What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

olympic thread *hockey*

olympic thread *hockey*

• canada

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • USA

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • sweden

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • russia

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • czech rep

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • finland

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
Damn, nother weird blip in the cosmos.:biglaugh:

Hats off to Finland :respect: very good game.

As to Canada, Gretzky got to pull their sh** together, or else...

rgds, kov

..still don't know about the poll tho... who? WHO?

Last edited:
G

lol, but you gotta give it to the finns, they allways get alot off setbacks and recalls just before major tournaments but they allways manage to get far..

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Uhhh.........All I have to say is: Go Sens Go :D At least I can still root for them :rolleyes:

Hey you knowledgeable people.......I'm not too up to date on how tihngs work in the olympics, since Canada has lost 2, do we even have a shot at gold anymore or are we outta that race now and we should start hoping for silver?

mpro

they are very much still in it.

here is from nbc olympics page

olympic1.jpg

G

yea. The last two teams in each division will go home. And four of the top ones will go to playoffs. Winner of the first div will face no. 4 of second division..
And so on.. Business as usual.. :woohoo:

G

i think canada is automatic in the playoffs cause you are titleholders..

hehe, lucky bastards... :pointlaug

G

purplehaes said:
i think canada is automatic in the playoffs cause you are titleholders..

hehe, lucky bastards... :pointlaug

Wrong.
Why would they play the qualifications?

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Good thread purplehaes,

Being an avid hockey fan and a proud Canadian. I think Finland will win gold this year. Not just because they beat Canada, but because they play so hard and well together as a team. Which is exactly what the Canadian team is missing this year.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see my Canadian gold champs win again, but after watching the first four games I can't see it happening. Although for Canada nothing untill Tues. nights game really matters, it was sad to see them dump 2 games in a row.
When and if Canada decides to play hockey like we know how, maybe there will be a medal in the standings for us. As far as I can see though the Fins have worked themselves to the gold podium, and as of right now deserved it.

Go Canada!
Go Leafs!

G

BadTicket said:
Wrong.
Why would they play the qualifications?

you still have to place your self in the quarterfinal pool

TML16 said:
Good thread purplehaes,

Being an avid hockey fan and a proud Canadian. I think Finland will win gold this year. Not just because they beat Canada, but because they play so hard and well together as a team. Which is exactly what the Canadian team is missing this year.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see my Canadian gold champs win again, but after watching the first four games I can't see it happening. Although for Canada nothing untill Tues. nights game really matters, it was sad to see them dump 2 games in a row.
When and if Canada decides to play hockey like we know how, maybe there will be a medal in the standings for us. As far as I can see though the Fins have worked themselves to the gold podium, and as of right now deserved it.

Go Canada!
Go Leafs!

my toughts exactly..i mean the finns allways get injuries on "key" players just before major tournaments, this year kipper salo and pitkänen among others, but they compensate the lack off technical players with "fysical teamplaying" that works very fine aginst a more skilled opponent...

but don`t get me wrong...i hate finland! :moon:

hehe, but seriusly i think the quarter finals can be a scare for everyone...the czecs could meet slovakia and canada could face russia and finland could meet team USA...if nothing changes tomorow that is..

but i still think my swedes will win the gold in a final agianst canada:sasmokin:

Last edited:
G

hehe, hyvvä ruotsi!

:bat:

8 votes for suomilainen...i didnt even think of bringin them in the poll!

Last edited:
G

purplehaes said:
you still have to place your self in the quarterfinal pool

So what if they would not make it to the play offs then?
They flip a coin to see whos spot the previous winner, in this case Canada gets?

See it makes no sense..

You thought wrong. They play just like everyone else and no freebies.

:wave:

kov

ehemmm, gentelmen, is it the time for some famous Swedish-Finnish "love between nations" act? :biglaugh:

Let's hope this thread stays peaceful, tho I can believe tensions can start flying high come playoffs on tuesday. :wink:

rgds, kov

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Of course we'll keep it peaceful or else: Jag heter peter och jag tyckar om sill i dill och strumpebandsorm i majones. :p Now thats peaceful

Flynnie

Kov, peaceful and ice hockey, ha ha! Just don't mention that Ruutu again, the whole country is after his blood! A mate just emailed me a clip of a fight in the NHL between Tasker and Senn, the refs just let them beat the hell out of each other!! Is that normal over there?

kov

Heyy Flynnie! How are you Czech friend! Hockey maybe not peacefull, but it certainly attracts friends.

BTW: you just sit and prey for Czech players to recover in time, cos for now they don't look like reaching far.

:D

rgds, kov

Latest posts

Latest posts