What's new

One room of a 12k grow

W

whiterasta

Got right at 2g/watt in one 4K room running my
Padre Sabado strain. Best from Camas Snow ~1.75 in another. Some variation between rooms though
My old and shoddy notes and poor eyesight made my yields too high. It should read 2lb/light to 1.75lb/light rather than G/W.Many thanx to ezra for pointing this out without a silly smack down. As a new poster here and someone who has kept his shit off the web for reasons that deserve another post, I appreciate the kind help from some members from cluing me how to post pics instead of links to checking my shit closer and with my glasses before posting from memory:thanks:

5gallon buckets
hand water
Hand made organic soil
2K sodium
2k MH blue
Soil inoculation:
Oregon white truffle (Tuber oregonense and Tuber gibbosum).
Chanterelle(Cantharellus cibarius)
commercial inocculant
red worms
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

LOL hope I got the "get the fucking pic in the post" part right this time.
WR:deadxmas:

Last edited:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
fantastic job! love the kiddie pools hehe. you obviously know your organics. tell us more on those inoculations and red worms... how is the soil made?

looking at those again, i cant believe there is 8 kilos of finished product there under those 4, 1000 watters, the buds dont look that heavy. 8 kilos is a lot man. ive seen grow rooms recently that were full of massive, dense Sweet Tooth #3 buds, hydro in massive pots of coir and the yield was not even close to 1.75 - 2g per watt kinda poundage. im talking barely 1 gram per watt, which is a high benchmark. you did a very good job but i dunno about the weight estimate. lets see the rest of the rooms, i like your growing style.

edit:Im not saying its not possible, higher gram per watts can be done easier with more area. i.e. when the watts per square foot of light is lower than "recommended" im talking like 30 watts per square foot or even under. but looking at your setup its hard to tell how far apart the lights are whats the area occupied by the plants? Man id love to know how to get that kind of efficiancy. ive got a feeling it might lie in the total area and you did use the space very well.

Last edited:

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Respect for the organics.

I used to run organics, and got fed up with having to go buy all the shit. My hydro store freaks me out.

My move to med state is almost complete. So I will probably return to organics for my head stash.

W

whiterasta

OH SHIT! my bad, I did not have my glasses on when I read my growlog. I did not use units on my notes and should have posted 2lb/light not 2g the room shown yeilded just over 8lbs not kilos. Again my bad for not using my eyeballs when I read my grow logs. I have gotten to the fabled 2g/w but on a small batch of older moms shoved under the 4K. 4 plants/1K 430-515g/plant/ 16 plants but they were over a year old and huge.
My soils are what I call wild in that they are reycled and rebuilt after a short leeching period out side.I only add to the volume and then rebuild the nutrient and mycorhyzoidal components. The cultures I use for chanterelle and truffle are wild collected thus are loaded with a multi strain /multi species myco profile when used with commercial innoculants and red worms makes for a active living soil that as I said continues to improve rather than become spent. My compost tea is largely forest debris consisting of hardwood leaves and twigs, fern duff and sphagnum composted with the fish guts and bones from fishing season, washed seaweed and leached horse crap. The solids from making tea are added to the next round of soil.
And again apologies for my aging eyeballs and piss poor notes . I am good not god LOL thanks for pointing out my blunder:thanks:

W

whiterasta

Thanx for takin' a peek. Just a small med garden now 2K hps,lightrailed to cover about 6x6 but soon to be 2800 cmh stationary.
Still organic and am mixing in a trash can and culturing in trash bags on the porch.
WR

Padre Sabado ,named for throwing nanners over the weekends, @ ~21 days. Really nice strain if a few nanners and hermie seeds are OK...LOL. Good herb though but not a cropper because of it's dimorphism near harvest.
picture.php

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
OH SHIT! my bad, I did not have my glasses on when I read my growlog. I did not use units on my notes and should have posted 2lb/light not 2g the room shown yeilded just over 8lbs not kilos. Again my bad for not using my eyeballs when I read my grow logs. I have gotten to the fabled 2g/w but on a small batch of older moms shoved under the 4K. 4 plants/1K 430-515g/plant/ 16 plants but they were over a year old and huge.
My soils are what I call wild in that they are reycled and rebuilt after a short leeching period out side.I only add to the volume and then rebuild the nutrient and mycorhyzoidal components. The cultures I use for chanterelle and truffle are wild collected thus are loaded with a multi strain /multi species myco profile when used with commercial innoculants and red worms makes for a active living soil that as I said continues to improve rather than become spent. My compost tea is largely forest debris consisting of hardwood leaves and twigs, fern duff and sphagnum composted with the fish guts and bones from fishing season, washed seaweed and leached horse crap. The solids from making tea are added to the next round of soil.
And again apologies for my aging eyeballs and piss poor notes . I am good not god LOL thanks for pointing out my blunder:thanks:

hey dont worry about it, you did a great job. dispels the old myth that china hat reflectors are less efficient. perhaps you loose light intensity but you gain in effective spread.

i bet you could do even better with some great genetics from seedbay.

O

ogatec

why not set up some drippers?? would be allot easier than hand water! i guess its a labor of love! :)

W

whiterasta

Padre Sabado was a breeding project I set aside due to instability in the original male from BGS seed in 99. LR Oaxacan XBGS Blue Russian inbred for a short sativa dom.The BGS seed was no where near stable as advertised and I could never breed out the nanners so I canned it and went to my #2 project called Camas Snow. It has become my benchmark Indica Dom headstash Yields are not huge but the bud is top shelf with a very pleasent effect which does not cause a racing heart from a good toke.
Starting from scratch on a new sativa cross using land race Punta Rojo seed from Columbia that I will probably lay a male of across the Camas Snow since it has shown to be down to only two phenotypes at this point.
Thanx for looking!

Latest posts

Latest posts