What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

- Opiated Thai Sticks: Myth or Truth? -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
A interesting read
Opiated Weed: Is There any Truth in it?
https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-ab...here-any-truth-in-it?postcount=50#post7253534

Cannabis was grown side by side with opium in the Golden Triangle.

thats utter rubbish hempy ,
thai stick was not grown in the golden triangle ,
ive already said this over and over as has everyone else but you seem to have selective hearing ,

its just a load of rubbish that you are trying to prove something about but there is nothing you have that can prove it ,
because its not real ..

you lack knowledge of the place that is vital to you being able to argue a case ,
if you had this knowledge , you would see how futile it is ,
the hill tribe people were not the ones growing thai stick ,
they grew opium , you already supplied a link to their habits but plainly failed to read it ,
come on man , stop the charade , you have no idea other than what some dude in oz told you ,
which was bullshit , and you have been shown this .. let it die and admit defeat ...

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
So skipping through the pages, is it right that weed and opium, along with tobacco, were once mixed. Leading the way to a story where the lines between weed and opium were blurred by someone just hearing what they wanted to? In essence, saying weed has opium mixed with it. While actually, it was the other way round. Which seems like the same thing, but was never meant to be hiding opium in weed, it was just a satisfying blend for opium users

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
ive already said this over and over as has everyone else but you seem to have selective hearing ,

its just a load of rubbish that you are trying to prove something about but there is nothing you have that can prove it ,
because its not real ..

you lack knowledge of the place that is vital to you being able to argue a case ,
if you had this knowledge , you would see how futile it is ,
the hill tribe people were not the ones growing thai stick ,
they grew opium , you already supplied a link to their habits but plainly failed to read it ,
come on man , stop the charade , you have no idea other than what some dude in oz told you ,
which was bullshit , and you have been shown this .. let it die and admit defeat ...

Donald Thai cannabis was grown in the Golden triangle lots of it along side opium you clearly did not read the links i posted.

My knowledge comes from my experiences and from close friends that went to Thailand one monthly threw the 80s for work.

You posted said you scored and smoked opiumated hash then years later change that to it now was not opiumated hash your the one changing your mind on what you saw and smoked.

You also said you never saw the Thai sticks and the only Thia you saw was the loos compressed Thai.

I saw and smoked plenty of Thai sticks.

This is from the UN Drug agency i guess there also wrong as is Dj Shorts and the many other members of this forum that say they did see them and smoke them.

Originally posted by @hempy View Post

This is from United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime

In some parts of North America, for instance, the following combinations are found: 'Candy sticks: cannabis herb cigarettes laced with cocaine;'Buddha': cannabis herb spiked with opium; 'Ace' or ' Zoom' : cannabis herb mixed with PCP, etc.; use of cannabis in food items (e.g. in NorthAfrica'); 'Marijuana brownies' (e.g. in North America); as well as frequent use of both cannabis and alcohol (often reported from Europe and Aus-tralia).

https://www.unodc.org/pdf/research/wdr07/WDR_2007_1.4_cannabis.pdf

"There were also certain shipments of Thai herb in the '70s and early '80s that recieved the "passa-water" wash. Passa-water was a byproduct of the heroin trade. It was the leftover water used to "cook" the morphine/heroin from raw opium. It contained all of the constituents of opium except most of the morphine or heroin. The curing Thai herb was soaked in the passa-water and re-dried to absorb the opiate alkaloids. The result was a high some people sought, but was much more than most bargained for. A good passa-wash was an enjoyable thing but not all of it was well made. Sometimes the buds were a bit over-laced. This caused problems for some people, especially drinkers, who would start spinning into unconsciousness after a few hits on a joint." DJ Short

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
That sounds fucking ace. Want it lol

I see now why it wouldn't be wasteful, but instead recycling. I thought the story unlikely but hearing it from that angle it makes sense.

...CR500AF...

thankfully not here , he doesnt seem to play nice with others and gets too bitchy ,
specially for a man ,
last time he was here trolling tom hill , he was threatened to be banned for good ,
he hasnt been seen since thankfully ,, he is on an extended holiday from here ,
we can do without smart ass crap from guys like him ...

Donald Mallard thank you for the reply, i just had not seen any posts from him for a while so i thought i would ask.
Again ty....🙂

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A interesting read
Opiated Weed: Is There any Truth in it?
https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-abo...50#post7253534

Cannabis was grown side by side with opium in the Golden Triangle.

There was no Opium in Thai sticks coming from Thai. Anything that was added was done in the USA. Me being a kid I had no clue what was in it. Back then all kinds of crap was put in weed it could have been Angel dust in the weed. After reading about this and talking to others I was wrong. It didn't take long to realize the Dipped opium sticks were BS. I'm sure there are hundreds of posts from me I was wrong. The best part is I can admit it.

Read this book. It will tell you the whole story
Thai Stick
Surfers, Scammers, and the Untold Story of the Marijuana Trade

As the U.S. military and Nixon’s administration reacted harshly to the problem, the soldiers began smoking heroin instead. Contrary to cannabis, which was seen rather as harmless domestic medicine, heroin also represented a big problem to Thai law enforcement. The focus on heroin prosecution importantly opened up new opportunities for Thai pot growers, brokers, and traders as well as international smugglers and their partners/dealers in American cities. The massive marijuana trade developed independently from the trade in other drugs. First, heroin and cocaine were taboo drugs to surfers, and hierarchically organized gangs controlled the trade. Second, law enforcement and the “war on drugs” declared by Richard Nixon in 1969 focused much more on heroin and cocaine, while cannabis was of less importance for the agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration.
A ton that cost $50,000 in Thailand was resold for $3 million in the U. S.

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran

Some of it was at least towards the 80's if those Ghiang Mai pictures are genuine. If opium was also grown on the Thai side, I don't know.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Also dont want to be a smart ass but extracted more drugs and plants than I can remember, including poppy, pure, crude, cooked..not recommended, I used it for medicine, others did not fare so well and developed habits, anyway, believe me the actives are water soluble in their native state..the entire process around refining opium revolves around it, if for smoking or for processing into its far more harmful derivatives. Looked it up now for my curiosity, you are confusing the freebase and hydrate forms of morphine which are not readily water soluble with the form in the plant..it is not the carbonate but the meconate salt in the plant and is readily water soluble..

https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/bulletin/bulletin_1950-01-01_3_page004.html

The traditional method for extracting morphine..and its related compounds, relies on morphine in its natural state being water soluble..not saying that the thai sticks were laced LOL I was not there, before I was born, but if someone wanted to, it is entirely possible..

If you had to make opiated buds how would you go about doing it? Do you think the soaking method could produce something with an effect?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Some of it was at least towards the 80's if those Ghiang Mai pictures are genuine. If opium was also grown on the Thai side, I don't know.

Last pictures I showed here in this topic are from the book Thai Stick, so that plantation was in Chiang Mai region.

Stocktont

Veteran
You have what lived in Thailand a few years at best from what 2017 on holiday and your the expert now right Stocktont.

I have never seen you post a plant picture let alone a grow thread and going by your attitude you be to young to have even been around in the 70s and early 80s to even know first hand what a real imported Thai stick was.

Dj Short is some one i would call credible as are many others who have posted in the link i posted to the other thread.

Dj was correct the opiumated Thai Sticks caught many off Gard first time we smoked them was far from a pleasant experience thinking back on it now it could of ended up real bad for many. I scored them 3 times would i again if given a chance hell no.

Classic Hempy, it’s about me now right? You don’t know anything about me so please refrain from talking about me and my life. What has that to do with opium and cannabis? You’re just sinking lower into that quicksand little man. Why don’t you talk to the few people that agree with you and call it a day? So post your ”information” on the topic and stop trying to make up shit about me. What do you know about my stay in Thailand, how long and how many times I have been there? Nothing, like you know nothing on Thai weed, haze or most of the other things you obviously have your keyboard fantasies about. Even if I never sat foot in Thailand your arguments still suck.

You keep idolizing people and if someone is known/famous and you like them then all the things they say must be true. I think this is pretty obvious to most people. But this isn’t about you, nor is it about me, it’s about opium on thai sticks. So why do you feel the need to argue that I have little experience with Thailand. That I never grew a plant. That I am too young to have lived in the 70s etc. etc.

Tell me where DJ went to source his genetics. Which parts of Thailand did he visit? Are you going to tell us you spoke with him ”daily” too now and you know things no one else knows? He is still alive and can refute your claims so I guess you will wait with that.

Keep me on ignore, it’s better for you, if not tell me about the mother of Nevil’s Haze, was it on the front page of the 1990 catalogue or not? hahaha maybe you can google translate it and send it back to me in Thai L O fuckung L! Want me to go on? There’s a lot of your psychotic postings around from all those years you spent behind your keyboard ”researching” LOL….

Stocktont

Veteran
If you had to make opiated buds how would you go about doing it? Do you think the soaking method could produce something with an effect?

This has been my point all along, how would you do it with a strong opium effect that really is the question. I have smoked opium and hash together as well as opium and buds but I mixed it myself and it wasn’t at all a good thing to do if you want to get some effect out of the opium. The water wash or whatever other water from a ”bi-product” doesn’t add up. The only way would be for someone to make heroin from the opium, mix it in water and then apply it or somehow mix the opium in water (like boiling it for tea) and then pour that over the weed but I can’t see that being a good idea either. But I would really like to know how they did it if it in fact happened…

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran

Yeah i'm pretty sure, it would all depend on how concentrated the opium water was, how cooked down it was..I'm neither here nor there of whether it was done, I just think it is possible to do..Would I recommend it, hell no..LOL opiates are NOT for fun but for when your leg is cut off or when you have a tooth abscess, and then only used for short durations.. Making opium tea with no tolerance, a matchhead of cooked/refined opium from a strong poppy dissolved can put you into a stupor, or a teaspoon of strong straw chopped up, to get that amount of active soaked into a bud would not be difficult I would guess..But having never gone, I don't know..I'm just speculating based on my first hand experience with various alkaloids..

But people being people. I would not put anything past them, to take it to the extreme, I don't doubt that people have soaked bud in heroin water either just for kicks or better sales LOL..thank god BHO came around! I did say in some post in this thread I am sure that way back when, when a shit load of afghan gold seal got bust in our country yonks back, tons and tons of, all destined for europe probably, it was sold back to the street here by the cops for the next few years..It took nearly a decade before I stopped seeing that gold seal around LOL, but I helped rasta freinds of mine who were coming up positive for opiates on pisstests at work and boss was miffed, I bought some piss tests and took some of the gold seal I had, and some of theirs and dissolved some in ethanol and than made a dilution into some water of some of that ethanol, and they both tested positive for opiates on a standard 5 window strip piss test dipped in the solution. The tests can get false positives for related compounds like MDMA showing up on meth test, but otherwise they are pretty accurate. I have no clue as to how to mix hash and opium LOL, in my mind easier to mix bud and opium water..Anyway that was in late 2000's, but it was not thai sticks, it was Afghan goldseal hash.. But just showing that people being people, I would not put it past them..But..we will never know unless someone finds some evidence or owns up to being the shmuch that did it! Until then just an urban legend I guess.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
And also with all the hempy bashing no wonder he shows signs of mental stress! LOL A keyboard fight is also a 2 ways street like in real life, just the egos are all bigger!

Stocktont

Veteran
And also with all the hempy bashing no wonder he shows signs of mental stress! LOL A keyboard fight is also a 2 ways street like in real life, just the egos are all bigger!

nah I think you’re off on that point just read his answer to me. How did this opium and cannabis talk get turned into how old I am, where I am from and what I have done? Do you think it shows signs of good faith to start to lie about me? Not that I care but really. The guy don’t know me at all, he doesn’t know anything about my life but he can start to post things about me that are not true? It’s not bashing to have a discussion but some are obviously not cut out to have an intelligent discussion. That’s fine but respect is not something people can demand, it’s earned and I think he is getting what he’s been sowing but that is my opinion, you’re totally entitled to yours.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

yes i took that into account and its not clear if that was cannabis intent to be exported , or just for inhouse use ,
the thais did smoke , so it might be the latter ,
no telling really , but unlikely to be the same market as the stuff grown in the far north east imho ,
doubtful it was anything to do with the hill tribe people growing the opium though ,
and even more doubtful it was going to be rolled into thai sticks and dipped in opium ,
we would be grasping at straws to come to that conclusion i would think ...

Stocktont

Veteran
You have what lived in Thailand a few years at best from what 2017 on holiday and your the expert now right Stocktont.

I have never seen you post a plant picture let alone a grow thread and going by your attitude you be to young to have even been around in the 70s and early 80s to even know first hand what a real imported Thai stick was.

Dj Short is some one i would call credible as are many others who have posted in the link i posted to the other thread.

Dj was correct the opiumated Thai Sticks caught many off Gard first time we smoked them was far from a pleasant experience thinking back on it now it could of ended up real bad for many. I scored them 3 times would i again if given a chance hell no.

Not that it matter but if this now makes me right and you wrong I can find it in my heart to post two pictures. Seed was made in Thailand, plant was grown in Thailand and thought it has some yellowing leafs (this particular one was grown in a pot not in the ground) it has leafs. So now tell me what did this accomplish? Did it really add to weather or not opium was put on thai sticks?

Thai??.jpeg

thai?.jpeg

Attachments

• thai?.jpeg
    thai?.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 29

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Donald Thai cannabis was grown in the Golden triangle lots of it along side opium you clearly did not read the links i posted.

My knowledge comes from my experiences and from close friends that went to Thailand one monthly threw the 80s for work.

You posted said you scored and smoked opiumated hash then years later change that to it now was not opiumated hash your the one changing your mind on what you saw and smoked.

You also said you never saw the Thai sticks and the only Thia you saw was the loos compressed Thai.

I saw and smoked plenty of Thai sticks.

This is from the UN Drug agency i guess there also wrong as is Dj Shorts and the many other members of this forum that say they did see them and smoke them.

i never said i didnt see thai sticks ,
i most certainly did , it was the very first pot i smoked ,
they were plentiful when i started smoking,
not sure what your memory is about my experiences , but im sure mine is better ...

eventually after the thai sicks dried up we got loose thai that seems different to what you guys got ,
it was golden , not tied to a stick ,
fantastic pot , better than the stuff on the stick , and im 100% sure there was no opium on it either ,
it would kinda stand out if it had some sticky tar like stuff on it , specially if that stuff was not golden like the buds ...
Not one single person i know from those times believe there was any opium on their thai sticks , i asked them ,
they all laughed and said it was an urban myth and that it was simple very good quality pot that might have some folks thinking there was more to it than just pot ,
particularly if they had tried to product it by growing some of the seed ,
out of the natural setting and without the same climate and treatment , they never stood a chance ...

and no they were not growing weed that was then made into thai sticks and exported in the area you are claiming they did ,
id welcome any information that proves that wrong , but to date i havent seen anything remotely indicating it is wrong ..

did these friends of yours visit crops around the north of thailand??
i dont think so ...

re the hash , it was the first hash i had smoked , and i was told it had opium in it ,
but as ive said over and over , later research led me to believe what i had been told was incorrect ,
i understand you cant do that , but some of us can reassess prior experiences and change our minds based on new evidence ,
thats also how science works , they base stuff on theories ,
when they find out more evidence to prove their theory right or wrong , they change the original idea/theory based on the new evidence ,,
there is nothing wrong with doing that , and being able to admit you are wrong ,

id be happy to do that here even if you could produce some evidence to prove your theory ,
but there is nothing i have read so far that sways me to even consider that you are right ,
but as i said im happy to check out more information if you can find any ,
ill wait ....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

im not sure it can be seen as bashing,
he claims to be 100% sure of something ,
but cant produce any evidence ,

while all the time refuting the evidence others give ,
and downright disregarding any information they post ,
its like he doesnt even read it and simply overlooks it in favor of what someone else told him
without any evidence to ensure him what he was told was correct,

at least his posts are read, the links he posts are read ,
and people answer his questions and take note of his posts ,

you speculate about how they could have done the deed with the opium,
but thats just speculation also ,, there is no evidence it was in fact done ,
and it overlooks the fact the thai sticks were not grown anywhere near the opium fields ,

we have seen video clips , first hand accounts by folks that went there during that time ,
they all say the thai stick farmers were in the north east of thailand ,
close to the border of Laos ,
i know the provinces well having been there a number of times ,
Udonthani , Nong khai , Sakon nakon , etc
the climate is perfect for cannabis as they are far from the coast so there is no drizzle ,
and no rain after the monsoon finishes ,
the areas close to the mountains in the north , given there is jungle growing there ,
is likely less predictable and not as suited for large cannabis crops ,
i know this due to where i live in a tropical area at the same latitude as Udonthani ...

I have as have others , there is every chance that mixing cannabis and opium has been done ,
however its a different thing altogether to say it was not only done , but done on a scale to export,
more likely they grew cannabis and exported that ,
and opium and turned it to heroin to be exported ,
there is plenty of evidence of that ,
but none of thai sticks beind dipped in opium or any byproduct and being exported ,
in fact there are plenty of folks from those times saying it was an urban myth ...

folks can believe what they want , but i like to base what i believe on evidence and personal experience ,
as well as first hand accounts ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts