What's new

Optimum light cycle for Sweet seeds auto's?

HereIgrowagain

As thread title requests.

I am interested in what the sweet seeds crew & experienced growers would recommend as the prime light cycle for their auto versions.?

There are many answers that differ vastly throughout the forum based on auto's in general, ie no specific strain.

I am busy planning a grow and would like to hit the floor running so to speak.

Cheers in advance

:tiphat:

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi HereIgrowagain!

Personally, I usually go with 18/6 or 20/4 from germination to harvest. I'm convinced that giving them 4 or 6 hours of darkness every day is a positive thing and there's no relevant interference with final yield.

Sometimes I start with 20/4 and then change to 18/6 when they're about to start flowering.

I only use 24/0 when I fear mold in late flowering. If I have big compact buds and the wheater is rainy/humid, I do 24/0 to use the dry environment characteristic of HPS lighting to reduce humidity and keep it at the same level all day long. That's one more advantage of growing autos that people usually don't take in consideration.

Hope this helps. All the best and sweet smokes :peppermintstick:

tommy

HereIgrowagain

Cheers Tommy, straight from the horses mouth. I am planning on an old Skool attack nutes wise with the modern approach thrown in purely as an experiment. The lighting sequence makes sense especially with any threat of Mold, I hope to have that covered with the ozone but we shall see. Hopefully it will be all systems grow. :plant grow:

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers mate!

Good luck with them. Where do you live? (no need to tell me the precise country, just approximate, like south europe, north europe, america...)

All the best. Sweet regards,

tommy

HereIgrowagain

Cheers mate!

Good luck with them. Where do you live? (no need to tell me the precise country, just approximate, like south europe, north europe, america...)

All the best. Sweet regards,

tommy

UK North, Just below Scotland and just above Yorkshire. Some very cold weather to contend with.

amanda88

I prefer to stick with the conventional 18 on 6 off, tho I've tried others, the plants and me get happy at 18/6,
as it allows me to concentrate on other aspects of the grow, like ventilation, heat, nutes, etc etc really the list is endless