What's new

Oldtimer's Haze

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
It's going to be really interesting to follow the development of all the pure Haze lines you are growing together UniqueFlower4 :tiphat:
I bet Oldtimer's Haze is going to be the last of being harvested. The more Original Haze seedlings i recently see, the more Mexican influence i detect in their structures, therefore of faster flowering.

My limited experience outside of OTH was w THH and the plants I grew definitely were earlier by a month or more. I’d like to explore that line more in the future, but interested to see what my current OTH’s will do outdoors in a couple different locations. I still have old original OH and crosses to try.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Fingers crossed I can get a male and two females from these 3F x 6M. Even better if the girls were each either green or purple leaning. Big dreams

Hey Dubi,

These OTHz are very beautiful and elegant plants. The moms outside will have cuts taken at the end of the year for new moms and we are going to let them go for as long as we can outside. They will get hit with some pollen too. Right now we are doing testing on our five females. We have 2 phenotypes in flower now and they are beasts. After reading the last posts, started thinking maybe try and put them outside to finish they would love to go in the ground....in another 5-6 weeks haha
20210710_135240.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you got a female JustGrowing420, get ready for the Oldtimer's Haze experience ! ;)

Ralph W. Llama lovely Hazy resinous lower :yummy: She will try to reveg for sure after moving her from indoors to outdoors under current outdoor photoperiod at your latitude, hopefully she can ripen properly some lowers, the tops will start to reveg like mad. If you are flowering Oldtimer's Haze indoors (or any other extreme tropical sativa) and you want to move her outdoors to continue the flowering, make sure to do it close to autumn equinox but not earlier.

Thanks Ur Humbl Nr8tor :) To see those pics brings great memories from 15 years ago. Best of luck with the Oldtimer's Hazes, line 3x6!

Oldtimer's Haze are indeed elegant plants UniqueFlower4 I'm eager to know your opinion on the different pure Haze lines you are growing this summer! :hotbounce

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hey Dubi,

These OTHz are very beautiful and elegant plants. The moms outside will have cuts taken at the end of the year for new moms and we are going to let them go for as long as we can outside. They will get hit with some pollen too. Right now we are doing testing on our five females. We have 2 phenotypes in flower now and they are beasts. After reading the last posts, started thinking maybe try and put them outside to finish they would love to go in the ground....in another 5-6 weeks haha

I flowered oth cut in pot light dep. 10/14 light regime, first few weeks, and I think that after 6 weeks I transplanted from pot to ground. it started to reveg no matter of what... even the light regime was 10/14... so be careful with it :D she is the beast indeed!

Ralph W. Llama

Thank you for the kind words, Dubi. As reveg started to overtake finish, it got the chop. Not bad for 44N in July, 5 months of flower total.

Last edited:

Ralph W. Llama

Thank you. Luck was at least as strong as skill. Still learning. I found that even Haze will flower under 20 hours of light if root bound. Haze will also reveg under 11 hours of light, so that’s easy. ;)

romanoweed

Flowering Equatorials troughout Summer

@Ralph W. Llama did those Plants flower trough summer? So you preflowered indoors for how long? Im very interested!

It would be definitly unordinary that they wouldnt reveg. Normally, after 4 Weeks, you should see them Reveg. Great to see they didnt.
Wich leaves good opportunities. I just lately researched Equatorial Semi-Autoflowering Legends. And there are some Examples, a Papua Newguinea wich flowers in slightly small Pots during summer, also a Zamal flowering during July, heard couple times about Auto-Thai.

I imagine, there are some of those Traits present in Oldtimershaze, cause the average equatorial Strain would probably reveg.
And its probably a stress-sensitive Line that reacts with tendency to flower if stress is aplied , in the Lines i mentioned. I think yours is probably still a similar Mechanism, its just not the Stress that causes it to stay in flower, its more the Opposite: The EASYNESS for a Plant to finish cause it Already started.

A Survival-Management would be a way more positive Therm than Stress. Would explain the whole Observations.

By the Way:
I did my first experiment, and split Plants in half. (splitting Mainstem). The Idea is to make this equatorial longflowerers Flower earlyer. Did it end of Juli . Lets see!

Gloansy

way longer than it would take you to flower any commercial clone, I bet.

yes i'm looking to do some x's with them and trying to plan when I should put the other strains in with them as I dont have much space

the other strains are

cbg destroyer and panama
f2's I made of karma's headbanger

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks Ur Humbl Nr8tor :) To see those pics brings great memories from 15 years ago. Best of luck with the Oldtimer's Hazes, line 3x6!

I’m glad to aid in nostalgia dubi. Of the three plants, two are more interesting. One is kind of a pom pom sort of veg, with not a whole lot to show. Now for the bad news, I was in the grove today and out of the plants there, the OTH 3x6 #3 (best growth expressions) has just disappeared. It’s the strangest thing. If someone would have dug it up or ripped it out, there should be more tell tale sign. A very small hollow where the plant was. Looks as if roots are still intact in the soil. I think I have it backed up, so I plan to just plug it back in albeit a smaller plant. All the other plants are growing well. Good news, if I did back it, is it flowers for so long, it should still be a giant by the time it finishes…and I’m still not sure of sex 100%, I just assume with the OTH that it’s most likely a female.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Well, it’s a squirrel or rabbit (or field rat) problem. Gnawed my Super Malawi Haze right off at the base (that’s two plants down) and a large branch off of my green Honduras Haze. Arggggh. I don’t think I have the SMH backed up, so I took the gnawed plant and have it in some water…see if I can salvage some clones.

Ralph W. Llama

Hey romanoweed,

I started flowering it indoors in late February under 11/13. When it started to re-veg in June, likely due to too much nitrogen, I put it outside. It flowered outside for a month or so, with some parts finishing, before it started re-vegging on the tops enough that it was time to pull it.

The seeds were mature and the quantity of flower looks large, but is airy and loose. The smell is spicy mustard, woody and earthy. The other female I got smelled very similar, which was also a seed plant. The heads are cloudy.

The only differences in the males were how long they took to show. All were quite uniform. I haven't tried any beans from these yet. I make too many.

One of the males last spring, getting done in the window.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MAHA KALA, Oldtimer's Haze flowers properly under 10/14 photoperiod, what you comment sounds like early flowering stretching after transplant the clone to new soil with high N content.

Gloansy, usually 2 months from seed, sometimes a few more weeks for the untrained eye.

Ralph W. Llama, better harvest now what is ripen than wait it is spoiled by revegging process. I don't agree with your comments in your last post. Oldtimer's Haze won't flower with 20/4 photoperiod, even if root bound, neither it revegs under 11/13 photoperiod. Beautiful Green Haze male ;)

romanoweed, i have experienced many different Oldtimer's Haze plants and none of them showed semi autoflowering traits or tendencies to flower when rootbound like it's the case of some Zamals.

Sorry the hear about the loss Ur Humbl Nr8tor, hope the rest will make it!

Ralph W. Llama

Hey Dubi,

Both of those things happened to me with OTH. I don’t want to start an argument, just sharing experiences. I have a male clone that is heading into flower now under 20 hours. It’s in a tiny container.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ralph W. Llama, no worries :) Did the male clone you are talking about come from a branch of a male that was already in flowering ? or from a branch of a male in full veg that was never flowered before ?

Oldtimer's Haze flowers properly indoors with a decreasing 11/13-10/14 photoperiod, without reveging in these conditions, unless we are talking about a seriously rootbound flowered clone that has been recently transplanted indoors to new soil with high N content, then it will stretch again, and will delay the flowering. All these strange behaviours that extreme tropical sativas like Oldtimer's Haze can do indoors are mainly related to their lack of indoor adaptability. Outdoors under classic photoperiod (spring-summer-fall) Oldtimer's Haze responds very very late, but in a very normal way, without doing strange things.

romanoweed

yeah, my last post was not very logical.

It sounds like Ralph Lamas Plant revegged, then he put it outside FOR ONLY A MONTH, so it wasnt really continuing flowering for long Time. But its always interesting they take a whole Month, and im wondering what would happen if he give them a multitude of Stesses like Drought, Rootbound , Nutrienshowers...

dubi i would love to know if you ever found an equatorial Strain that one could get to flower with a little "stress aplyed". Other Strain than Zamal?

romanoweed

STEMSPLITTING EXPERIMENT

I Splitted Stem of a 2018 pure Cambodian around 1st August. These go 18 Weeks, i hope they now hurry up:

https://postimg.cc/t7M590GV

https://postimg.cc/QBCC8z3H

https://postimg.cc/nXPZkcyh

Couldnt upload Pics on new Website..

Splitting worked great, just had to fix some Parts where it tended to break, or broke already. Im shure it will heal, have seen Cannabis can fix broken parts with ease. Just a little help.

Here a Cambodain wich i left as it was:

https://postimg.cc/GBvLmnf3

Lets see what happens