What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Time Indiana Bubblegum

the gnome

Veteran
:yoinks:YIKES! 10"----> 5ft and still stretching...
you have serious stretch there swamp!

flowered mine @40-48" and hit about 5'-->5'6"
i had around a foot to a foot+1/2 stretch total
had to crimp 2 tops.

I use 4000K 1000w MH for bloom,
stretch is rarely an issue any more for moi
thing is I used HPS for 2 weeks to put against my other Mh lamp to if any thing was better on the hps side
and i started seeing a lot, i mean LOTS of stretch under HPS.
i put the MH bulb back in.
if it wasn't for 2 wks of hps i probably would have had less than a ft.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
do either of you two have pics of your seedlings separated by phenotype. i just got my pack in the mail and im super excited to get em popped and in the ground. i havent seen a bad pheno yet so im excited.

do either of you two have pics of your seedlings separated by phenotype. i just got my pack in the mail and im super excited to get em popped and in the ground. i havent seen a bad pheno yet so im excited.

For the most part they looked similar in veg. I took detailed notes & pics. These were my visual markers in veg:

- small leaf phenos. These turned out to be the wimpier sativa types(either runts or lanky, thin stemmed sativas- both lower yielders)

- tall sativas. These turned out to be just that- tall sativas. Too tall, too much stretch for me. (But note- others don't seem to be having the insane stretch I'm having).

- the indica phenos. I only have one- it's stretched almost as tall as the tallest sativa- however- it will be the biggest yielder without a doubt. The nodes are tight and the stalks are twice as thick as all the others. I'd call mine a stretch indica...

About my setup- dwc under 1k hps's, co2, enviroment dialed to the 'T'. It's a setup I've been working on for a while & quite proud of. In the past- I've been able to hit the 3lb/1k mark multiple times. This is the first strain to give me any trouble.
I treated mine like blue dream(which is the previous strain ran) when I flipped. Otibg got approx 12-18in taller. It's also a heavier feeder.

As for what caused the stretch? Hmm...
The only thing I can think of is higher temps & humidity in early flower? I always run it around 85-87deg for the first 2 weeks then slowly drop temps(replicating the summer to fall transition in nature). Maybe it just didn't like that?
I will be giving my #3 pheno(the indica pheno) one more run to try and get it perfect.
Changes made will be:
-lower temps from the start
-topped
-flowered with no veg under the 1k's- straight from my little little mini-dwc cloner
(I do plugs->mini dwc tub->big dwc). Flipped at 4-5in tall.

Will post pics when there's something worth seeing- day 28ish and still not much to look at. Look like it'll go 11 weeks.

I should note- this could end up being an 11wk mega yielder & the bees knees. I'm just a little jaded by the crazy stretch atm.

A

AshitMyself

hi there mosca's oldtime indiana bubblegum is amazing both times i have grow it it was first class i would say i had the indica pheno
plant was 17ins when put into flower and was about 33ins at finish
great smell great smoke i would grow again but i contacted mosca
about 2 pale white seeds that was in my pack & asked if they would
germ i tried them and they didnt work so i had 3 seeds all in that didnt crack and at 80 quid there not cheap just my 2 cents...

Attachments

• old time indiana bubblegum.JPG
    old time indiana bubblegum.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 29
A

AshitMyself

desert hydro your gonna luv these for sure its potent take it 9 weeks for the best result and the resin at week 3 was unreal i have heard people talking about different phenos the 2 times
i have run her excellent phenos every time...all the best with your grow

jnlockar

Wow I remember that strain it was the first kush I ever smoked. Smelled like a pack of original bubblegum flavor. I wish I could add that to my garden.

ICGA

++++++pheno #2++++++

++++++pheno #2++++++

after sprouting my first seed in 1989, 23 years later i have finally found my keeper... this cut is the bombshank shidizzle.... my ship finally came in.... show me LURVE!
How long does this pheno flower for? Is it serious seeds? Also is the high racy at all? Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts