What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldest American grow collective and honorable mentions

shithawk420

Veteran
As a geurrilla grower this just pisses me off.im not stupid and know about hemp for victory and all that.,but these damn hemp plants keep pollinating our crops every fucking year.we dont use hemp fiber very often anymore.i say we just get rid of the feral hemp all together.its useless at this point to keep it around

shithawk420

Veteran
Wow! Im gonna have to take some time out to read all that but im actually a certified beekeeper sciencekid..not gonna get too specific but i was tuaght by one of the best beekeepering proffesrs in the world. I just wish i can remember everything! Sorry im a little drunk on mobile

redlaser

Veteran
As a geurrilla grower this just pisses me off.im not stupid and know about hemp for victory and all that.,but these damn hemp plants keep pollinating our crops every fucking year.we dont use hemp fiber very often anymore.i say we just get rid of the feral hemp all together.its useless at this point to keep it around

in northern Missouri and Iowa they do actively spray it along with other weeds in the ditches at least. plenty of places where it doesn't get sprayed. Had a teacher who said he had two students doing a summer internship for credit get arrested by Iowa highway patrol for gathering hemp along the highway. They were actually gathering sumac seed heads from a bunch of different locations to check for differences in tannin levels. This was around '87, cops held them for a while, less than a day. They were hauling a little uhaul mostly full of little spear headed brown flower buds in individual plastic bags.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh geez.i can believe that redlaser.thats pretty messed up.i forgot about the pesticides.the AG business is so messed up in the midwest i dont even wanna discuss it to be honest.oh i ment the AG biz in general.lotta good info in this thread.im kinda err,occupied but if anyone wants to talk midwest AG i can give my best go at it.hope i didnt get too off topic.sorry.everyone is cool to pm me if you want

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Huh. In central Massachusetts during the late '70s/early '80s I befriended a gent who rented a large remote property with a very big barn on it. He was from Kentucky. The barn at times had what seemed like semi-truck loads of weed in it, which sometimes would be gone basically overnight, shipped out to other places. Then one day he was simply gone, the house and barn empty. Never saw him again. Im sensing a connection ...