What's new

Operation Particleboard: A ThirdCoast Production

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Welcome to Operation Particleboard. Located deep in the ThirdCoast it's more of an urban legend than fact. Come take a rare glimpse inside, no flash photography please! Ha ha.........

Seriously, I just needed a space to chronical and share my efforts.

Just completed an expansion project to add another light and a/c. The room is sealed with co2 controlled by a cap fuzzy logic, 2600w of hps air cooled hoods, couple of a/c 's controlled with a cap Day and night temp controller, and a 50 pint dehuey.

Lately I have been running an organic soil mix (LC'S MIX w/ bone and blood and kelp meals), but have recently switched up to coco and flora series nutrients from GH. I'm finding it way more predictable and just as easy, if not easier, as organics.

For strains there is Female Seeds ICE, been running her for a while and have a new group set to go under a 1k.
picture.php

Those girls are in 2 gals pots of coco and get a 6/9 ratio of the GH Flora. They just went into 12/12, So far so good.

Then there is some Green House Seeds Trainwreck. It's not the wreck I smoked in Arcata, but around here nobodys complaining.
picture.php
picture.php

Thats some TW at 16 days flower on the right and about 40 days on the left.

There are also some GreenHouse Seeds White rhino stuck in the back of that shot. Ran her a couple times, 80 some days of flower and nothing to write home about, she has seen her last trip through the garden.

Lastly, theres the new stuff. Picked up some BOG Lifesaver.
picture.php

Already have a few breaking the surface along with a single Serious Seeds White Russian that was hiding in the back of a drawer.

I will keep you posted as things progress...........:watchplant:

caljim

Veteran
Well things are moving along ok, my germ rates on the Lifesaver have been kinda crummy, threw down all ten now. 2 are up and running, 2 stunted and died with their shells on, 6 unaccounted for---keeping my fingers crossed.

I always throw down freebies at the same time as my ordered seeds, and all of the original haze x skunk #1 are up and running. Produce, watcha gonna do?

Tried to adjust my cam to get rid of some of that HPS orange.

But pics are not loading this morning.

So far I'm happy with the new space, climate control is working well. I'm using one CAP DNE to trip a 30 amp contactor that drives 2 5500 btu a/c units, if one fails the other will pick up the slack.
Also, the 4x4 tray is making my life easy. Now I need to make 2 custom trays for the other side and add a couple dripper manifolds and watering will be a snap.

Clones for the next round are topped and getting well rooted in the 5x5 pots. They are still getting half strength food and seem to love it.
Wish I had gone coco years ago, 2 cheap bottles of nutes, tap water, a little ph'ing and these gals are loving it.

I'll try and get some pics up again later.

caljim

Veteran
Pics are fixed (and now with less hps glare)

ICE under 1k in coco
picture.php

Trainwreck under 600 in coco.

picture.php

Couple of Trainwreck tops at 40 somethingdays.
picture.php

More trainwreck clones, getting a couple more weeks veg and in they go.

picture.php
picture.php

Lifesavers, it's easy once they shed their shell. keep your fingers crossed that the other six are just taking their time.

picture.php

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TAGGED

TAGGED

Looks good Jim

I ran the GHS TW a while back. Not the real wreck, but it wassome good smoke.

I had similar germ issues with a pack of LSD from Bog's recent drop. 3/10 broke the surface.

Good luck with the rest of your pack

caljim

Veteran
Plenty of room in here Marlo, don't be a stranger. Things will start picking up here quickly.

AND

Thanks for the luck, looks like I need it.

Out of the 10 lifesavers: 4 are up and running (still small), 1 is struggling to stand and get rid of its shell, 1 stunted and died with shell on, 4 no shows.

Heres hoping for the best with what I've got!

All of the Freebie Original haze x skunk #1 that were planted have popped and are asking for food. Unfortunately there is not much room in the garden for 120 day starins so these are most likely going up for adoption in a loving home.

I should really start my Christmas shopping today...lol

caljim

Veteran
Trimmn1, Core----still plenty of seats up front.

I know my photography skills still need some work, but here are some photo updates.

The table of Female Seeds ICE has taken off. Up unitll a few days ago those girls had been tied down and all of the tops had been getting bent over daily to help slow the stretch. Got caught up in family and friends and they broke free of their bonds and have been reaching for the sky. Here they are at 17 days of flower.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Then theirs a group of GreenHouse Seeds Trainwreck at 30 days of flower in the front, and almost 60 in the back. These are the first plants I have flowered in coco and they have yet to show a hint of unhappiness, and that makes me very happy!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last but hardly least are my BOG babies. These are the 5 that decided to sprout out of my 10 pack. All but one needed assistance shaking off their shell. Hopefully my love and attention will be rewarded with ladies, and a keeper to boot:ying:

picture.php

Even after expansion I still dont have room to put two 4 x4 tables side by side, so I picked up some 45mil pond liner and am building drain tables for the other 1k and 600. I'm counting on the addition of drippers to cut my watering time down. I'm currently using a wand, it works ok but I want to hook up to a quick disconnect for each table. Then roll the res over and turn on the pump. No more battling branches and moving plants for me.

Peace, caljim

caljim

Veteran
Lifesaver update:

Here are the 5 that made it, at about two weeks.

picture.php

The one in the middle is showing some mutant tendencies, well see how it does in the days to come.

picture.php

As for the rest, harvest on the trainwrecks and white rhino is coming quick and the new drain table, and cuttings to fill it are ready too.

caljim

Veteran
When it rains it poors.
:rant:
1) Snow storm.

2) One of my a/cs' quit working and needs to be replaced today.

3) I just installed the drain table, drip system, new plants, and cleaned the room. Now it all has to move to replace the burnt out a/c.

4) The dehumidifier is leaking from somewhere inside, get to take that apart and repair.

5) My shoulders killing me already and I have not even started to shovel yet. or change out the a/c, or futz with the dehuey.
:rant:

At least I found a unit in stock. Recently it seems like the work of a farmer is never done.

caljim

Veteran
Finally a little time to relax...snow shoveled, a/c swapped, dehuey fixed.

Looks like the a/c failed due to a bad capacitor, which can be replaced. Too bad I already gutted it for the thermostat and gfci protected power cord. The thermostats rated for 20 amps but I just want to run an intake and exhaust fan in my veg box.

picture.php

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Nice op. Does particleboard refer to the material used to make these rooms? More economical than buying a tent, i imagine...
Any updates? How's the Lifesaver doing?

caljim

Veteran
Hey Bababooey, you found your way over. Glad to see ya!

I've been slack on the updates, time has been in short supply recently.

Particle board has been my building material of choice, cheap and easy to work with. and I already have two toxic hydro huts, which actually work very nicely for drying in.

As for updates I built a custom drain table, to fill an odd shaped area, out of pond liner, 2 x 6 , and you guessed it---particle board. It will hold 12, 11 liter pots. It drains nicely but the botanicare ones are sooo much nicer if just for the drain channels.

I put a simple drip irrigation rig in the table, 1/2" feed line with 1/4" tubing going to nine pots, but it wasnt' soaking the pots fast enough to get new air pulled into the medium like when I water with the pump and a garden wand. Scrapped it and went back to what worked better.

As far as the Lifesavers go I'm still waiting for them to sex. I've got cuts of all five rooting but my veg area has been jammed since the flower room expanssion and the seed plants have been topped and cut back a number of times, which i think is slowly them down as far as showing sex:dunno:.

In any case I took a few cuts and threw them into flower, they should let me know who is what pretty quick.

I'll bring pics next time.

hazy

Veteran
Great looking grow. The TW looks like good weed and don't you just love those fat little indica leaves on the lifesaver.