What's new

Organic SFV OGKush... DONE

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This may be the most anticipated harvest in years around here. :) This plant has had my undivided attention for more than a month now.

She was put into the 12/12 room on August 1st. So today has been 84 days of 12/12 for this lady. Longer than I expected she'd go, but I wanted this very special lady to be at her absolute peak.

SFV has a reputation of kicking the asses of even the most experienced growers/smokers, and taking her out to 80+ days should really emphasize the heavy couchlock effects I like in my evening smoke. This is the kind of weed that makes you miss your exit, laugh about it, then miss it again on the way back. :)

Grow details:
In early flower she got Pure Blend Pro nutrients (Grow formula for the first 1-2 weeks of 12/12, and Bloom after budset was in full swing).

I switched nutes to Foxfarm's Tiger Bloom after running out of Pure Blend Pro. Every few feeding I will use liquid "Budswel" (seabird and bat guano tea with earthworm castings and seaweed extract)... this product is very good, but tends to drop the pH of the solution considerably, so adjusting pH upward is necessary in most cases.

The medium is simple, pure, unadulterated Pro-Mix HP. I would have gotten almost identical results from Coco.

I cannot stress enough... pH control!!! Many folks get bunk info about controlling pH. Some say they never adjust pH and they do just fine... well... "fine" isn't what connoisseur smokers want. I believe that even the quality of the smoke is affected by the pH of what the plant is eating/drinking. If you can keep that pH within a few points north or south of 6.0 the entire grow cycle, the smoke should smoke excellent. Of course the plant should NOT be loaded with nutes at harvest, but assuming the plant is flushed and fed at 6.0 pH, the smoke should be very nice. Personally, I go no lower than 5.7 pH, and no higer than 6.2 pH.

Anyhow, thanks for popping into this thread, I hope you enjoy your stay. :)
20SFV_OGK_DONE_9_.JPG

20SFV_OGK_DONE_8_.JPG

20SFV_OGK_DONE_7_.JPG

20SFV_OGK_DONE_6_.JPG

20SFV_OGK_DONE_5_.JPG

20SFV_OGK_DONE_4_.JPG

20SFV_OGK_DONE_3_.JPG

20SFV_OGK_DONE_2_.JPG

20SFV_OGK_DONE.JPG

Grizz

Veteran
Oh hum another awsome grow by CC, justice is not good enough to describe the results you got. outstanding..

badmf

Lookin' real real good CC! What lite did you go with? I am droppin' it like it's hot soon as these finish. Under 2 1k hps to every 1k mh. But I wasn't expecting 84 days!!! lol Whatever it takes!! :joint:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CC-as always, nice to see a strain maximized. lookin forward to your final judgement, as over the last 6 months or so, ive been picking up cuts of strains youve grown, and between your skills, photography, descriptions, and judgements, feel like i know more about a strain in advance than when i buy seeds from a company!(though i still cant get "mouth infection" outta my mind! thanks for that man!lol.) did that make sense? im still a lil groggy from the meds! anyways...curious to see how this stacks up(in your opinion) to some of her cousins that ive grown(chem d, ffa) I actually had her at one point, but was so crowded with mothers for my small grow, i had to cut some out. so keep us updated. thanks for doin what you do.....sub

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
DONE INDEED!!!!!
Fine grow on her CC. Now wait a while and let all that love and care that went into it beat ya upside the head,,,,hehe

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to see everyone. :) :wave: Thanks for the nice comments.

MIKE JONES said:
nice & danky lookin!! r those outlaws beans?

I don't think so... it's the original cut as far as I know.

badmf said:
What lite did you go with?

2 x 1000 watt HPS lights.

subrob said:
curious to see how this stacks up(in your opinion) to some of her cousins that ive grown(chem d, ffa)

They're all special in their own ways... hard to compare. As far as I'm concerned, though, SFV is ALWAYS to be trusted for a severe mental whoopin. I've smoked it plenty, this is my first time growing her though.

Fantastic pics! That plant looks like it was healthy and happy the whole time. I was unsure about the way I have been controlling my ph but your results give me confidence. I've been trying to keep a range between 5.7 and 6.3 as best I can this cycle...Hopefully I will have similar results to yours this run, although I'm not running quite as refined genetics. :nono:

T

totaln00b

Looks awesome. What percentage of amber trichomes did you have at 84 days? Does SFV have the longest flowering time for an OG cut?

G

Gossamer

Very nice weight on her! Is it swerves? I can never get a decent yield out of her. I'm all organic as well. Maybe I'll try a little bud booster next time. Anywayz....beautiful buds. They should be excellent nighty night meds for sure!

Goss

Onepunchko

Nice job CC! I just finished up a sfv I had outside just for shits and giggles and it turned out awsome, but you got much nicer sized nugs. IF ya dont mind me asking, how much did ya get off of 1 plant?

K+

here is my outdo sfv

Latest posts

Latest posts