What's new

Oregon considers growing, selling and taxing marijuana

Tafari

The OCTA is a different bill that Paul Stanford introduced. Another dude who should just stick with growing pot and stay out of politics,

Tafari

Kinderfeld

My patients pay nothing. They cannot afford to pay a thing. How would they afford $98 they don't have now?

I don't care if these people are growing quality meds or not, but I seriously doubt they will be able to cater to a patient as much as personal growers. In fact, I know they couldn't.

Also, how are they going to get the DEA off their backs?

You patients may pay nothing but don't be naive enough to assume most caregivers are as caring as you are. I seriously doubt those who pay personal growers for their meds pay less than 98$. Just speculating...

Oledad420

You patients may pay nothing but don't be naive enough to assume most caregivers are as caring as you are. I seriously doubt those who pay personal growers for their meds pay less than 98$. Just speculating...

I'm also a grower for 3 other besides myself and have been for over 4 years now and I have NEVER asked them for 1 cent. The people that do charge these people should be kicked in the balls IMO, making profit of the sick, sounds like our current medical system.

i see it as the new cannibis tax stamp idea from back in the day. ommp would be come illegal and the state would now be in charge. but the state likes federal money. so it wouldnt want to break federal laws. so there for it wouldnt grow. and i doubt the pharmacies want to deal with breaking federal laws either. seems like if these lawmakers could convince enough people, that it was for their safety, like i see them playing it out on the news, talking about patients need quality control, stating that growers spray insectacides, and other nasty chems, and the state wouldnt. also so that growers wont be targets from rippers and such. and keeping drugs off the streets. blah blah blah. this is a horrible law that will hurt a lot of patients more than help. i know my patients couldnt afford an extra 400 bones a month on meds.

faded.

This is different from the cannabis tax act; I'm a supporter of that. Medical marijuana isn't really my cause; I'm for freeing the weed.

This seems like just another effort to further ghetto-ize the medical marijuana movement. Would it really make it illegal for patients to make their own though? I mean, in Cali, you can buy it at a store OR grow it. I bet this would pass depending on those little particularities.

CaptainTrips

I'm also a grower for 3 other besides myself and have been for over 4 years now and I have NEVER asked them for 1 cent. The people that do charge these people should be kicked in the balls IMO, making profit of the sick, sounds like our current medical system.

These people risk there lives and livelehood as growers. They deserve compensation. Why should it be free? What other med is free?

Oledad420

jaysplifferton: Nope you wont be able to grow it yourself if this passes, unlike in Cali. Thats my biggest bitch, I'm all for a place for people to get there meds if the have no way of growing it for themselves, but not if it means I cant grow my own.

CaptainTrips: I risk my life everyday as a grower also and I do it because of a love for this plant and to help others, not for personal gain and right now the state says I CAN NOT recieve compensation for it, but if this law passes they(the state) will be able to recieve compansation for it and I wont even be able to grow it. I know many med growers in Oregon that grow for others and recieve nothing for it except a large thank you and the feeling of pride they get for helping others.

Wow. This really is a sh!t bill then.

I bet they'd find a way to lace it with something to kill the high too. Honestly I think all the minutiae regarding medicinal pot is getting out of hand. Oregon sucks in so many ways. I mean it's a state full of cool chilled out people that is run by dodo birds.

I'm still hoping the cannabis tax act passes. Then it'll be a state full of stoned people that is run by dodo birds.

A

Amstel Light

has any of these proposals, whether signed in or not ever sought to tax and/or impose sanctions on growers?

to me it would seem the money would be in having anyone interested in growing for themselves, for non medical conditions to be regulated as any other enterprise. It would create so many sub industry's and a whole lot of tax revenue.

growers would have to take a safety course maybe a course regarding the legal aspects in order to receive licenses. more intensive training for those growing commercial.
if the the personal grower sells a bag it should be taxed the bag or container it is sold in should be labeled with growers license # and stamped by grower stating taxes PAID.

if someone is caught without lic. or tax stamp they should be fined and they should pay..and i would be happy either way cause i would be high at the time .. 00.2

CaptainTrips

has any of these proposals, whether signed in or not ever sought to tax and/or impose sanctions on growers?

to me it would seem the money would be in having anyone interested in growing for themselves, for non medical conditions to be regulated as any other enterprise. It would create so many sub industry's and a whole lot of tax revenue.

growers would have to take a safety course maybe a course regarding the legal aspects in order to receive licenses. more intensive training for those growing commercial.
if the the personal grower sells a bag it should be taxed the bag or container it is sold in should be labeled with growers license # and stamped by grower stating taxes PAID.

if someone is caught without lic. or tax stamp they should be fined and they should pay..and i would be happy either way cause i would be high at the time .. 00.2

Um, if if it was legal, I know I would not be growing indoors under artificial lights... Still, taking a course is a bunch of crap, as is taxing a plant for personal use. The only thing that should be taxed is if you are selling it for commercial purposes, as in a commercial enterprise.

robbiedublu

This bill is BS. How many different varieties will the state be able to provide? Certainly not the hundreds available now. It will just force growers back underground. Fortunately it almost certainly will not pass in Oregon.

A

Amstel Light

so taking a 4-6 hour course to get licensed to grow weed is worse than... If you sell even a nickle it's still commerce thus commercial right?