What's new

Olive oil

mad librettist

Veteran
I have been living in Northern Europe for like 25 years , i was 4 when we moved from italy to belgium

They DO have very good butter here , but i just happen to have a very mediteranean taste and i am afraid nothing will change that.

olive oil alone doesnt have that much taste

does not compute bro. not at all. Your tastes are certainly not mediterranean, where olive oil is revered. You also mentioned using Bertolli olive oil. Don't tell those bastards are selling that crap in Europe as well?

Also you cannot grill with water. Grilling is over an open flame. If your meat is damp that will inhibit the Maillard reaction. Are you positive you are not British or something?

THC123

Veteran
Also you cannot grill with water. Grilling is over an open flame.

well i am not a native speaker so excuse me if sometimes i do not use a correct word , i meant in a grillpan

oes not compute bro. not at all. Your tastes are certainly not mediterranean, where olive oil is revered.

Now would be the time to stop nagging about this and just move on! You clearly know everything best :tiphat:

If you dont stop i'll have to call you mad Marge :D

mad librettist

Veteran
well i am not a native speaker so excuse me if sometimes i do not use a correct word

you didn't even know what we were talking about but you have a very strong opinion... hmmm...

grilling is very specific bro, and you claimed repeatedly that you knew what we were talking about, and I mentioned over and over it did not seem you did. And you don't!

Now go read that steak florentine link I posted, try that, with GOOD OIL, and tell me it isn't the most amazing carnivorous experience of your life.

THC123

Veteran
OMFG i just mentionned grilling for a second

i know english pretty well i am not a retard(do you speak 6 languages??)

Now seriously stop nagging NAG

This will be the last input in my own topic, thx for totally sidetracking and ruining it :D

mad librettist

Veteran
I only expanded it. And I betcha lotsa folks learned something about olive oil, even if they won't admit it and call me a nag.

we were talking about grilled meat from the moment putting oil on was mentioned. That's a technique specifically for grilling, although it will work for any dry heat, but NOT BRAISING. You insisted you knew what we were talking about, instead of asking, and here we are. You also posted bad info on olive oil, which I corrected. And here we are, after you challenged my correction.

takes two to tango, mr. fred astaire. You could have dropped the know it all, seen it all attitude at the beginning, but you were actually interested in getting your point across.

THC123

Veteran
does not compute bro. not at all. Your tastes are certainly not mediterranean, where olive oil is revered.
(lol this is really below my level but i just couldnt resist)
yes you are right, after all , what do i know about mediterranean cuisine

yeah i certainly do not have a mediteranean taste , thank you for telling me what my tastes are

i'm sure you are right living in the usa and all and being 100% italian with a 100% italian family , i'm sure your father was an italian chef as well

:thank you:

Or in other words dont pretend to know evrything about the Med without being med or without even having been there , why dont you go shove a hamburger in your ass?

Last edited:

mad librettist

Veteran
bro, you are the one who said it's all about spices, talked about grilling with water, said olive oil has no flavor (it is a dominant flavor), french cooking is gross, etc... what am I supposed to think?

olive oil is not great for extracting cannabis either, because olive cannabis oil winds up in dishes that taste like green a monster's bathwater.

THC123

Veteran
bro, you are the one who said it's all about spices, talked about grilling with water, said olive oil has no flavor (it is a dominant flavor), etc...

well yeah and i still do , oil is secondary

but like i said you are stubborn , me too so :D

and WE call it grilling here mr usa fucking biggot

Last edited:

mad librettist

Veteran
alright, try for yourself - go buy a bottle of olive oil from the south of france where they grow the picholine olive. get good oil made from that picholine olive, and tell me how it stacks up to the Bertolli (seriously?) you are using.

but now that you have admitted to using Bertolli, why argue until you taste the real thing.

And please don't say you have had the real thing, because why then would you consider Bertolli?

THC123

Veteran
because why then would you consider Bertolli?

cash , distance(in belgium you have to go to a special import store)

And i use so little oil and so many spices that the spices will dominate the oil

the other oil is tastier i have tasted it in puglia (not the one you say but wooptiladida)but i just dont care cuz oil is not the base of a good dish IMO but please just stop it really there is NO POINT AT ALL

Ok OK your Dick is bigger, you are smarter , better whatever

But just ....stop...nagging about it

Let it go Margie

images

Last edited:

mad librettist

Veteran
Ok OK your Dick is bigger, you are smarter , better whatever

actually, I was trying to suggest I am better, more informed chef, and that my food is tastier because I don't try to hit you on the head with spices. I spend my time finding good ingredients.

Tell you, what, I'll also agree with you about the dick thing.

I also wanted to point out olive oil is a poor choice for cooking with cannabis.

THC123

Veteran
and that my food is tastier

lol you retard taste is personal thats why i told you to let it go it is an endless discussion on a childish level i just found the ignore button so :wave:

The rest and especially Gbb thx for the USEFUL info and for actually adding to the topic and the original question

Last edited:

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not an olive oil expert, but the idead of putting herb into oil to give it the flav/effect, should work, just as with other herbs.

THC is lipo-soluble, and thus will be absorbed by the oil.

Even tho it's not quite the same, you might want to consider making an extract, which you'll add to the olive oil afterwards.

I know that the intended use is for the kitchen, but there might be some pointers here:
http://www.mediwiet.nl/wietolie entree.html

Hope that helps, B

Rose56

Well if you just want a spoon full now and then why not cook it strain and keep it in the fridge? I have been doing this for years.

Latest posts

Latest posts