What's new

Oregon: Cannabis Lounge owner convicted

Oregonism

No it does not use the word documented but if you are charging you better have receipts to back it up.

(7) A registry identification cardholder or the designated primary caregiver of the cardholder may reimburse the person responsible for a marijuana grow site for the costs of supplies and utilities associated with the production of marijuana for the registry identification cardholder. No other costs associated with the production of marijuana for the registry identification cardholder, including the cost of labor, may be reimbursed.

Totally agree.....I found the loopholes interesting I guess or maybe inconsistencies from a legal standpoint. I think if you are in this to make money you are either in the wrong business or cartel. That aside, say you are an organic grower, how would you document, say, soil, for instance. I couldn't document my soil per se, simply because I don't actually use currency to produce it, however, my soil tests would equate to the any of the high end soil NPK ratios, to the least, and that is just one semantic. This loophole, [I have always thought], is the lifesaver of a cooperative, but only the Southerner's have their act together. Nobody up north really has their act together, shame.

I hope I am not stirring the beehive, I have pondered on it for a while I guess.....

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
It is kind of sad, at least from my limited experience, those in the Portland area seem to be in it for the money even as they claim to be all about compassion. But that is just my opinion from the outside looking in, I have not spent the money to join in and don't plan to.

And the legal stand point is kind of a joke in a lot of respects because the document you get from the state basically tells you for many of the questions that it is yet to be decided by a case. It all seems so up in the air until they haul your ass in and then a decision is made so if you have some crappy lawyer you set a shit precedent that will effect everyone. Which circles me back to the lady this article is about and how could a person ride a grey area of the law and not be ready to throw down in court?

Killacash

... Interesting. So if someone were to have "receipts" totaling higher than a few grand, could they basically Exchange their produce to legal cardholders without worry of prosecution?

Im looking at it like this. Say I have $4000 in receipts associated with the grow, I operate as a private entity and exchange produce to cardholders for the donation to cover the costs of the grow. Police investigate me and arrest me in the middle of a Exchange and the donation amount is $400, can I beat the case if i provide $4000 in receipts?

Or is it so that someone can only do that with a cardholder that has desginated them as their sole caregiver?

Or maybe what I'm really asking is, is the Exchange of marijuana/ donation strictly prohibited to caregiver/patient arrangements or is it open to all cardholders irregardless of caregiver?

monkey5

Veteran
"What's up with all those gun charges at the dispensary?? " ~~ Might just be what that Guilty plea is all about! monkey5

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
This is the main reason I won't get a card. My name will not appear on any government list until I know that I won't have the government up my ass for smoking a plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts