What's new

Ontario Growers

I would wait a few weeks to let nature make food for the animals, and to give a chance for your plants to get bigger. Also check your average last frost date for your area. It can be found on google pretty easy

Mr. Smoke

Wait till after atleast may 24. If you plant them outside now and it frosts 1 night it will slow the growth rate down for a few weeks. That and you got Turkey hunters in everypart of the woods until the end of May.

agh, u guys are behind. this yr i put a bunch of clones out in the first wk of may. u might think thats too early for ontario, but it is not. depends on where u are, but ive done it in the kawarthas region and its worked out fine. earliest i put it out was around the third wk of april and everything was fine. frost doesnt necessarily mean itll kill your plants.

o.h. you must be growin some pretty big trees, i had frost kill some young seedling before but they only had a couple of sets of leaves. the earlest for me was the end of april,but that was awhile back, good memories that year. hopefully everyone pulls some off come fall,just dont touch mine you greedy bastards who ever you are.

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
Hello im about to order beans just now. What strains are you guys doing? I am hopefully doing Female seeds Ice, Maroco and Mandala hashberry.

Mr. Smoke

Here's what I gots going out T.doT.

Guerilla gold - finishs end of August
Ak99 x Freezeland finishs end of Sept -Oct 7th
Freezeland backcross 1,2,3 Finshs Sept 20th -Oct 1st
Ak47 X Peak19 x Mighty Might finishs Sept 20-Oct 7th

Ontario Hydro how big do your plants reach, 14 foot? Does the frost hurt them clones, what about the low light cycle do your clones not go into bud when put out? It's going down to -1 in a couple days and im in the South

Last edited:
hey guys. ive never had any problems putting plants out relatively early. my clones are usually small-ish but they are healthy and hardy, a good indica-dominant strain will withstand frost. it seems seedlings are more susceptible to frost because they are weak and dont have a strong root structure. however, the plant i put out in april was a seedling and she managed to survive and grow to over eight feet. of all the plants ive grown, 8ft was the highest. frankly, one of the problems i find is when plants get too big. the buds get so dense and heavy that they end up pulling the whole plant down. also, in ontario, namely, in the canadian shield, the soil is really thin so the roots never get to go that deep to support the plant.
fyi, the strains i got goin this yr are northern lights x chronic (from the medical place in toronto, i dont know the company) and bogglegum (im reallly lookin forward to that one).

yeah ive also never had problems with plants budding from low light cycles. ive only had that problem occur when ive received clones from some idiot who grew on a light cycle that wasnt in relation to the sun's. essentially, if plants do start to flower that early, the amount of time in the summer will undoubtedly revert them back to veg... it just slows down growing time by about 2 or more wks.

Mr. Smoke

That's Amazing, in April there's what 13 hours of light! The weather has changed and is now going down to -3 in a few days. :fsu:

Last edited:
there's some nasty wheather outside today/night, if i had some out they'd be goners fo sure. I had a couple of plants of local bagseed start budding in may and harvested them in june wierd, only got an oz but the smoke was good, and it gave me something to look forward to in the fall. That probably wont happen again to me. Has that happened to anyone else.

Last edited:

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
no experience with that brokenfingers but yea for sure if anyone had any babies outside today they would be dead,,(crazy storms) I plan on taking my babies outside this weekend..then the overnight low won't be so bad
peace
Chefboy

G

We just got whacked with hailstones - anyone around here with plants outside is kickin themselves now.

Never outside until after the May 24 weekend.

ws

sounds like u guys might be right. i hope my babies didnt get hailed on. but freak storms happen any time during summer, so im still on doin it early.

Mr. Smoke

You see what that storm did, WOW. I seen 7 Hydro polls snapped in half at 1 farm.

I'll wait till monday before I start. My plants always make 7-10 feet tall anyways when planted at 2 weeks old. :wave:

Last edited:

Fast_Pine

ontario hydro said:
sounds like u guys might be right. i hope my babies didnt get hailed on. but freak storms happen any time during summer, so im still on doin it early.
I allways shiiiiiiit my pants when the heavy mid summer hail storms come around...Last year I got sooo sketched out, I thought of covering my plants with tarps..

chongsbuddy

Veteran
You could pretty much put them out now but cover them with plastic for the first week or so to protect from frost.I grow in ontario too,if you have any questions this year than pm me.

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
Nice plants fast pine. Looks like way north up in ontario? Hey hydro did u get ur bogglegum frm scared seeds?

hey man, yeah u know it, sacred seeds. i believe u pm'd me about that in winter. basically its the same pack of seeds im working from. i got another strain from the medical place around the corner: northern lights x chronic, i dont know the seed company its from, but that store has got some good deals.
i like this ontario thread weve got going on here, in the coming weeks im gonna post some pics and hopefully this will be one of the dominant threads of this summer.