What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

Hi Evergreen,
Well the Congola strain I’m working on
Is the result of a gift of the Angolan * Meao Thai
Crossed with my back
Crossed inbred Back to the Congo
The cross I’ve tried both ways I.e a somewhat sativa leaning Bttc
Pheno crossed with the pure sativa Angolan Thai
For those looking for a sativa structured plant with more head in the high
Of course with that we’re going to expect a longer flowering time
I’ve done the cross the other way round too
Choosing my stinkiest Congo like chemotype male of the bttc
Against select females of the Angolan Thai
After all Angola neigjbours congo so
My prediction is for a synergistic combination

EvergreenState

Dick that sounds like a very interesting cross and one that I'm very excited to grow. I'd guess there aren't many people who have tried the Back to the Congo and have no idea how damn good that strain is.
I just smoked a small bowl of my currently drying Back to the Congo #3. It's not even completely dry and has no curing. Those following along will remember this plant was the one I said had a bunch of small seed pods and I wouldn't try to breed with this plant because of that. That was a dumb thing to say. I did have some nanners throughout the room. Not many from all my plants, maybe 6 nanners total and I'd pick them off as soon as I saw them on my daily inspection. My room also does not have ideal conditions, some pretty big temp. swings, not light tight, average growing skills etc., so I need to look at my situation that might have caused this and not the fault of any particular strain. I found only one nanner on my Back to the Congos.
I did hedge my bet though by saying that what really matters is the effect from the buds from any particular plant. The effect from the buds on this plant, even though it is not dry yet and has had no curing, leaves very little to be desired. It is very potent but not frighteningly so. It has a euphoric effect and it is a very nice head to toe pain killer. No added fatigue or total couch lock, initially. It comes on eventually but not like some strains that smack you down right away.
There is still motivation there to do some physical work during the first hour. On the other hand the relaxing, pain killing, euphoric effect also lends itself well to chilling. Enjoying a movie, writing, taking photos, playing music or any artistic pursuit is helped along with the Back to the Congo. It tops off nice too without big up and down swings.
I have 4 or 5 other strains available to me and I now reach for the Congo every time. The current Congo isn't even cured and I choose it over the other well cured, great strains. That is a long winded way of saying that I'm really excited about your new cross Dick.
Anything crossed to the Back to the Congo will make that other plant better but the Meo Thai may actually make the Back to the Congo better. The Back to the Congo, for me, leaves nothing to be desired. Saying that, I get excited thinking about how this cross with the Meo Thai would affect the Back to the Congo high. If it can give the Back to the Congo that extra jolt for more motivation and keep all of it's other qualities, you'd have a world beater.
I get that the flowering time would be longer and that would be quite a change from the pretty fast flowering Congo, 50-60 days for me. It takes patience and it's hard to have to wait 10-15 weeks for sativas but the extra effort pays off with that unique sativa experience.

Last edited:

EvergreenState

The humidity in the jar of the Back to the Congo Deep Chunk pheno has been 63% the last two mornings. I just checked it at 8pm PST and it was 64%. If it's 65% tomorrow morning I'm going to open the jar for a couple of hours.

EvergreenState

The humidity in the jar this morning is 64%. It appears to be pretty stable. If it does jump up a little, it's easy to fix by opening the jar for maybe an hour or so.
The OPC'S are chuggin' along at day 3 of week 11. Brown hairs on some buds on some plants but with the big sativas it's a waiting game. Almost all of the fan leaves have yellowed and I've been feeding them a low dose of Dyna Gro Bloom which only has a little nitrogen. A couple look like they could hang on for quite awhile.

gorilla ganja

The humidity in the jar this morning is 64%. It appears to be pretty stable. If it does jump up a little, it's easy to fix by opening the jar for maybe an hour or so.
The OPC'S are chuggin' along at day 3 of week 11. Brown hairs on some buds on some plants but with the big sativas it's a waiting game. Almost all of the fan leaves have yellowed and I've been feeding them a low dose of Dyna Gro Bloom which only has a little nitrogen. A couple look like they could hang on for quite awhile.

Can we get some pics of the OPC when you get a chance.
Congrats on harvesting the others, they look like they will be great smoke.

Peace GG

EvergreenState

OPC

OPC

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

Back to the Congo Deep Chunk Pheno - Very EARLY Smoke Report

Back to the Congo Deep Chunk Pheno - Very EARLY Smoke Report

It didn't take me long to succumb to the urge to take a taste of the, just started curing, Back to the Congo Deep Chunk pheno. So I took out this bud to test and I smoked a small piece.
Having DEEP in the name is a one word description of the experience. As the minutes go by the total body stone keeps digging deeper and deeper throughout your body. I feel like a stone sinking to the bottom of a stream. I'd like to try a strain that is better than this as a pain killer. This pheno is the best total body numbing pain killer I've experienced.
It's potent head to toe but it is so even in it's distribution of the effects that your head high feels equal to the body high but very manageable and easy on your head. It eases your mind and calms you down. Also, you ain't goin' nowhere.
You could but you're dead weight. Just let it all go and relax. Pull the foot rest handle on your recliner, push the back into full recline and take a few hours of relaxing vacation. 10 out of 10. Oh yeah did I say it has just started to cure? Many more good things to come.
I think my eyes are sinking into my brain.:biggrin:
picture.php

EvergreenState

Don't get me wrong when I talk about the total stone and the relaxing effect of the Deep Chunk pheno. It's doesn't make you tired and suck all of your energy. It's not sleepy. You can do some physical activity because of the pain killing effect. It doesn't suck all of your motivation either. It's the perfect mix of the the Deep Chunk, a heavy indica and the Congo. There is enough lift in the high to keep you motivated and enough pain killing to allow you to do what you are motivated to do. Tops off nice too.
Better wear shades because you look stoned as f**k.

Last edited:

EvergreenState

Pilsner Urquell one of the world's greatest beers. The best of it's style, Pilsner, in the world. That is hyperbole because I haven't tried all the Pilsners in the world but many who have, claim this is the best of it's style. That doesn't mean anything if you don't like the flavors from this style. I do and I love it. Don't take it from the frig., pour it in your glass and drink it right away. Pour it into a tall pilsner glass and wait 5 minutes for it to breath, yeah it makes a difference in the flavor and also warms it up a bit. Now taste it. I love it.
picture.php

I'm drinking it, eating locally made tortilla chips, I get em cheap at the local Safeway for about $2.50 and attending Saturday church in front of the tube watching college football.:biggrin:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I drink the Pilsner Urquell too but only find it in bottles. Trader Joe's has it but never in the supermarket, also not found in liquor stores around me.

I would rate the Paulaner and Wiehenstephaner pilsner to be as good or better than the Urquell.

EvergreenState

I love both of those breweries and many of their beers are some of my favorites. The Paulaner Salvatore is great and Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier is also a favorite. I'll make an effort to taste those beers. Thanks for the recommendations.

EvergreenState

I also prefer the Urquell in the can because you do't get any, light struck, skunk flavor you sometimes get in their bottles. Instead you get the sour grapefruit flavor, especially in the after taste, that I enjoy.
Why all breweries aren't using really dark glass bottles is beyond me.