What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Olum's first stealth cab extravaganza bonanza!

Olum!

Hmm, I'm having trouble getting the photos to appear for some reason. I tried to post the images from Flickr and I've also tried to upload them to an album in my IC but I'm not having any luck with any of the above for some reason. I don't remember having trouble with this before so I will keep trying.

*EDIT* I THINK I fixed it

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Yeah. I can see it now.

The design is very... familiar... :)

Good job, homie. Now stick around and make it HAPPEN. No more year-long delays!

GrowBox420

Anti's cab is an inspiration special when you see the nugs coming out of it.
Good luck you will be happy that you made a cab the nugs are so much cheaper and better and no more dealing with dealers. Also I find it very therapeutic, Good luck my friend

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
glad you're back. looks promising. i love the diagrams lol.

i love anti's cab. cant' go too wrong with a similar design.

:lurk:

Olum!

Hello everyone! My the long overdue completion of my cabinet is upon us! It is now complete aside from the doors and 7 tiny planets are growing happily inside. I would like to post some photos but once again I'm having trouble doing that. I use the free proxy service hidemyass.com and it seems to be affecting my ability to upload images. I'm trying to remain completely anonymous. I'm a week into my first grow with my cabinet and I've been keeping a paper daily grow diary which I would like to start doing in the forums as soon as I figure out how to upload images without leaving the safety of my proxies. If anyone could give me some advice or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I've searched the forums but can't find anything that seems to remedy my particular problem. I use a Mac with OS X on it running either Seamonkey or Safari and I also have an Ubuntu laptop that I can use.

This is long overdue! I've learned so much constructing this cabinet and there's still some left to do to make sure everything is functioning properly. I recently completed my first grow of Critical + but did not use my cabinet for it. The plant was sickly and the yield low but the little bid of bud it produced is really quite good. I can't wait to see what my BOG Blue Moon Rocks will be like here in a few months! Psyched!

Olum!

Thanks for the kind words, a lot has gone into the making of this and there is still a bit more to do. The six of eight surviving seedlings are growing steadily on their 18th day and I've slowly increased the number of lights to six, a third of total grow chamber light potential. Temps and levels of humidity are a little higher than ideal so I installed a window air conditioning unit to help out, but I still need to correct what I see as a design flaw in my light cooling system. I'm sure that with the doors off the air circulation in the cab is not reaching its full cooling potential but at the same it is clear that cooling will be a problem once the doors are installed with all lights in place. I think this may be because my design places the in and out ducts for the lights next to each other which may cause the cooler air coming in to be sucked out before conducting a sufficient amount of heat from the bulbs while warmer air further away takes more time to vent out. I believe I can fix the problem by sealing my original intake for the lights and drilling 1"-1.5" holes in the doors across from the outlet fans forcing a faster TOTAL exhange of air in the lights areas and causing cooler air to make direct contact with the lights as it flows through. I feel that I've already failed in making the cab as stealthy as I would have originally liked due to fan noise and having to install an air conditioner in the room with the cab but so far its not so had that I can't figure out some excuses for those (and if anyone has suggestions please let me know). I originally planned to have the original cabinetry front facing out but this means I will have to slide the cab away from the wall every time I want to open it. It's really heavy and I don't want to disturb the contents any more than I have to, so Im not sure if I will be facing it like that later or not.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice build, reminds me of when i planned out my first cab. Good times good times my friend :dance013:

Olum!

Yes, I have dubbed this cabinet a failure primarily due to my lack of ability to keep it sufficiently cooled. I believe that I could remedy the heat issue by more directly exhausting the air from the cab. As it is the hot air has to travel from the top of the cab to the bottom in the back, but there is really nothing to draw it out. This was a design flaw that I could probably fix by adding additional exhaust fans near the bottom of the exhaust of the cab, cutting new holes with or without fans further up the back of the cabinet so the hot air isn't trapped at the top of the cabinet. Also, my carpentry skills evolved over the course of the project so the cabinet isn't really square anywhere so alterations and additions of any kind are hard. I've also had a terrible time trying to make the doors air tight as a result of this, as the gaps around the doors and between the different chambers' walls and the doors vary wildly. I intentionally killed my last two sickly plants with the thought of starting anew. This time I'm going bigger, better, and slower in the planning and faster in the building. I'm trying to keep things simple and I've already allowed myself to go well beyond my own original self imposed deadline. The cabinet was a great learning experience and I believe that the knowledge I've gleaned from building it and my failed grow in it will make me a much better grower in the end.

If you want to follow my new vertical build you can follow the link in my sig.

I will be stripping this cabinet for parts for my current build. For the last several weeks I have been hard at work building a proper vertical grow room! I'm very excited about it.