What's new

Open population of Acid Dawg and some first time pollen chucking questions

Sparky413

Hi all, I'm a first time poster. I've been growing feminized for a couple years and finally got some good genetics. I got a pack of Acid Dawg by Karma I plan on open populating and later hunting through the f2's for some real sour leaning phenos. The best weed I ever smoked was probably some sour diesel from early 2000's and would love to find something similar.

My plan is to germinate all the seeds in solo cups and transplant into 2 gallon fabric pots. I'm going to top them and keep the tops as clones. Once taken, I would switch to 12/12, and kill the clones that end up being male. Extensively smoke the females over multiple grows and keep my favorite.

I have 2 plants that I would like to include in the open population:

1. A zkittlez that is my current favorite. Real potent, not too sleepy indica, that is amazing for focus. Great weed for billiards and watching television you need to pay attention to. No idea if it is actually zkittlez and who the breeder is, I purchased the seed in a grow shop, and was listed as being from seedsman. Maybe at some point I would like to get some males from the seeds to backcross it to the zkittlez.

2. A cream and cheese 1:1 CBD by seedsman. I would like to give some of these seeds to a cancer patient I know, he grows outdoors and can't take or keep cuts. I'm currently growing this plant to give him a cut along with some thc strains that he's interested in. I would also like to hunt through these seeds too at some point.

What would you expect to see out of #2 as far as cbd : thc variety? Am I making a mistake by not selecting males for #1 and #2?

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated, thank you.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Might I suggest flowering out the males and collecting/preserving the pollen? Always handy to have a nut busting male at the perfect time, courtesy of the freezer. ;) Who knows what the future holds, yeah?

goingrey

Not sure but guessing the progeny of a 1:1 THC:CBD plant and a "THC only" plant would have a variety of THC:CBD ratios, with then majority being THC-dominant.

Sparky413

Not sure but guessing the progeny of a 1:1 THC:CBD plant and a "THC only" plant would have a variety of THC:CBD ratios, with then majority being THC-dominant.

That would be excellent. I would love to find a low cbd plant with an enjoyable high.

Bio boy

Hi all, I'm a first time poster. I've been growing feminized for a couple years and finally got some good genetics. I got a pack of Acid Dawg by Karma I plan on open populating and later hunting through the f2's for some real sour leaning phenos. The best weed I ever smoked was probably some sour diesel from early 2000's and would love to find something similar.

My plan is to germinate all the seeds in solo cups and transplant into 2 gallon fabric pots. I'm going to top them and keep the tops as clones. Once taken, I would switch to 12/12, and kill the clones that end up being male. Extensively smoke the females over multiple grows and keep my favorite.

I have 2 plants that I would like to include in the open population:

1. A zkittlez that is my current favorite. Real potent, not too sleepy indica, that is amazing for focus. Great weed for billiards and watching television you need to pay attention to. No idea if it is actually zkittlez and who the breeder is, I purchased the seed in a grow shop, and was listed as being from seedsman. Maybe at some point I would like to get some males from the seeds to backcross it to the zkittlez.

2. A cream and cheese 1:1 CBD by seedsman. I would like to give some of these seeds to a cancer patient I know, he grows outdoors and can't take or keep cuts. I'm currently growing this plant to give him a cut along with some thc strains that he's interested in. I would also like to hunt through these seeds too at some point.

What would you expect to see out of #2 as far as cbd : thc variety? Am I making a mistake by not selecting males for #1 and #2?

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated, thank you.
Haha no way man I orders this for the same
and I got a banana skittles from terphogz to cross her

my other option was a odv cheese cut the dank lady sati a cut when I find seeds I like lol

dang as if ya doing the same I’m following lol

zkittles cracked now both my fave flavours lol