What's new

Organic Soil Will Make you Smarter?

grapeman

Veteran
6'1' and 217 lbs. I can't do anything about my 3rd leg which weighs in at 12 lbs 11 oz.

Other then that, I'm normal.

V

vonforne

A little bird told me you're an athletic type of guy....it sounds like you can burn Mc D's up pretty quick. Fortunately,my GF is a great cook,keeping us tuned into organic meals. I do the soil,she does the food. These things are linked up in the whole organic gardening lifestyle.
So overall,I'd say that working with Organic soil keeps my wits sharp.........

Sounds like the Soil Food Web at your house.

V

Zendo

as much as u guys are ''dirt smart'' or smarter from organics, id bet good money most of you guys are overweight, have a history of antibiotic use and have never taken a real probiotic substance for your own intesines ''living soil''..

the probiotic bacteria in mens guts make b-vitamins, which make neuro tranmitters which alow thoughts to transpire, also the bowel that works(shits properly) keeps u from being autointoxicated from rotten shite fermenting in your gut which cant be good for clear thinking.

so yes bacteria makes u smarter, organic weed na, i cant imagine why unflushed animal remains in the leaf would be healthy or i.q. increasing, i would actually consider properly grown hydro to make u smarter as its cleaner in the end, with less things in it that arent cannabis.

one of the most important things in life isnt wheter u grow organi or chem, its whether u take great shits daily

I'll let your lack of any punctuation, capitalization, spelling, or organized grammar slide..These are very common errors made from the 'hydro bro's'<zing>

Why this post would cause you to make generalizations about our body types, or medical habits is beyond any reasonable line of thought.

Me...Vegetarian, don't eat any fast food, only use antibiotics to save my life, and haven't seen a 'western' doctor in 4 years..Many of the people in the organics thread, make their OWN probiotics.Many of us also grow our own organic foods. There are no unflushed animal remains in my plants, as I grow vegan as well..I also don't flush, as organic growers don't need to.

You should grab a handful of soil daily, and inhale.. May help you with your wild generalizations, scattered thought patterns, and may help with your grammar as well..

Let us know, so we can have a real field test of the scientific merit of that article?:moon:

Last edited:
V

vonforne

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zendo again.

I am a Mod......I thought I had an unlimited supply of these.

Nice post Z!

V

C

CT Guy

A little bird told me you're an athletic type of guy....it sounds like you can burn Mc D's up pretty quick. Fortunately,my GF is a great cook,keeping us tuned into organic meals. I do the soil,she does the food. These things are linked up in the whole organic gardening lifestyle.
So overall,I'd say that working with Organic soil keeps my wits sharp.........

Hahaha! So did Coot say I looked nothing like he expected? I get that a lot when I give talks to other gardeners, I usually try and grow a big beard the week before and throw on an old flannel shirt! I still think he should have had a big bushy beard! :)

I gotta get me one of those organic-cooking girlfriends....does yours have a sister? :)

J

JackTheGrower

Okay I am the fat guy.. Geeze you all got me. Well there had to be one didn't there?

T

treefrog

Okay I am the fat guy.. Geeze you all got me. Well there had to be one didn't there?

We forgive you, Token :D

Seriously though, Ayurveda teaches us about Doshas. Some folks have a body type considered very "Kapha" which is thicker than the other two types (Pitta, Vatta) naturally, even the Vegans!. Kaphas are also the most steady, friendly, and generally grounded people. They make fantastic friends, that can be relied upon. I get the kapha vibe from your writing, Jack.

Also, American's obsession with weight is sad. One's worth as a human being should never be judged by their weight! So, what if we were all fat? Does that mean the info we share, as organic growers is less valid?

There are none so blind as those who will not see..

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran

Seriously though, Ayurveda teaches us about Doshas. Some folks have a body type considered very "Kapha" which is thicker than the other two types (Pitta, Vatta) naturally, even the Vegans!. Kaphas are also the most steady, friendly, and generally grounded people. They make fantastic friends, that can be relied upon. I get the kapha vibe from your writing, Jack.

Also, American's obsession with weight is sad. One's worth as a human being should never be judged by their weight! So, what if we were all fat? Does that mean the info we share, as organic growers is less valid?

Hippie^^^^^^:ying:^^^^^
Your composting methods are fat Jack...you're alright by me.
Hey CT...can probably hook you up with some up-scale hippie chicks....LOL

i just got about ten adults to give up their stats n justify themselves online, very funny. my points were mostly in jest, thx for looking at my lack of capitials, some very bored human pointed that out to me, oh and my lack of puncuation that apparently was accurate enough to make all the peeps realize that it was diet justification time. there is plenty of organic guys who still do a 3 week flush, and theres some that dont, i grow with dirt n keep it dirty.

zendo You should grab a handful of rockwool daily, and inhale, i noticed when people eat vegan they start to whine alot and generally become read one book turned evangelicals, though they always look so sick, i guess when u grow vegan u also start to whine, just about pointless grammer, maybe the rockwool dust with help with that whine, its a proven science much like properly flushed hydro being the cleanest end product.

2 eech his own, nice to see that theres alot of yogis amongst us, any of you guys into gotu kola?

Zendo

i just got about ten adults to give up their stats n justify themselves online, very funny. my points were mostly in jest, thx for looking at my lack of capitials, some very bored human pointed that out to me, oh and my lack of puncuation that apparently was accurate enough to make all the peeps realize that it was diet justification time. there is plenty of organic guys who still do a 3 week flush, and theres some that dont, bottom line is that hydro properly grown is cleaner then organic and i grow with dirt n keep it dirty.

You should grab a handful of rockwool daily, and inhale, i noticed when people eat vegan they start to whine alot and generally become one book turned evangelicals, though always look so sick, i guess when u grow vegan u also start to whine, just about pointless grammer, maybe the rockwool dust with help with that, seems like the rock minus the wool dust aint doin it.

wow.

You got me there man..solid comeback. You are like Geppetto with words..A true puppet master.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Here we go again.........Lame.
EDIT:
"Yeah,he was 6 ft and 180 lbs".....just like the other 3 Billion people that fit that description. This cat brought up the diet thing,we called BS to it and engaged in a chat with our friends here...........Lame.

T

treefrog

OK, lets all go sniff some more soil and hopefully grow smart enough to avoid the special olympics.. because the winner is still arguing ;)

J

JackTheGrower

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zendo again.

I am a Mod......I thought I had an unlimited supply of these.

Nice post Z!

V

Hey Von,

Just thought about it when i read this.

Do you know that the original intent of Reputation is to vote on Threads?
That is why we have so few points in a day.

It's not realistic now since we have the ability to approve of a single post.

So there is a "Kun-NIgget" ( Monty Python humor)

Perhaps we should think about that. We should be able to vote on everything without limit or is it a sort of High School thing where it's just to make our friends look good and others not so?

Just thinking.

J

JackTheGrower

OK, lets all go sniff some more soil and hopefully grow smart enough to avoid the special olympics.. because the winner is still arguing ;)

I remember digging up new potatoes to make breakfast with. I would push my hand into the mound and dig around to find a few.

The Earth smelled so nice and the morning mist of dew was evaporating in the early morning light.

I would get peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, green onions, and squash..

Hey I like squash too..

J

JackTheGrower

You should.

The rivers of our experience all flow into the Stream. We all must Enter the Stream.

My problem is that I am needing to change and I am attached to this life. It's not clear. I have worked on it and it's always a "Wait for the Rain" kind of vibe that I am getting.

What is it that Sting Sings "heavy Clouds and no rain." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTM2O2CQxc

Then again we cannot step in the same river twice...

V

vonforne

Hey Von,

Just thought about it when i read this.

Do you know that the original intent of Reputation is to vote on Threads?
That is why we have so few points in a day.

It's not realistic now since we have the ability to approve of a single post.

So there is a "Kun-NIgget" ( Monty Python humor)

Perhaps we should think about that. We should be able to vote on everything without limit or is it a sort of High School thing where it's just to make our friends look good and others not so?

Just thinking.

Each day I go an give rep and thank yous to ALL the members I can. Some days more than others but always try to include all. I happen to think that most all the posts are worthy in one way or another. Every member shines in there own way. :)

Hugs and kisses now.

V

Many gardeners have long described gardening as their form of therapy and I must admit that the smell of good living soil and the feel of it in my hands can in fact have a calming effect on me when I'm grumpy. Especially after a couple puffs of good organic smoke.

I don't feel any smarter after gardening but I feel that calming down when I'm stressed or in pain can help me maintain a better perspective in life and have a little better chance at enjoying the day.