What's new

Opening day of Deer season southern zone NY

bigdaddyc9

All-headed out at 430am to see if I can fill my freezer for the winter with yummy nutritious venison.I set up my blind this week and made a few mock scrapes.I need to do everything I can to get an advantage as being sick I do not know how long I can sit in the woods w/o getting sick enough to be in bed for a week.
I have a Thompson Encore .308 that I am using Federal 180 grain soft points.I have 5 Tinks 69 scent bombs made and 4 mock scrapes around my blind.I am packing in a huge breakfast as in 2 chicken salad sammies,string cheese,homemade chocochip cookies a thermos of coffee and 2 bottles water.
I have some Jamacian Lambsbread and some AK-47 that were donated to me for my birthday(next tuesday) and the holiday and hunting.I hunt w/my Dad and my cousins and my best bud.Weather is supposed to be nice so I wont freeze.I have seen 2 bucks in last 2 days in that area so I am confident.

I know we love venison here at Casa BigD so pray for a quick kill and out of the woods early before I get sick and miss out taking my son on sunday or sonday as it is........Peace and One Love BigD:muahaha:

bigdaddyc9

Got lucy as all hell and killed 3 today.No BS.I havent even had a shot in 3 years.1 nice forkhorn and 2 nice eating size does.My family loves venison so we'll be eating it for a spell.Peace BigD

B

B. Self Reliant

Good job buddy! I got a decent midwestern buck myself this year. Hunted the firearms season for the first time in years. I had a blast and I now have a freezer full of lean & healthy venison.

Because of my grow I don't keep my hunting rifle at home, which is a pain in the ass, but it's still fun, despite the extra stop each morning to pick up my gun from my buddy's safe.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
way to go! my bro & i doubled on fat does last weekend during either sex hunt. done made most of it into venison jerky. (not counting the tenderloin/backstraps, i aint a COMPLETE fool) had zero luck during archery season, dang it! AOH

jonnybgod

Erie co.

Erie co.

I am originally from Erie co. NY, only shotguns allowed there or black powder rifle. Kinda sucks, but there's alotta big whitetail in them woods.

Latest posts

Latest posts