What's new

? on Venting my new c13 cab

G

The 265 cfm Dayton works well in my C13. I also have a 430 with a cooltube and vented with a 120 cfm inline.

Either of your choices should beable to ventilate your 250.

i didnt like the dayton myself.i really didnt vent my c13 which is now holding blankets and pillows instead of my grow .if you need a quite fan this is not a good choice either.it now resides in my new grow room blowing air in, not venting it out.the way it is suppose to work.id get a inline vortex instead.but the dayton seems to keep others happy.maliboos thread over at overgrow.com is a good resource for this stuff with the c13, check it out.

shaolin36er

in-line for sure

in-line for sure

djembe- i am with massASSS and i would get the vortex,fantech, or the elecinet inliners for sure. you could put a reostat(dimmer) on it to slow down when you needed. hook it up to a scrubber and your golden. i turn mine down at night whens its cooler and the scrubber is still running. dont get the DAYTON.if you got the cash spend now and it will last for ever. later

G

Yanno... my Dayton is not loud at all... in fact... you would be hard pressed to even hear it.

G

They make mufflers for fans that do not reduce their cooling capacity.

VegasBuddha

G

yep... it's called a carbon filter... I get great air movement from the 265 dayton....

BUT...

IF I had to do it all over... i would go with a high-end inline fan... fan-tech or elicent.

djembe

Thanks everyone,
I've decided to go with a centrifugal type fan: vortez, fantech, Hurricane, Elicent. I think that's all. There is also http://www.soler-palauinc.com/powerventprosl.htm I'm still waiting to hear from them about how to buy and prices.

The vortez jumps from 172 to 448 cfm with nothing inbetween. I have heard they're quiet and have a speed control. Remember, I'm talking a c13 w/ 250 watts.

The elicent has a 152 and 309 cfm.

Hurricane also has a 210 and 630. I've seen 152 and 309 as well.

The closest may be fantech at 257.

In my situation, I'm willing to pay more for quiet, but I would think that 448 for the vortez might be a little overkill for 250 watts.

G

sones tell how loud a fan is. panasonic makes a whisperline that is one sone, elicient is also good.

a 265CFM squirrel cage blower (dayton, hydrofarm, or another brand) with 250w matches up very nicely, although depending on your house temps its a bit overkill which isnt' a bad thing. Im using mine to cool 2 c13 sized grow areas as we speak.

150w HPS is one, and 250w MH in the other. I think I could put a 400w in one and a 250w in the other and I would be OK. I keep a cool house though, rarely gets over 73F inside.