What's new

Only in clone ?

budMASTERmoose

I have a question about the new bubba kush strain from seedsdirect. I have heard of this strain, but only in clone form.
how do you produce seed with this strain. I know about the gibberellic acid and light pollution methods, however I was all ways lead to believe this is not a good thing, as it could give the future generations of this strain hermaphroditic tendencies. Isn't this the case with the G 13 clone also. I thought thats why they can only bread this strain mixed with another, and if this is the case why would anyone want to purchase all female seeds as aren't these the methods that are used to create them. Thanks

MOOSE:D

teddynugent

Those are basically the only methods I know of. No matter how it happens, I think selfing a plant is no good. I don't like fem seeds at all. Always kinda had bad results with them(hermies, poorer growth characteristics, not as potent). That's just my expericne and opinion with fem seeds. Some people love them, but I'm not one of them. I'll take my chances with regular old seeds.
I guess i can see selfing as a last resort though. I would do it if that is the only possible way I could get a strain I was dying for or keep a strain that I didn't want to lose.

budMASTERmoose

In mylife time I have purchased 5 packs of feminized beans and all the plants I grew to harvest showed little Bannana sac's. I don't like the fact that some of the best breeder's are selling these strains. all other normal seed I have purchased and grown did wonderfull. I agree with you Teddy if It's a must and you know its your fav go for it. They have not done this with pure g-13, Why not.

Moose:D

JLP

Veteran
I could be wrong but,I think you're thinking of OG Kush that is available only as a clone.

I think Bubba Kush is a cross of Bubblegum and OG Kush,but again I could be wrong.

JLP:)

PALM

I am not 100% on this, but I think bubba Kush is a cross of:

Purple Kush x Bubblegum

JLP, I grew out some of your Juliets and all I can say is WOW, def. a keeper in the bunch. I was happier with those beans than some that I have paid some pretty coin for. Way to go! Keep me in mind for future tests!! I heard that you have a HAZE project going on! Goodluck!

Sour Cheers!

budMASTERmoose

Sorry about that guy's. Can some one suggest a good stable feminized strain for me to try out.
Could my problem be the place were I purchased my seeds, www.ironseedsales.com. look at some of his prices on soma strains, the beans are way to expensive, and now I'm thinking theres more problems at ironseed other then his prices.
I have an order in transit with seedsdirect. It's my first order online. If it gets here I,m thinking of a soma feminized strain from them. what do ya think.

Thanks Moose:D

teddynugent

Like I said, I've honestly never had good luck with fem seeds and I never order them(anymore), so I can't really suggest a stable fem strain. I would think that all feminised strains would have a pretty decent chance of going hermie. I really don't know though. I just don't see how 1 fem strain could be more stable than another(as far as hermies go). I don't breed fem stains though. So, maybe after some back-crossing, you can get away from the plants tendancy to go herm. I'm sure someone else would know a lot better than me.

As far as Iron Seed Sales go, I definately don't think that they were your problem. I've only got seeds from them once, but they all turned out great. I also have a friend who almost always gets his seeds from there and has never really had a problem, but he won't touch feminised seeds either. Iron Seed Sales has the same seeds you would get from Seeds Direct. They sell the breeder's original seeds in the original package. They charge more for them, but they are still the same seeds. Feminised seeds from Seeds Direct have exactly the same odds of having bananas as the seeds do from Iron Seed Sales(Hidden Jungle).

]If anything, I would say that it was the fem seeds in general. The fem seeds you get from SD are not going to be any better than the one's from ISS. Your grow environment could have maybe helped them to go herm also. That's the other thing about fem seeds that I noticed from my experience. You have to have every aspect of your grow environment pretty much perfect to keep the plants female. It seems like if 1 thing is off, the plants are going to herm for sure. Like if the temp is a little too high, or they get stressed out from anything, it seems they go herm right away. They are touchy plants to grow (again from my experience). Instead of having males and females like you get from standard seeds, you get plants that are both male and female. They are just not worth it to me. I'd rather have to just sex my plants and move the males than have to check my "female" plants for bananas every damn day.

Anyway.....What strain/s did you order from SD? Whatever it was, god luck with it. Oh, and don't worry about whether or not the seeds will get there. I can't even count how many times I've ordered from SD and I have always recieved my seeds.

Stay safe,

-Teddy

budMASTERmoose

Thanks Teddynugent, every other strain I have grown out from iron has been great, Just not the feminzed ones. I'm starting to suspect it's fem seeds in general, not worth the trouble.
Iron is the only place that I have purchased seeds and I really don't have any other seed purchasing experience.when I searched the net I just felt like they were charging way to much.
Teddy You are a fountain of information, thanks again. I have ordered BOGs lifesaver, Gypsy's bubblicious and snowwhite. Can't wait till they get, as i am in need of seed.

Moose :D

Gypsy's seeds are in the GN Collection (and he collected them not bred them). The Bubbilicious and Snow White hail from Nirvana a seed company that Gypsy sells (They're available through lots of places). BOG Genetics on the other hand can only be found at Gypsy Nirvana's SeedsDirect. Just thought I'd clear that up a bit.

budMASTERmoose

Thanks yourhighness. So Nirvana and Gypsy Nirvana are to seperate company's, one is a breeder and one is not.
Wow I can't believe how many seed campany's there are on the net :eek:. Like I said, I have only purchased seed from one company, and compared to seedsdirect there selection is small.

Moose :D

G

have some.....

have some.....

......SB cough S2 beans, 3 for eight in germ, also have some blueberry sativa S1, 3 for 3?

as for hermies, it depends on the breeder, your grow enviorment.

another grower heres doin the same batch of SB cough and his germ wasnt very good either.

its the way shits headed to be able to even try somethin close to the original clone. you will see variation in the selfed beans also, they are not clones in seed form.

pleasure
CBF

Ganistanman

It depends on the breeder and most importantly the growing environment if you don't want hermies. Most herms are do to stress on the plant, whether it be a abnormal light schedule for the plant, heat stess, or etc...
Although, if not done correctly (selection of XX reversed plant) it will easily produce herms, basically because it was bred with a hermy plant or a plant that can't grow all-feminized under unusual environment without producing hermies. In breeding feminized beans you need much more experience growing and breeding than with normal beans to be successful. Somas beans I have found to be not very good in feminized form, because its really a secondary thing for him, I don't think he really tries to breed them, but rather uses the "Rodelization Technique" or sells feminized beans when he has the time to let his plants mature beyond normal flowering schedule, therefore producing feminized beans in small amounts. That is why there has not been hardly any Feminized beans sold by Soma in a long time. It just isn't worth his time when he can't produce enough MJ as fast as they sell, for the Dutch Coffe Shops alone. He has been pushing his plants out as fast as they will allow, and sometimes even too fast, as strains are not really finished before pulling for harvest and sale. Seeds Direct has not had any in 3 years, except for leftovers of Citral and Haze Heaven, both rather unstable strains.
This is not fact but only my opinion on facts that I have read from OG, CW, and abroad. I think when got at a reputable source, feminized beans produce stronger plants that actually are better than their regular counterparts. Selection is the reason. When 2 great clones are used to outcross to make feminized beans, there is great vigor and potency in every single pheno, some greater than others. Try Juan Moore Seeds RevGens , they are a fine example of what feminized can do. This outcrossing with 2 great clones is my fave part of the fem. scene! They produce awesome results, I am doing a Trainwreck X Black Russian by GE right now. There will be many great phenos to try, with everyone being above average.
When you do grow a great feminized stable strain or a selfing, it will be like almost growing clones or a very stable strain out. The opposite of a outcross, it will produce very little variety. Most candidates resemble the clone or strain exactly, or pretty close, when done right. Of course, every strain reacts differently to different things, whatever they may be. Good Luck to all growers! Like I state earlier, just my .02.

G

Send Orgnkid a pm and he will tell exactly what he used to get the Bubba Kush seeds that Gypsy sells. He is a real nice cat.

He is the same breeder working on the awesome purple looking "Blackberry" buds

Tex