What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer Haze in the Dog's Life style

rindindoo

01 Oldtimer`s Haze F2 (6) (Копировать) (Копировать).jpg

I am glad to welcome all lovers of old school weed and more to come to my DogHouse!
I hung two LED bulbs with a power of 40 and 50 China watts 6400K
light.JPG

in my DogBox pro v2.0 (size 47x33cm and height 95cm)
box.jpg

Ventilation is provided by one computer cooler 10x10cm, and another one inside for blowing and cooling the lamps.
The height can be adjusted by moving the painted piece of OSB up and down.
undergraund.JPG

A little background. This summer season I tested OTHaze F2 seeds received in 2019 for germination
the seeds have all sprouted
Oldtimers Haze F2 6 дней.jpg

I left two female plants in a 0.5L pot with coconut
Oldtimers Haze 2023 (2) (Копировать).JPG

Just for fun, I planted one plant outside (50N), just to see how it develops in natural conditions; I didn’t expect OTHaze to bloom at this latitude. In two months a beautiful plant grew

trunk diameter 17cm

I cut a clone and rooted it in a 0.5 liter pot with coconut

I cut off everything unnecessary and left 3 shoots

Fertilizers.
I create any ratio of nutrients using a calculator for growers and a set of simple salts, namely base (N-13, P-40, K-13) calcium nitrate, potassium nitrate, magnesium nitrate, pecacid, monopotassium phosphate, potassium sulfate and trace elements (Valagro EDTAmix 5SG)

Devices.
I grow without measuring instruments, the pH controller broke a very long time ago, the TDS controller (coefficient 0.5) managed to measure the ppm of well water (840ppm) and also broke down, so I calculate the concentration in this way, make 100% fertilizer concentration per 10 liters and if I need reduce the concentration of the solution by 50% then dilute it with clean water to the required values.

At the moment, OTHaze is 6 days in 12\12 mode, fertilizer formula N\P\K: 130\80\170\40Mg - 50%, respectively, the nutrient ratio is 65\40\85\20Mg.

Anyone interested, join us and let's see what comes of it!

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Interesting grow.
Old Timer's is the only Haze I haven't grown. Seedsmans Haze and The Flying Dutchmans' seem the same genetics.
What is your experience and history with Hazes?
There are definitely different genetics in Othz vs above mentioned, that said the ones pictured here look much more BLD than ones I’ve grown I sourced 15 or so years ago, they were very very NLD expressions even right out the gates as seedlings, no center bulge at all in the leaflets at any growth stage.

GL in the doghouse rindin

rindindoo

sublingual, led05 Thanks guys for stopping by!​

I don't have much history with Haze, before Oldtimers I smoked Atomical Haze (Paradise seeds), a good, strong weed with a hybrid effect. In the description it was written - “you will whistle joyfully as you jump,” when I smoked it for the first time with a friend, we could not tie our shoelaces to go for a walk, and the friend didn’t whistle joyfully, but most likely snored quietly and blew bubbles. I decided that I had had enough of hybrids with Afghani genes and purchased a packet of OTHaze seeds. Later, I grew another Haze from Positronic - One Love Haze, it is much more comparable to a sativa high, but I did not find anything special or memorable in its effect.

sublingual

Hi rindindoo,
If you like sativas, you will love ACE Seeds. Check out their catalogue. Not every plant will be a keeper but several lines contain them.

rindindoo

Hi [B]sublingual[/B]!

I'm a big fan of ACE seeds! I grew them Malawi regular, and auto Zamaldelica & a. Malawi. I'd probably like to grow their entire catalog, but these guys are so prolific that it's hard to keep up with them.

Hi [B]troutman[/B]!
Thank you for stopping by and sharing your experience. I won’t keep it 12\12 for a long time, if necessary I will use the supercropping technique, in the future I would like to transplant it into a slightly larger container, because I will not be able to water a 0.5 liter coconut pot so often. I admit, I don’t have a clear plan at all, I’ll improvise.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan

There are definitely different genetics in Othz vs above mentioned, that said the ones pictured here look much more BLD than ones I’ve grown I sourced 15 or so years ago, they were very very NLD expressions even right out the gates as seedlings, no center bulge at all in the leaflets at any growth stage.

GL in the doghouse rindin

Do any of the Original Hazes have Thai in them?

rindindoo

Today is 11 days since 12\12

Here is a general photo of the residents of this cramped dormitory. in the photo is the star of the OTHaze program, a pollinated clone of Durga Mata F1 (Paradise seeds), and she was pollinated by two males Bangi Haze F1 (ACE), and another female clone Bangi Haze #7.

OTHaze clone began to grow after suffering stress from pruning and has already produced its first pistil. all this time the concentration of the solution was 50%, today I poured 60%.
full

Bangi Haze #7 got into the gang for the following reason, I want to try to grow a plant on a coconut substrate with the help of a homemade organic-mineral fertilizer, which I want to make from compost and Monophosphatacaly\Pecacid, but I didn’t want to take a risk with an OTHaze clone so I took only the rooted one Bangi clone.

November 7, daylight hours 09:24, 50N.
OTHaze's mom survived three short-term frosts down to -5C in the fresh air and survived! It doesn't have enough heat to fully bloom.
full

full

Purple pigmentation appears on the back of the leaves.
full

Rgd

Veteran
brave mon..

[hope I am it repeating myself ]

I found OT hz to be a balanced enjoyable[euphoria] not overly long high with way more usable pheno’s

compaqed to ohz .. but ohz had more power

ot hz impressed me

ot hz seemed like a more sativa hz x nl5 which is hardly an insult

50 n lat=brave mon wit dah OTt hz..

thanks

rindindoo

Everybody must get stoned...

And so, friends, it’s time to talk about homemade organo-mineral fertilizer based on compost. These are my first steps in this direction, so any thoughts and ideas are welcome.
The first option is the simplest; you need to dilute the compost with water and water it with it. In principle, everything should work that way. But I'm sure that the compost will produce poduras, whiteflies and just all sorts of unwanted insects. Let's leave this option in case winter laziness, aggravated by Afghan buds, overcomes us.
The second option is labor-intensive. It is necessary to somehow neutralize the compost, one option is to heat it in the oven at a high temperature (but at what temperature?), 70C or 100C and how long to heat it? or boil this slurry?
I also have an aquarium compressor, I think it wouldn’t be superfluous to constantly aerate this “tea”.
Do you think the bacteria will recover after sterilization? As far as I know, different bacteria are needed to process organic compounds into a mineral form available to plants; perhaps you need to add some soil from the meadow to the coconut soil as a bacterial starter?
I plan to dilute 100g of compost in one liter of water and this will be a concentrate, the dose of which I will find out experimentally.
Well, I went to do it...

rindindoo

I dug up compost
full

Weighed 0.500g

And stuck at the stage of deciding whether to sterilize or not?
While I was thinking, a delegate came to me and begged me not to bake them in the oven or boil them.
full

What a sentimental weed smoker I am, if only the situation didn’t reach a dead end with sticky tape against flying midges.

here I found a Hydroponic compost tea?, that looks similar to what I had in mind, but there are a lot of ingredients and a very serious approach, I’m not ready for that.
I am satisfied with the quality of the product grown on coconut substrate with the help of mineral fertilizers, and it is also simple and convenient. But a couple of years ago I became convinced of the influence of the solar spectrum on terpenes. I tested 30 plants of the same variety, in pots with coconut and mineral fertilizers, under artificial HPS light, when all the plants bloomed, I put one part outside, continuing to grow them in pots with coconut, to my surprise, those that grew under the sun's rays had a more intense and complex terpene profile than the same plants under an HPS lamp. So, if the lighting spectrum has an effect, then it’s not difficult to guess that nutrition also has an effect.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I dug up compost
full

Weighed 0.500g

And stuck at the stage of deciding whether to sterilize or not?
While I was thinking, a delegate came to me and begged me not to bake them in the oven or boil them.
full

What a sentimental weed smoker I am, if only the situation didn’t reach a dead end with sticky tape against flying midges.

here I found a Hydroponic compost tea?, that looks similar to what I had in mind, but there are a lot of ingredients and a very serious approach, I’m not ready for that.
I am satisfied with the quality of the product grown on coconut substrate with the help of mineral fertilizers, and it is also simple and convenient. But a couple of years ago I became convinced of the influence of the solar spectrum on terpenes. I tested 30 plants of the same variety, in pots with coconut and mineral fertilizers, under artificial HPS light, when all the plants bloomed, I put one part outside, continuing to grow them in pots with coconut, to my surprise, those that grew under the sun's rays had a more intense and complex terpene profile than the same plants under an HPS lamp. So, if the lighting spectrum has an effect, then it’s not difficult to guess that nutrition also has an effect.

You may find the attached study of interest.

And what an adorable friend!

Attachments

• Comparison of the Cannabinoid and Terpene Profiles in Commercial Cannabis from Natural and Art...pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 66

rindindoo

21 days 12\12

I transplanted it into a 2L pot and switched the timer to 10 o'clock in the afternoon and 14 o'clock at night.

I think I managed to hold back the sprain
full

I went a little overboard with the central branch
full

after the second bend, the trunk darkened to a purple color, two leaves turned yellow

and it began to bloom earlier than the other two branches
full

rindindoo

Merry Christmas ICmagers!

#1cheesebuds

Thank you for your interest. Looks a little sad, I fried it with a high concentration.

20 days 12\12, 39 days 10\14

Sad beauty goes through the basics of dog life
full

full

full

full

Look at this, trichomes appear

full

full

Bangi Haze (ACE) was growing and pollinating in the same room, so I found several seed buds
full