What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oregon ommp question

yondermountain

So I have been lucky to have my Dr sign for me but his visit is 250$, but that is not why i posted.
As one of the first card holders (#173) let me tell you of some of the negatives of OMMP for someone in your position. If you ever become disabled or injured it provides no potection and having the card should you become permanently disabled may disqualify you for SSD. It may not seem ike a big deal now but a freak accident has left me seriously disabled and I absolutely would not have SSD if I had renewed my card. Now that said I do not know how the medical records are handled at these clinics and if you can just keep quiet and have no one find out about your card but it is in my medical file i have had a card. I had to explain to SS that I no longer used cannabis(ahem) medically to keep from having my case dumped. If you ommit having the card it can be construed as fraud and get you in serious trouble.
Finally there are still comunities whose PD refuse to acknowlege the OMMA (Beware of Reedsport:asskick: if you can't get a state trooper on the scene your card is your enemy there) and the issue of growing vs caregiver vs "clinic-oid" in oregon is a fucking mess and can also bring the same problems to you card or not employment wise you worry about going to a clinic.
The OMMA was a good law with provisions to make it better but has been whittled away at so it is a gauze-like protection within very narrow limits.These flimsy protections and narrow limits offer little real protection to those in sensitive work situations
A very good friend is a tug captain and caregiver to his wife. He lives in very real fear of any sort of publicity about their grow. As in having an issue and it getting back to his employers. Legally he is in full compliance but ocassionally outdoor grows are raided, make the paper and no follow up is printed stating it was a medical grow and legal ( doesn't look good on the cops so it rarely gets noted, charges are dropped and it is forgotten). He would lose a 30 yr career should this happen though he does not use it himself.
Some things to think about in using the OMMA as it is now.
Yours in southern oregon,
WR:deadxmas:

Good Post, thanks for headsup WR.
Has anyone else experienced any problems because of their card?

I have a few more questions regarding the OMMP if anyone who is familiar with the process would be kind enough to enlighten me.

To get a card from a clinic, like MAMA or MMCS, will I just walk in and talk to a doctor about my ailment that qualifies me (say migraines) for a mmj card? Then the doctor will decide if my condition will be improved through the use of mmj and decide whether or not to write a script?
Or does my medical records have to show that I have previously been diagnosed or treated for the said ailment that would qualify for mmj?
Anyone who has been through an Oregon clinic, what was your experience?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I would like to get my card soon so i can get my grow on, but would like to know what to expect before I become legal.

Peace,
yondermountain:joint:

G

grasspass

I would like to hear more about social security refusing medical mj patients disability . Has this happened ? Still plan on getting the card sometime.

W

whiterasta

I would like to hear more about social security refusing medical mj patients disability . Has this happened ? Still plan on getting the card sometime.

All I can say is my lawyer would not even take my case if I had still had a card. The only person I know who did get SSD with a card was booted from SSD after he went for his medicare exam and told them he had one. It is still federally illegal and considerd illegal drug use.This disqualifies one for SSD automatically. Should be interesting to see how it is handled with the increasing number of states with MMJ and number of permanently disabled who use cannabis increasing. Perhaps they look at it as a way to save money on SSD by denying Cannabis users, IDK?
WR

sh1wn

Hi guys,I have been on ssd for 2 1/2 years,I have had my card for 2 years.On my last yearly ssd thing they did ask if i had a card,i asked why and they said it was because some of the caregives won't work around pot.We hire our own caregiver so it hasn't been a problem.I did tell them i had a card and my check still comes every month.
Shawn

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
DANG!!! few Orygun folks here!! COOL....

Besides WR, I must know at least one of you?? maybe??

Good info here pertaining to our laws here!!!

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
I wish they would ease the restrictions on who qualifies for the card, I most certainly use Cannabis medicinally, but I don't have Cancer, extreme pain, Glaucoma, or any of the others on the list.
I use Cannabis for minor to moderate neck and back pain, appetite stimulation, and to promote regular and quality sleep cycles, using it also has a habit of taking that intense edge off my personality that scares some folks(I'm ADHD). But I doubt any of that would get me a card as far as I can tell.

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
I don't really know you,but i am a member of another site you mod on.

Aaaahhh very cool, judging from the thread, I'd guess OGF??...

I wish they would ease the restrictions on who qualifies for the card, I most certainly use Cannabis medicinally, but I don't have Cancer, extreme pain, Glaucoma, or any of the others on the list.
I use Cannabis for minor to moderate neck and back pain, appetite stimulation, and to promote regular and quality sleep cycles, using it also has a habit of taking that intense edge off my personality that scares some folks(I'm ADHD). But I doubt any of that would get me a card as far as I can tell.

Hey, theres a face I haven't seen in months...Hope all is well in yer neck of the woods BACK, glad to see ya post up, wondered how this last summer treated you??

Perhaps, you should check into being a caregiver/grower...at least you can grow without any LEO problems, you can have up to 24 ozs on your person/auto/house/just about anywhere in Oregon you are!!! Problem is, and its a very small probem, is that, that card will NOT protect you from using MMJ, and I am not advocating you can or will get to sample, but......there are some creative loop holes in our OMMP laws, and its pretty painless IF...something odd were to happen like if some smoke did jump into your lungs some how... :watchplant:

but you didn't hear that from me....I'll deny it :shooty: teehee!!!

sh1wn

Yup ogf

backcountry-It's easy to get a card for pain,Im sure you got something that hurts just get your doctor to write it down and after 3-4 vists you should have enough for a clinic to sign,it's not cheep but prison sucks.You could just keep doing what your doing and use a medical defence if shit happens.I think the card would be cheeper.
Shawn

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Hey, theres a face I haven't seen in months...Hope all is well in yer neck of the woods BACK, glad to see ya post up, wondered how this last summer treated you??

Perhaps, you should check into being a caregiver/grower...at least you can grow without any LEO problems, you can have up to 24 ozs on your person/auto/house/just about anywhere in Oregon you are!!! Problem is, and its a very small probem, is that, that card will NOT protect you from using MMJ, and I am not advocating you can or will get to sample, but......there are some creative loop holes in our OMMP laws, and its pretty painless IF...something odd were to happen like if some smoke did jump into your lungs some how... :watchplant:

but you didn't hear that from me....I'll deny it :shooty: teehee!!!
A matter of fact, I am in the process of becoming a caregiver, a relative of a good friend needs someone to help him grow his meds, its not so much that he couldn't do it himself, but more that he likes to travel, and needs someone trustworthy to keep a eye on his greenhouse, and his soon to come indoor.
I won't discuss the nature of my compensation........ :whistling:
But I'll be all legal to have my fingerprints on everything, or to deal with the Sheriff if they somehow detected it(highly unlikely).

I'd rather have my own card though, just wish Oregon was easier, like California.

sh1wn- Unfortunately, I'm one of those poor southern Oregon hill folk with no doctor to visit(thats why I self medicate), I suppose I could sacrifice some food and gas money for a few months to make it happen.........but I have a feeling the fam wouldn't appreciate it. Doubt I'd get caught growing 3-6 plants guerrilla style in the deep woods, its more that I'm tired of busting my ass out there. This provider deal should help for now though.

Thanks for listening to my complaining guys..................:smokey:

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
A matter of fact, I am in the process of becoming a caregiver, a relative of a good friend needs someone to help him grow his meds, its not so much that he couldn't do it himself, but more that he likes to travel, and needs someone trustworthy to keep a eye on his greenhouse, and his soon to come indoor.
I won't discuss the nature of my compensation........ :whistling:
But I'll be all legal to have my fingerprints on everything, or to deal with the Sheriff if they somehow detected it(highly unlikely).

I'd rather have my own card though, just wish Oregon was easier, like California.

sh1wn- Unfortunately, I'm one of those poor southern Oregon hill folk with no doctor to visit(thats why I self medicate), I suppose I could sacrifice some food and gas money for a few months to make it happen.........but I have a feeling the fam wouldn't appreciate it. Doubt I'd get caught growing 3-6 plants guerrilla style in the deep woods, its more that I'm tired of busting my ass out there. This provider deal should help for now though.

Thanks for listening to my complaining guys..................:smokey:

Good to hear BACK.....and as far as Orygun being as easy as Cali, just hang on, wait a lil bit...Our org. is doing what we can right now to change our laws, however....if Cali and Washington get their way, and we being right smak dab in the middle of it all, should bleed over into our state too.....seems to be the course Cali has set for the whole country!!!

So....do yer caregiver thing, learn more about INDOOR growing...if I can assist you in any way...shoot me a pm here, and we'll see what I can do for you, also....if you have a OMMP card for care/grower you can join our private OMMP only site, again, shoot me a pm if your interested in that as well, and I'll get ya all set up!!!

Good to see yer still active, and STILL in Orygun!! BE SAFE BRO!!! :D

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Well, any DR can see you for your pain and get you 2 chat notes to go to a clinic. This is usuall $130-$180 a visit without insurance. Then you go to the clinic.... they look for buzzwords....... mine needed to say "chonric pain not severe paint but when he got t the part where it says degenerative then he put the paperwork back in the file and set me an appoint ment. 5 days later, I had my card.

So 2-400 for the DR visit/notes
100 to the state
200 to the clinic

Right now it's taking a backlog of 6 moths to get the actual card which you are still legal after you turn in your paperwork. So if you pay 100 to the state for 1 year and it takes them 6-8 months then you get the 6-8 months for free:D

I recommend that it's asmall price to pay in regards to harvest to get it.

I never like the care giver route.would rather be protected for me myself.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
learn more about INDOOR growing...
Been there, done that(commercial scale hydro and commercial greenhouse back in the day), I prefer greenhouse of the three ways to grow from my experience.

I've got a appointment for a Glaucoma screening, a family member has it, and its been 20 years since I've been tested, maybe I'll be unlucky enough to get the card that way.

G

grasspass

Got the ommp

Got the ommp

I sent in my rec the other day , so now I'm legal. Ashland Alternative Health is awesome. Discreet and fast . I was there only about 45 minutes! Now how do I grow backyard monsters without teens and everyone else finding them?! I'm starting a secure indoor 400w grow this week.

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
I sent in my rec the other day , so now I'm legal. Ashland Alternative Health is awesome. Discreet and fast . I was there only about 45 minutes! Now how do I grow backyard monsters without teens and everyone else finding them?! I'm starting a secure indoor 400w grow this week.

Yeah, Alex is a good man, I've known him for a few years now, and have nothing but good things to say about him, he's turned out to be a good friend too!!!

Listen, if there is anything I can do to help you get started, or whatever......just let me know!!! BTW, have ya seen or been to our Oregon based MMJ website??

G

grasspass

Thanks Sportster. By the way, my motorcycle crashing [offroad] is why I qualify for a card. I have 3 dirt bikes but , dang, I need a Harley!

G

grasspass

Card just came in the mail. It only took Oregon a month to get the actual card to me.

Fresh Start

Man all this shit is confusing. I'm from Cali where you see a doctor and get a stamp. Your done! 90 bucks out the door. I'm moving to portland in a few months from San Francisco and I was looking to get my card up there ( i already have a card in Cali) Is there any way I can get my doctor in Cali to give me a MMJ card in Oregon? Like WTF, when I move I loose my insurance ya dig? I see it hard to believe you have to pay 600 bucks for a card. A doctor visit, then clinic fees, and state fees??

I have a few questions. I am a caregiver now for my sick friend. But I was interested about the discussion for SSD. What about marinol? it would give synthetic thc into your body which is federally approved. Can doctors tell the difference between synthetic and natural? if not couldnt you just say you take something that is federally perscribed instead of marijuana which is what a class three offense still?

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
Good Post, thanks for headsup WR.
Has anyone else experienced any problems because of their card?

I have a few more questions regarding the OMMP if anyone who is familiar with the process would be kind enough to enlighten me.

To get a card from a clinic, like MAMA or MMCS, will I just walk in and talk to a doctor about my ailment that qualifies me (say migraines) for a mmj card? Then the doctor will decide if my condition will be improved through the use of mmj and decide whether or not to write a script?
Or does my medical records have to show that I have previously been diagnosed or treated for the said ailment that would qualify for mmj?
Anyone who has been through an Oregon clinic, what was your experience?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I would like to get my card soon so i can get my grow on, but would like to know what to expect before I become legal.

Peace,
yondermountain:joint:

:yeahthats i was also wondering about having documentation of ailment before applying for mmj rec. thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts