What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon Cannabis Wholesale Pricing and Market Info

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
There have been many changes in the Oregon marijuana industry since marijuana went legal for recreational use. There have been noticeable ripples in the supply chain changing the game for many growers.

There are forecasts of major price drops down to $600 a pound of bud and $1 grams of oil in the future.

There are concerns of the connoisseur market dispearing.

What are you noticing is happening to the market? What kind of wholesale prices have you seen?

Aota1

I think there will be very few med only dispensaries unfortunately. Our med customer percentage is 5-10% on a daily basis. Some other dispensaries have a larger core of med regulars but not by much I think. It seems like every producer will need to get licensed to survive. There's going to be the first ever in Oregon herb auction next month in Medford!

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I picked up 50 units of indoor 1750 all Fruity Strains... No Kushes or Cali popular genetics ... but this is year round prices all day/night

Outs 30 units 1000 each... quality solid but not on the same level as NorCal

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I think there will be very few med only dispensaries unfortunately. Our med customer percentage is 5-10% on a daily basis. Some other dispensaries have a larger core of med regulars but not by much I think. It seems like every producer will need to get licensed to survive. There's going to be the first ever in Oregon herb auction next month in Medford!

Thanks for the info. Folks I been speaking with are thinking the same thing. For some, the uncertainties of the next few years really makes it tough to start a new medical business. It may not pay to be a first mover on the rec game either if a lot of folks end up losing their asses over the next couple years. Who knows....

Is there a website for the auction?

I picked up 50 units of indoor 1750 all Fruity Strains... No Kushes or Cali popular genetics ... but this is year round prices all day/night

Outs 30 units 1000 each... quality solid but not on the same level as NorCal

Nice grab. Those prices seem fair. What are you getting in nor cal that your not getting in southern Oregon?

kelly1376

Plenty producers might be content with $600 by the time all the rec producers get rolling.

Currently 988 rec applications in:

http://www.oregon.gov/olcc/marijuana/Documents/mj_app_stats_by_county.pdf

Most of those are for 40k square feet of canopy space and few are currently in production yet. From what I understand those that are producing have to wait weeks to get product tested.

Consider the state was already saturated before rec, a year from now should be a glut like has never been seen anywhere.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Rec wholesale bud prices seem to be up about $200/lb since the expensive testing era took over

Yeah, seems like the prices are really inflated at dispensaries right now. I'm guessing within a year producers will be able to bring the prices down and have variety consistently. I could be wrong though. It will be interesting to see what happens...

q3corn

We've seen things stay pretty consistent where I work. cheapest we've picked up recently is 1000/lb, most expensive (this month) was 2200/lb. I'm on the retail side of things, btw.

Davesnothere420

Can you just legally pick up a lb from a dispensery or are you guys talking black market? n if that is dispensery what are black market prices?

PDX Dopesmoker

People with medical or commercial licenses can trade in large volumes legally, citizens who did not pay the state's protection fee can still barter in marijuana for marijuana trades (i.e dabs for flower), but not cash or other negotiable goods or services. People who only got the limited "medical" protection plan (silver tier) are still limited to somewhat small package sizes while the commercial gold plan protection customers can handle very large batches.
I think thats how it works anyway. They change the laws and rules so frequently that its become challenging for a responsible, regular marijuana smoker to keep all this shit straight anymore, so probably disregard anything I post on the topic

kylekaz363

I live near Eugene and work in the industry. It seems to me that a lot of larger scale Outdoor (Tier 2) are growing flower and then selling it to processors for super cheap, like $250 per lb, to turn into oil. Apparently some processors will even take product that has some signs of mold on it, so even though the price isn't great producers are using this as a last resort.

I have heard of friends growing rec indoor flower that sell legally to dispensaries and are getting $22 per lb. However, I think this depends on the time of year.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this industry in Oregon in the upcoming years.

Latest posts

Latest posts