What's new

Olympia man with marijuana guilty, says jury

ddrew

Veteran
During his closing argument Wednesday, Jackson repeatedly told the jury to separate their beliefs about whether marijuana should be legalized from the existing laws, which dictate that marijuana is an illegal controlled substance.

In an interview in Jackson’s office after the verdict, he said, “We prosecute people that violate the law.”

Jackson, the prosecutor, said that at the time of Kurtz’s March 1 arrest at his Champion Drive home, he was not in possession of valid documentation from a doctor identifying him as a medical marijuana patient. Jackson said common sense and case law dictate that a defendant must be in possession of such documentation at the time of his or her arrest, and not obtain it after the fact, as Kurtz did.
Fucked up, I agree, but at the same time, fair or not, the law is law, and this guy was not in compliance with it, period.

If he would have had his shit in order this would not have happened to him.

Since he is someone truly eligible for MMJ, I think he should just get a fine, and no jail time.

The prosecuting attorney is just doing his job, if he choses to disregard the law as it is written, then he won't have a job for long.

All that said, I feel bad for the guy, I hope he gets this straightened out, and can return to a normal life asap.

P.S. Why should all the other Washington area mmj patients have to go to the time, expense, and trouble to get their paperwork in order correctly if they will just let someone go without it?
The way the guy was doing things was the same as any of us in non MMJ states, the raid and legal fallout should come as no surprise to him.

Last edited:
42 plants and 15 bags of pot. Yeah, right...personal.

If you believe that, I have an exceptional piece of property for sale in Brooklyn.

:laughing:Its called stocking up dude. Just because someone has a few extra plants and a little herb lying around does not make them a dealer. Wake up.:ying:

Fucked up, I agree, but at the same time, fair or not, the law is law, and this guy was not in compliance with it, period.

If he would have had his shit in order this would not have happened to him.

Since he is someone truly eligible for MMJ, I think he should just get a fine, and no jail time.

The prosecuting attorney is just doing his job, if he choses to disregard the law as it is written, then he won't have a job for long.

All that said, I feel bad for the guy, I hope he gets this straightened out, and can return to a normal life asap.

P.S. Why should all the other Washington area mmj patients have to go to the time, expense, and trouble to get their paperwork in order correctly if they will just let someone go without it?
The way the guy was doing things was the same as any of us in non MMJ states, the raid and legal fallout should come as no surprise to him.

My thoughts exactly, very well put.

Latest posts

Latest posts