What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oops

vta

Veteran
S.F. Law Professor Vows To Sue Over Pot Raid

By CannaBob

Just another reason why we need to legalize and regulate marijuana. This could happen to you or me.

(SF Weekly) When San Francisco narcotics officers showed up at a Castro District home early on the morning of January 11, they had a search warrant for “proceeds” from an illegal marijuana grow.

But the SFPD and federal DEA officers didn’t find any cannabis cash at that address, one of six raided simultaneously that morning, reports Chris Roberts at SF Weekly.

Instead, they found Clark Freshman, a UC Hastings law professor and the main consultant to the TV show Lie To Me.

Freshman was handcuffed while in his bathrobe as agents searched, despite his insistence that they had the wrong place and were breaking the law.

He pledged to sue until “I see [the agents'] houses sold at auction and their kids’ college tuitions taken away from them.”

“There will not be a better litigated case this century,” Freshman said.

Freshman isn’t just frontin’ — he has plenty of firepower to back up his claim. He received his B.A. from Harvard, where his senior thesis facilitated a pardon in the infamous Leo Frank case. He got his M.A. from University College, Oxford, where he was a Marshall Scholar, and a J.D. from Stanford Law School, according to the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.

FistedSister

Freshman isn’t just frontin’ — he has plenty of firepower to back up his claim

Freshman isn’t just frontin’ — he has plenty of firepower to back up his claim

plus he has super nerd strength

picture.php

G

greenmatter

just not fair to treat a lawyer like a stoner.. some one should pay for that

Grendelkhan

Sounds a bit like "Operation Green Merchant" warrants. They see you go into a hydro shop or club and then they get a warrant on you saying that they have found cutting or some other sort of BS, then they kick in the doors. I am curious to hear why they where investigating these folks.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
S.F. Law Professor Vows To Sue Over Pot Raid

By CannaBob

Just another reason why we need to legalize and regulate marijuana. This could happen to you or me.

I was seriously wondering where all the so-called good lawyers were ,if there is such a thing lol... I guess it has to hit them where they live for them to see how bad it is.peace out Headband707:)

Last edited: