What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ordered 10 reg, but got 5 fem???

Blackard

So I ordered 10 regular auto seeds from a seedbank, which I wont name bc they have been reliable before, but I received 5 fem seeds instead. Im not bitter or mad, shit happens. Problem is....I wanted the regular seeds for breeding, so I am not buying seeds every few months. Is there any way of breeding fem seeds? Forcing a hermie perhaps and trying to collect pollen?
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would say growem then smokem and skip the selfing. Next time just email them ahead of time and see if they have what you want in stock instead of messing with that.

S_a_H

Rose56

Did you email them and see if it was a mistake or if they only had the Fem seedfs? They may be willing to work with you.

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
def check out if they will work with you but i wouldnt try to make any seeds.. its never recommended to make any beans using a fem bean

Blackard

yea thanks guys, im probably just going to grow it out. Ive read people getting males from fem seeds. Is this a common occcurance or just a fluke?

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never grown a fem bean before but I hear of alot of hermies with these not necessarily males.. Many people report good success tho so I guess you will find out

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends on the method used to make the fem seeds.

S_a_H

punx777

Go with colloidal silver, just poke around a bit on here its seeminly the most reliable method and gives 100% female all the time using two female plants.

Where did you order them from? I am sure they may send you out some reg seeds if you bring this up, could have just been a mistake.

Freedom

same thing happened to me i ordered 10x bluestreak and got 5x few lowryder#2
nothing you can do but play that hand you got dealt