What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Satori / Skunk / Ice Cream under 400W HPS

Organic Satori / Skunk / Ice Cream under 400W HPS

• Black Label Doublegum

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Paradise Allkush / Sheherazade

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Paradise Durga Mata

• Paradise Ice Cream (my last seed)

• Paradise Nebula

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Paradise Dutch Dragon

• Sensi Shiva Shanti

• Sagarmatha Western Winds

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Ace Seeds Pakistan Chitral Kush

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Mandala Satori

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Mandala Beyond the Brain

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Mandala Rishi Kush

• Mandala Point of No Return

• Mandala Safari Mix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nirvana Full Moon

• Nirvana New York Power Diesel

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Nirvana Strawberry Cough

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Delicious Critical Kush

• Seedsman Kerala x Skunk

• Pure Filipino Sativa

• Pure Cambodian Sativa

• Pure Indian Sativa

• Homegrown Fantaseeds AC Diesel

• Homegrown Fantaseeds Afghani

• Old but Good Seeds (that may or may not germ)

• Total voters

Gelado`

Veteran
Gave them all some EWC yesterday and the smell from the plants this morning was intense! I know they liked it. :) I'd say the IC could definitely use one more week. Maybe two or three more for the skunk and about the same for the Satori.

The Afghani is around 16" tall now and no sign of sex (yet)! Great vigor; hope she's a girl! Classic indica branching (obviously)!

Last edited:

Gelado`

Veteran
Switched over to LED today--temps are WAY, WAY down. Cooler than CFL, and extremely bright. I need sunglasses to work around my tent now and even then everything looks green when I look away! Should be interesting to see how the plants react to the switch. Hopefully it won't stress the Skunk out.

The light is so intense I can't even tell what color the pistils are, so I'm going to have to shut down all my LEDs (400W total, I have LED spots as well as the big light up top) to get a better look! Even with an LED flashlight, I can't get a proper look at the color of the pistils.

On the plus side I see temperature, humidity, power consumption and odor all falling; much more comfortable in the room now!

Gelado`

Veteran
Out of town for six days and I didn't get a chance to water my plants before I flew out. Fortunately I switched over to LED before I left and I keep my medium moist, so they should be ok and hopefully not all of them wiill be wilting when I get back! Fingers crossed.

Gelado`

Veteran
I'm back! The LED appears to have much higher PAR value; I found healthy green algae growing on the soil in some of the pots. The Ice Cream is very much done and the Skunk needs to come down; the lack of water caused the fans to dry up, and the LEDs appear to have sped the plants up.

My HGF Afghani is a female...woo hoo! :)

Gelado`

Veteran
Took down most of the Ice Cream today; it appears to have dried out severely. Still moist, but major shrinkage, and lots of fans dropped. The Skunk and Satori need to come down too. Lots of dead leaves to remove. I wish I'd had a chance to water them before I left, but at least there's no mold and they're still plenty smokeable.

Gelado`

Veteran
Took down the rest of the Ice Cream, the Skunk and Satori and trimmed it all up. The Skunk actually looks like the heaviest yielder! I found the start of bud rot in the Satori and had to discard about a gram of bud (thank God I caught it early).

My thumb hurts from the scissors. I'm going to give them another haircut tomorrow to further clean them up. Looks like 6 oz dry from these three plants! Tomorrow I'll transplant the Satori clone and the Durga Mata into their new homes, give everything a feed, and germ a New York Power Diesel or Western Winds.

I also need to take new Satori and Afghani clones to serve as moms!

Gelado`

Veteran
Everything is drying up nicely; looks like I caught the rot in the nick of time! Lots of male flowers on the Skunk, but not too many seeds I don't think; a few dozen among the three plants, maybe.

The Afghani is ENORMOUS. Well done Homegrown Fantaseeds, that's a heck of a girl! I may have to trim a few fans and remove some branches as she is really sprawling.

I have two Ice Creams flowering; one further along than the other. Then I have the Afghani, that is just getting started, and I transplanted in the Satori clone and the Durga Mata today. I'll feed and hit everything with worm castings tomorrow to keep the girls happy, as well as some cal carbonate and epsom salts for the Ca and Mg. Everything looks great. I moved the plants around to give them more light and they look much happier.

Hopefully the Durga Mata kicks it up a notch now that she has more room and more nutes. :) She's still pretty small.

Gelado`

Veteran
Tried the Satori today; nice high! Needs to cure, but it smokes well already. Not couchlocky (although I only smoked a small bowl), but a nice, up, happy high. I quite like it. Gotta try a larger sample once it's fully dried, and then I need to try it again at at least two months in!

Gelado`

Veteran
Dropped the light 6" or so; looks like they're loving the light. Topped the Durga Mata; It has enough room to spread out, so topping it should help with that. The LED light does warm up the tent, but nowhere near as much as an HPS. The girls look good.

Jarred up all of the bud today...I'm happy with the yield. :) I really like the Satori high. I can still get stuff done on it and it inspires seriously deep thought.

Granger2

Veteran
Gel,
Yeah, I liked my 3, or was it 4, Satori phenos. All different, all good. Potent, tasty, good highs. Only con was that only one pheno wasn't a PITA to trim. Mom I kept was a Root Aphid casualty. Enjoy. -granger

Gelado`

Veteran
Granger, yeah, no fun to trim and it was so leafy that it got the botrytis. I may have to try popping a few more!

Gelado`

Veteran
Noticed some burn and tips curling down on my Afghani female today...classic nitrogen overdose. I was a little surprised since none of the other plants showed any burn. A little later I decided to pick the pots up to see how they were doing for water. Well, the Afghani pot was light as a feather! That is one thirsty girl! Gave her 1.5 quarts and I'm hoping she looks happier tomorrow. I have to remember how big and thirsty she is!

Gelado`

Veteran
The Satori is the sweetest smelling smoke I've ever harvested--seriously candy-like. Great smoke too. I love the stuff, and have a lot of it to smoke over the next year (or two)!

Gelado`

Veteran
Looks like I have an Ice Cream about ready to harvest and it looks GOOD--best one yet perhaps. Got two more ready to transplant in. Perpetual seems to be the way to go if I can harvest one or two plants a month; it keeps the odor down and makes trimming easier, and I can play with new strains while proven ones are flowering!

Gelado`

Veteran
Going to clone the Afghani ASAP and move in the Ice Creams right after I harvest the one that is pretty much done. Time to germ a Western Winds too I think!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Hows the Afghani doing? Was it just thirsty or was it nitrogen too? I run into that with FF nutes and the more sensitive sat leaning plants, but not with the afghani/indica leaners.

Gelado`

Veteran
WG, just a lack of water that showed up as a nitrogen deficiency before the wilt. Watered it well and she's happy again. :) She's going to need more water now!

Gelado`

Veteran
Took down the IC today. She's been in the back of the tent and constantly shaded through her life. I only fed her with dry nutes once; she did the rest with what was left in the medium from the previous plant in the container.

Not a huge plant or yield, but it looks like really nice bud. Maybe 14-15g dry?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gelado`

Veteran
The Satori went maybe 11-12 weeks; it died due to lack of water and was harvested ASAP. I may have to cut out some of the browner-looking leaf, depending on how it smells after curing. I think it would take 9-10 under LED. I have a Satori clone flowering now!