What's new

Online hydro shops: Which one do you use?

MrStonerMan

So I'm curious to see which shop everybody uses for their online shopping. I have used htg supply and bg hydro, but I'm always looking for good deals! Post up who you use and why you like them! Thanks

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Don't claim to know the TOU, but I have a feeling links are bad.

EDIT: Note to self, read TOU. (not you, me.)

qbert

Horticulture Source and Midwest Hydro (their somewhat near me, so I actually shop local there, but they sell online and compete price-wise), also used HTG Supply.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plant it earth ( awesome seedling / pots )

bg hydro ( bio canna nutes if you hydro store don't carry them )

planet natural ( some bagged organic material )

home harvest ( for autopots )

there is alot of online companies, but a select few that are big time..

M

mugenbao

So I'm curious to see which shop everybody uses for their online shopping. I have used htg supply and bg hydro, but I'm always looking for good deals! Post up who you use and why you like them! Thanks
Htg has okay prices, but I'll be damned if I'll ever order them again after finding out that everything was shipped "signature required" only after the postman left the note instead of the shipment. You'd think that kind of thing would be mentioned somewhere during the purchase, wouldn't you? I was not pleased at all, and haven't ordered from them since. The hell with them, there are lots of other places with great prices that don't have asinine shipping policies.

LeeROI

Greners, mostly. Good selection and very reasonable shipping. People you can talk to on the phone.

NPK

You'd be surprised at what you can find on Amazon; that's my first go-to spot nowadays. Competitive pricing, no sales tax, and free shipping--can't beat it. I can't even remember the last time I bought anything from an online hydro store. Years ago though, when I bought some bulbs from Maryland Hydro, they accidentally included a box of 50 lighters in my order. Loved that!

Bulénath

Yeah Brian from Maryland Hydro is a good owner. I have nothing but good experiences with him. Don't let him try to sweet talk you or sell to you over the phone though, as he is a good business man.

I also like TheHydroSource because Keith Thai is always on top of his e-mails and has great customer service. Their Ebay store is great.

I recently bought from Hydroorangecounty on Ebay and although the customer service was good I have some complaints...My complete set of Ballast/reflector/bulb was not packaged properly. The ballast did not come with any box. It was set free to bang around on my reflector. The ballast looked used because the bottom was all roughed up as if the ballast was resting on a cement floor and kicked around. The CD's were smashed (no big deal though). The hanger for the light was all bent up and when I requested a new one, they sent a new one, but of a totally different type that didn't even work with my reflector to begin with so my WHOLE SET UP was screwed up. I eventually spent hours bending the original reflector hangers back into place. When I called the one guy who takes the phone calls and does the shipping (I think it is a one man operation), he said the reason why my lumatek ballast was shipped without the factory box was to "save room". That is complete bullshit. I have bought three of these factory sets before from other Hydro stores, all of them are exactly the same- within the large unit box, the ballast is in its factory box. I think the guy sold me a used ballast, but I can never be sure. Lucky everything is working fine. However, I will NEVER trust Hydroorangecounty ever again.

Edit: After this whole ordeal I started to contemplate the possibility of a hydro store owner letting his "real clients" circulate all the new equipment for "their" operations. I bet there are Hydro stores out there that use their Hortilux bulbs for two weeks, then swap them back on the store shelves for a new one.

NPK

Bulénath, what a shitty experience. I can see that scenario (selling used goods as new) playing out, unfortunately. Some of those dudes probably do have fresh bulbs 100 percent of the time.

Anyone familiar with the review site Yelp? These kinds of business reviews are so useful for consumers. Only problem, of course, is that you reveal yourself as a grower if you describe your experiences with hydro outfits.

Bulénath

Forgot to agree with HTG supply, where I bought my 150hps ballast/reflector/ combo back in 2005 and have no complaints.

Also I recently ordered from Discount Hydro as well. Gota love their $70 Hortilux 600's.

when you're talking about a chinese knockoff of a chinese original, just pass the fortune cookie and grow something.

HTG's hoods are copy's of Sunlight Supply and if I'm not mistaken; Sunlight reflectors are engineered in the US and manufactured in China.

SMOKE-ONE

Greners- good customer support,product reviews,and great selection.
Also does discount-hydro own CAP, Because they seem to favor,sell,and push all of their products.Do Cap make quality products?

Latest posts

Latest posts