What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Seeds, New Strains. High and Hazy in the Low Desert. Come on Son, grow some weed.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Just read the last few pages. See that you had a stroke in January, that's shitty man. Hope your doing better than you were. Plants are looking great man. I see you like to make and grow your own seeds. I'm the same way.

That clone you took off a plant 3 weeks into flower should root just fine. I've taken them all the way up to 6 weeks in and they rooted just fine. I was checking out your reflectors/hoods. Are they 4" holes for the ductwork or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

paper thorn

Veteran
I was checking out your reflectors/hoods. Are they 4" holes for the ductwork or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

good catch, one of those hoods has 4" holes. i'm going to pull that one out of the line and use it over some 4 bubbas i' just flipped. i just got this big ass magnum hood from a friend. of course it has 8" holes.

i chopped a couple bubbas and a nycd x sweet tooth, because a couple patients just could not wait.

Turns out Veg is king when you are trying to keep a production schedule. dialing in length of veg for each strain can take a lot of planning.

WEEK 3

paper thorn

Veteran
Week 4

Week 4

this is from the end of week 4. looking like i'm on track to make 3#+

the left side that's kind of hidden in the above pic.

buds look so nice at this stage

(below)
the one in the front that's so big is a MOFO 5. maybe this one was the real keeper. huge buds. the first one of these i grew was a really small plant, so i didn't know it's real potential.

the one in the back that is huge is a cinnamon haze x MoD
tester from this one makes me smile.

paper thorn

Veteran
a couple more from week 4

the far right and far left are diesel, the 2 in the middle are mofo 7, my fav new strain from some old seeds.

the two below are mostly Bubba

paper thorn

Veteran
btw double triple, believe me, strokes suck.
But, i have to keep positive even though things like this bring death's day closer. When i got out of the rehab unit of a hospital in AZ, i could barely walk. i used a walker for a while and now use a cane. yay.
i walk without the cane around the house and yard, except when i'm feeling wobbly.
i have pains that without experiencing, you just can't understand the weird feelings in parts of my body. fucked up nerve pain.

anyway, i'm enjoying every day I'm alive. I like it even more when grandkids come over than i used to. i appreciate being able to pet my cats and talk to my wife and everything else more than ever.

I know, that without having gone to the hospital right when i was having the stroke that i would be dead now. It can happen in the blink of an eye. Enjoy life.

I have a list of grow room goals and life goals. no 'skydiving' kind of crap, just the things that i need to do here on the old homestead, before i kick the bucket, so my wife does not have to worry about them.

paper thorn

Veteran
Week 5

Week 5

here's the canopy shot. needs a secong net, but it did not get it, so things are leaning.

Bubbas

big mofo7 buds

tall mofo5 in front. tall leaning ch mod right behind it

paper thorn

Veteran
veg

veg

These Bubbas are in the top of hydrofarm buckets full of clay balls. i put the drip rings together with the 'T' upside down and an open drip line goes into it and the pump runs 24/7
i guess it's an NFT set up. the table is slanted so the water waterfalls back into the res.
They look fantastic.

veg. diesels in back a ch mod and bubba in front

the scraggly things in cups are auto mazars, from beans a friend made, i forgot about them and did not put them under a good light till they got all long and floppy. below that is another veg area with a cloner with my last hopes for my C99 to root and maybe another m7 will root too.

paper thorn

Veteran
oh yeah, the Bubbas are under 3 shop lights. I'm about ready to get rid of my T5s and put a bunch of these 10 dollar shop lights over the veg. T5s get fricken hot, and it sucks to try to change a tube. the space is just too small for fingers to turn the tube easily. easy peasy with the shop lights. T12s are cool and easy to change. when you have several right next to each othe, they work pretty good.

paper thorn

Veteran
week 6

week 6

i'm really happy with this run. going well for multiple strains.
that big one in the middle is a super silver haze, not a keeper, but not bad.

you see the SSH to the right. The big one up front is a mofo cross, behind it, the biggest plant in the room is a NYCD x Oregon Burmese. (i got that Oregon Burmese 1 from Sugar Bear.) it is so good smelling and so fat and frosty, but the vegging one died, i'm not revegging it... sad isn't it?

right above at the bottom of the pic are a couple mofo6s, sadly, the vegging one of it died too, curse those root aphids.

Here's that nycd x ob1. i bent that main bud over because it was going past the light, and the light is all the way up.

Bubbas
bubbas in nft below the bubbas in flower.

paper thorn

Veteran
i'm caught up with the pics i've edited. i have week 7 on the cam, sucks though, because i had to pull out a couple bubbas early. i also pulled out a NYCD x Sweet Tooth that was very close to being done. got this one in veg, looks like a keeper. i go in veg and that bitch is dying. i have to get these root aphid killed forever.

paper thorn

Veteran
still a week behind, week 9 pics are in the cam, but i don't have the patience to resize them yet. i'll try to do it later today.
maybe

room set up changing. so everything (mostly) will be similar to the bubbas in the buckets.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I was gonna ask about the buckets with black plastic underneath, but went back a couple pages and read instead. I love that set-up. NFT style, it works awesome and looks cool. I used to work at a tomato farm and that's what they used. A NFT system. They grew the largest tomato plants I have ever seen. 10' tall, with 20' of horizontal stem. Place yielded about 10 tons of tomato's per day!

paper thorn

Veteran
thanks guys.
ReikoX ~ You'll like the project I've got going now. I've got 18 baby Tahoe OG x WhiteRussian/Blueberry and a dozen or so Blueberry x WhiteRussian/Blueberry.

I still have the last pics on my cam, i'll put them up one of these days.

The Bubbas in the NFT are looking good. the screen is mostly chopped.

You guys know that in AZ the MMJ law is 2 1/2 ozs in two weeks. that means that when you go to a dispensary they log the sale by weight to your DHS number. So if you buy 1 oz at Bloom disp, and 1 oz at PARC, and 1/2 at Oasis, then go to Swell within 2 weeks, Swell won't be able to sell you anything till after 2 1/2 weeks have passed since your purchase of 1 oz at Bloom.
Well Caregivers who have 5 patients can have 2 1/2 for each patient, but once you give your patients theirs, you theoretically can't have any more (besides your own 2 1/2 oz) for 2 weeks.
it gets a bit complicated. of course I know other patients besides my own, and the law allows for compensation of expenses but not for you labor to provide it.
I just help out a few old guys and some friends and fam, and try my best to stay within the spirit of the law. i try not to have any amount exceeding what i'm allowed, my multi- strain mashup grows with staggered harvest dates help.

of course then there's plant count, seedlings count. sucks if you're just trying to a large efficient mom hunt. Nature has helped me by destroying over half of my veg, and most of the strains that I just worked so hard to find last year.

M7 and my strong smelling C99 are gone. Ressurected from 8 years ago and lost again.

i'm looking for a keeper in the Tahoes, maybe the BB.

Double Triple ~ I'm going to modify the NFT set up just a little. make it a tad more streamlined, maybe i'll use a coco mat under the buckets.
I have 4 more buckets with rinsed clay balls just waiting... and waiting for some cuts to root.
The last 4 clones that rooted have died, they had great roots, i have some king of bug sucking the life out of my clones.
I always have trouble this time of year, because it's ridiculously hot. Monsoons may bring a bit of relief, but also risk of mold, got the top 6" of one fat bud full of budrot.

Oh, and those greenhouse guys pulling massive amounts of tomatoes off of a single plant, they keep lowering as they grow so they can reach it, they piss me off. Make me know just how much i suck.

I think i've decided on my method with the NFT and buckets, now if I can figure out the best way to light them.

!000s~~~~
I'm tired of running a 1 k and getting 3/4#. or 3K and getting a little over 2.

I've pulled 3 with 3 600s. ok, 2.9

and i got 1 1/4 from a 1k before, but not for a while. i know monocropping with good strains i've worked with helps.

sorry for the long post,
just gotta get this stuff figured out.
anyone think i should try those 315s?