What's new

One Night in Amsterdam...What to Try?

Gert Lush

Veteran
I'd go for a good hash myself, if you can find it, you can smoke bud anytime back home rather than overpriced 'Dam stuff.

BlueMonk

BM, the truffles are basically shrooms....if I only had a night in the 'Dam and I had to fly somewhere for work the next day, I'd stick to smoking a sensible amount of pot and getting a proper night's sleep. ;)

Thanks for the clarification. And yes, I agree with your suggestion.

BlueMonk

I leave tomorrow and basically have the Dampkring, Barney's Lounge and the Grey Area mapped out. While I appreciate the suggestions on hash and understand the logic, I will stay with weed. After all these years of smoking, I want to really experience a quality sativa. I will try to lean on the budtender to help me out a bit but lean towards a good haze (like the suggestions above) or Grinspoon.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I go to London after Dam and will not come home until the weekend. Will check back in to let you guys know if I was successful in my quest.

S

sirius haze

if you are not already in the plane here is the marijuana menu of the dampkring from july, i advise you a good nevils haze instead of amnesia if you want to smoke an excellent sativa not commercial herb (low yield but fuckin great high)
have fun

picture.php

BlueMonk

Hey guys...just wanted to report back.

First off, I want to say what a great city Amsterdam is. I really love it and will go back. Not just the weed, but cool people, buildings and I do love fresh Heineken.

I was there for two nights. And after a very full day and evening dinner drinks on the first night, I was finally alone about 11pm. Frankly, I was afraid that it might be my only chance. So I ventured out into the rain and found a taxi to take me to Barney's Lounge. When I got there, I was afraid it was closed. The whole area was deserted. But I peeked into the lounge and a few people were there. Ventured in and talked to a great budtender from Greece. I told him my story and must have appeared frazzled by the day and experience. He said...First just relax, you are in a coffeeshop in Amsterdam. Then he directed me to the Dr Grinspoon. Really nice guy who helped me with the Volcano too.

And the Grinspoon lived up to my expectations of a pure sativa. Great high and totally different from the weed here in Texas. It was slightly stronger than the stuff I am used to. But the real difference was the type and experience of the high. I am so glad that I got to test it out.

Funny thing is the next night my boss starts talking about the coffeeshops. I was initially afraid it being a test due to the straight lace nature of my company. But he wanted to go the Bulldog and I didn't want to tell him that I knew it was crap. So we went and had the SSH. Average strength and the weed was just nothing special. Don't get me wrong, we had a blast and it was better than sitting at a bar in Texas...

Again, thanks to all that offered me advice including the Dampkring menu. I really appreciate it.

Gelado`

Veteran
Sounds like you had fun, and Heineken tastes 10x better in Amsterdam! I spent five whole days there getting baked in '05...and I got really, really, really high every day LOL. I need to get back out there some time!