What's new

Organic SFV OGKush

Metatron

CC & JK - thanks for your input about top dressings and teas, its making me think real hard what I want to do this grow. Thanks again I'll report back how it goes.

M-

t13n

inoculated with mycorrhizae.

inoculated with mycorrhizae.

when you say the soil is "inoculated with mycorrhizae", what do you mean? How does this process work? Can you please help explain?

Scrappy4

Veteran
when you say the soil is "inoculated with mycorrhizae", what do you mean? How does this process work? Can you please help explain?

To me it's when I add mycorrhizae granules or powder to my soil at the root zone, or to rapid rooter for a clone. You sprinkle it on the roots or mix it in the root zone or both. Does that help? Scrappy

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
This should be a sticky! I like your style cc so logical and understanding. Simple is better imo.. Great read everyone should read this and take notes :tiphat:

mad librettist

Veteran
The benefit of this method is the ability to reduce the available food source to the plant before harvest, meaning the soil becomes lean from lack of decomposing organic matter, therefore reducing the amount of available minerals and salts at harvest time, when you don't want the plant having access to these elements. The fewer available minerals and salts in the medium at harvest time, the better the smoke will be. After tending to thousands of plants on an individual, intimate basis, I've come to know this as a fact. Salts and minerals in dry bud = fire retardants = not ideal.

pardon me, but while I love CC, the description he gives above is nonsense. this is something I would expect from oaksterdam, not from this forum.

periodically, someone shows up here with the idea that their bottle slinging is the apex of organic cannabis cultivation. they show us amazing pictures of bottle fed buds if we try to mention living soil. then they propose, more or less, that the one with the best pics is right.

living soil is where it's at! don't take the chemical growing paradigm and "port" it over to organic growing. start over, with fresh eyes and a child's mind.

most important, forget about being in charge of your plants' nutrition. you can hire a micro-herd to do that.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm just talking about adding granulated micro beasties to ensure the right bacterium and fungi are present in the medium.

ML, thanks for the input, as warranted and awesome as ever. You fail to recognize that I have employed dozens of completely different methods of cultivation over the years, not just bottle-fed. I explore all possibilities, and learn volumes along the way. I have grown completely organic, completely inorganic, and everything in between. I have shared many thousands of pictures with the online community, half of them on overgrow, where all of my work was either pure organics or some variation thereof. I do not need your speeches about how everyone should grow, and if they don't do it your way, they are doing it the wrong way... you and I are polar opposites in this regard... I propose that there are limitless ways to skin this cat, you propose just one. I can respect that, I really can, which is why you don't see me following you around arguing that you are not doing your thing correctly. You, however, seek out the chance to tell people they are not doing it right... I mean, what the hell is that? Same BS, different thread, is what it is. But I guess this is the kind of friction you have always been known for, nothing new. Quite an impressive ego, to be preaching cannabis growing methods when all you show in pictures is rotting food. No cannabis plants that you are proud enough of that you share pictures with the community? Again, what is that? Leave me in peace to grow my shitty herb, please! cc

mad librettist

Veteran
I think a better strategy would be to say "hey, once upon a time that was the best the cannabis community had to offer organic gardeners. Now though, the scene is very different, thanks to a change in emphasis from chemistry to biology, and from control to synergy."

Something along those lines, or maybe spend a little less time attacking a person, and more defending the method. Everybody here knows I am full of it, after all. It's even stated in my sig. so it should be easy to disprove the one theory that would cause my whole system to unravel if you could kill it: that given the proper environment and the right supporting cast, a plant like cannabis can ask for only what it needs from the soil. There is therefore no reason or sense in trying to manipulate decay itself. Let the process never stop, and let the cannabis find its own way. At that task, it is better suited than you are.

someone came on here for some reason and dredged up this old info, and sent it a valentine. I disagree on the merits of the information, not the messenger. no one has attacked you, CC, or your weed. It's really wonderful that you have tried so many methods. Nonetheless, what you posted all that time ago in this thread is utter nonsense. that's just your words, not you i have a problem with. There would be no issue at all, but someone brought it up. Sorry bro, I don control that and I see no reason to hold back on account of anyone.

as for me, these days I am most interested in getting people to try a living mulch. I'd love for you to try, too. Itś easy! and remember - every crazy composer needs a mad librettist.

Last edited:

Scrappy4

Veteran
You know if you feel that way Mad, you could always keep quiet for a change, and listen for once, every other post does not have to be yours. I happen to agree with you on diversity in growing, but it is not a right or wrong deal every time. There is room for other methods than yours, no need to junk up an otherwise nice thread.....scrappy

mad librettist

Veteran
I disagree.

As for posting frequency, no apologies. What's it to ya?

OP makes a claim of superiority I have every reason to disagree with, and I did not dredge this out of the past. Am responding to cody2white. Yes there is plenty of room for all kinds of methods but if you make a claim that you have to use bottles and bat shit in a special way to control the plant's nutrition, and that you will then and only then get the best possible, highest grade product, that if your soil is well fed your buds will taste bad - I say Bullshit! You don't need to flush in organics.

This medium makes it so you can listen and speak at the same time. Attacking another member for speaking is out of line, even if they have recently disagreed with you elsewhere.

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
diversity is king.....there's more than one right way to grow organic.....no drama please....

M

manchild

I don't know how I missed this thread but it contains a wealth of information. I'll have to give it a try....somehing different is good for me. I use a product called Humisolve by BioAg with my nute solution and my plant health improved beyond my perception(end product). I'm waiting on the mail carrier for my Guano. Thanks again for posting and keep it green.

I'm running this with just stright up roots organic in a 3 gal topdressed with 1 tbs Peruvian seabird guano every other water I'm running the lost coast sweet tooth with this mix and she looks really dialed in K+ for this thread. Peace.

M

manchild

This is my first attempt. I messed up bigtime by going outside of the norm and giving the plant nute solution within my water cycle week. I also used cal-mag which created a problem. Next run will be totally different. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 13

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
a plant like cannabis can ask for only what it needs from the soil
A plant like cannabis does not ASK for anything but will take all it can get from the soil weather it's organic or chem. What about if there is a presence of too much sodium, does the cannabis not take that up? did it ask for it? interesting questions in a mad world.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
A plant like cannabis does not ASK for anything but will take all it can get from the soil weather it's organic or chem. What about if there is a presence of too much sodium, does the cannabis not take that up? did it ask for it? interesting questions in a mad world.

:snap out of it:

mad librettist

Veteran

science says otherwise... plants ave a huge influence, if you let them.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
How the hell did this surface again? Just so everyone knows how open and ballanced this thread is, of course not concerned with personal issues, I had quite a number of logical posts countering some of the OP's growing paradigm and hypotheses described and the OP used the moderator power to remove all of my posts.

I remember.

Latest posts

Latest posts