What's new

Opinions on veganics?

Dkgrower

Veteran
It is up to u like always,

i think u can do just fine on some vegan diet and so can plants...

Also that "green" remark is just his way of saying that i works and that u can use it thu the plant life.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a bit silly, in my honest opinion.

The truth is...anyone considering such should begin studying posts made by JayKush, about "fermented plant extracts" ie FPE - as that is what "veganics" really is.

So basically, it is a trendy / clever word play for something that has been around for a long time - for the purpose of advertising and a new label on the shelf. Growing plants using plants is all it is...

Which becomes a bit of a punch line around here - as some of the most beneficial soil additions, such as EWC, are not "allowed"... when the reality is, even veganic nutrients must be consumed by the benefical bacteria, excreted, thus making it available to the plant....ie bacterial waste - so how does that conform to the construct of "veganics"....

To answer in short, sure it works....because FPE(s) have always worked.

Read here for starters:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=94673

dank.Frank

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well said Frank.

A wee point; one step missed in the microbial nutrient cycle I believe you were describing > nutrients/matter consumed by bacteria > bacteria consumed by protozoa & nematodes (& sometimes rotifers) > ionic form nutrients excreted > thus making it (nutrients) available to the plants.

Some of these plant extracts also have a component of soluble nutrients (ionic) which are immediately available.

F

Fluffy Clouds

i love meat!! :D just kidding... i noticed too that manure is bit more heavy for cannabis...

coastal

According to kushman outdoor bud is "always better than indoor"

Don't listen to what kyle kushman says...

bignugs

I was thinking ewc that were derived from feeding worms leaf and vegetable matter (no animal matter) might be ok in vegan soil mix and act's.....??

Well said Frank.

Some of these plant extracts also have a component of soluble nutrients (ionic) which are immediately available.

Would kudzu or dandelion extracts be on that list? I'm going to fertilize some epiphytes and the synthetic products laying around the house utilize urea for their N.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use the general organics line as well as the pura vida and i have nothing but praise for veganics,super easy to use,consistent healthy productive plants,no fussing with pH...i have yet to find a negative aside from price....

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was thinking ewc that were derived from feeding worms leaf and vegetable matter (no animal matter) might be ok in vegan soil mix and act's.....??

...regardless what is fed...it is still "exploitation" of an animal....which is the battle cry of a vegan. That using an animal or its byproduct in any way is encouraging such exploitation...

Has technically nothing to do with what is fed to said animal....

From an agricultural stand point, the base principles of "vegan" and "organic" are not even possible to intermingle...

I suppose the only TRUE "vegan" method of production would only use fully ionized nutrients derived from chemical bases made by humans in labratories. And well, I'd rather puff or eat feces grown ANY DAY! I've always grown organic to get away from that very exact type of growing!!

A plant grown in soil, would technically be the result of exploiting soil organisms...so the resulting plants grown to make FPE...or for that matter the very plant only diet of a vegan is subject to direct ridicule...

But I think the hypocrisy of vegans only extends to cute furry things with wet noses...

But vegan organics...veganics....is a misonomer. And the more knowledge you gain about the soil food web, the more you understand just exactly how SILLY the concept [veganics] is at the core...

The point being "veganic" does not...nor can it, truly exist. It is a created marketing construct. Fermented plant extracts, well now you are talking reality and being accurate to what is truly in those bottles....

dank.Frank

floralheart

Veteran
It's just better, imo. Flavo wise.

I keep it simple and use BioBizz BioBloom.

I've seen everything from that, to EC metered runoff from bubbling 32 gallon trash cans of about a dozen products.

The bubbling stew was stronger. But the heavy-fed BioBloom changed my life, and had hands down the best flavor profile / more complex terpine profile.

We did a grow by grow using my former method of light feeding, vs. the heavy fed Bio and though it was hard to admit, the heavy fed Bio blew away my grow in the complexity and quality of flavors.

floralheart

Veteran
I'm basically feeding with sea kelp and molasses for bloom. I use the alaskan fish for veg.

I don't care if it's not purist, I'm not that high strung.

In dirt. Well nowadays Pro Mix BX and coarse perlite which isn't dirt. Tastes better/the best.

floralheart

Veteran
But I think the hypocrisy of vegans only extends to cute furry things with wet noses...

dank.Frank

I think they mostly mean kelps, seaweeds and molasses. Broken down plants, liquid plants, etc.

The flavors are sweeter and more pronounced, imo. Whereas some of the shit based ingredients can increase potency, imo. But don't taste as good.

The whole molasses deal changed my life.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
call them what you will,i still say they work great and produce an awesome finished product...

thats the beauty of growing,we all get to be right,if it works for you,its good!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use the general organics line as well as the pura vida and i have nothing but praise for veganics,super easy to use,consistent healthy productive plants,no fussing with pH...i have yet to find a negative aside from price....

Start using your own plant material, grown or wild harvested and that negative will disappear.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's just better, imo. Flavo wise.

I keep it simple and use BioBizz BioBloom.

I've seen everything from that, to EC metered runoff from bubbling 32 gallon trash cans of about a dozen products.

The bubbling stew was stronger. But the heavy-fed BioBloom changed my life, and had hands down the best flavor profile / more complex terpine profile.

We did a grow by grow using my former method of light feeding, vs. the heavy fed Bio and though it was hard to admit, the heavy fed Bio blew away my grow in the complexity and quality of flavors.

What is a grow by grow? If one posts supposed results of a supposed side by side it is logically obligatory to post the 'Methods & materials' used otherwise it is conjecture.

Is BioBizz & BioBloom even listed anywhere as organic?