What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

old school Afghani

Little pig

Seems like all the breeders list Afghans as earthy flavored.The ones I grew in the early nineties had a wide range of flavors sweet,super sweet hash,even licorice.They were delicious.I bought DNA’s pure Afghan about 8 years ago and made seeds.Ive only grown 2 females of pure Afghan and they were very different from one another.I think there is a lot of phenos in it.

Carraxe

Veteran
I am currently growing Uzbekistani IBL from CSI Humboldt. It is the most classic throwback indica I have seen in years. It may not be Afghani but it is from the same part of the world. It reminds me a lot of the killer Afghani I grew back in the late '80s/early '90s so I think it is the real deal which was what I was looking for. Allegedly it was bred from Cannabiogen's Tashkenti stock.

This old Taskenti from CBG is still the best, I've been growing and selecting them for years, I have a thread about it. But it is very different to any old Afghani. It is interesting that originally in Uzbekistan they used it for hash, so it is a legitimate hashplant.

Do you have pictures of your plants?

Cheers

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I recently got hold of Black Afghani from usc.

Canna-bill

Hey skunkfunk it's been a long time since I read a post of yours! We used to chat back in the day of sensi seeds forum, that used to be one hell of a forum, hope your well bud,
Alecky.

Som 2

This old Taskenti from CBG is still the best, I've been growing and selecting them for years, I have a thread about it. But it is very different to any old Afghani. It is interesting that originally in Uzbekistan they used it for hash, so it is a legitimate hashplant.

Do you have pictures of your plants?

Cheers
My camera is broken so I can't take any photos until I get a new one. My Uzbekistani is still in veg so I haven't seen it all the way through yet. I'm basing my statement on the smells coming off of it, the structure, and the fact that it has the widest, shortest leaves I've seen in ages. So far it fits my mental image of the classic old school indica that I used to grow but haven't seen in a long time.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Hey skunkfunk it's been a long time since I read a post of yours! We used to chat back in the day of sensi seeds forum, that used to be one hell of a forum, hope your well bud,
Alecky.

All well Alecky, blimey it’s been decades and really glad you’re still about too hope you’re well.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I am currently growing Uzbekistani IBL from CSI Humboldt. It is the most classic throwback indica I have seen in years. It may not be Afghani but it is from the same part of the world. It reminds me a lot of the killer Afghani I grew back in the late '80s/early '90s so I think it is the real deal which was what I was looking for. Allegedly it was bred from Cannabiogen's Tashkenti stock.
Yes.
I've been growing and smoking Magic Herbs' Taskenti f3s..
..they're now on discount, 12 seeds for under 30 euros
https://www.cannapot.com/shop/cannabis-seeds/magic-herbs/taskenti-f3_seeds.html

And these are clearly distantly related to the old school Maple Leaf-Afghanis Nevil used on his famous Super Skunk, Maple Leaf Indica, Black Domina and many more. Meaning some Uzbekistan genetics found their way to Mazar i Sharif/Balkh area and got mixed with local cultivars.
The hashish aroma on my Taskentis is very close to hash aroma on my Black Domina keeper (Ortega pheno) and on the Super kunk- and Afghan-T hybrids i've grown lately. The effect of my best Taskentis is also very close to my BD keeper, thou even abit more stoned.

Not all the phenos are super potent but some plants are very strong and relaxing.

Go buy some of these while the stock last!

Here are some of my Magic Herbs' Taskenti f3s. Plants are seeded.
..check out the frost on the male!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Biologist

I second the recommendation to try World of Seeds Afghan Kush.

https://www.seedsman.com/en/afghan-kush-seeds-world-of-seedsafghankush

I've been growing quite a bit of it and it's a vigorous and strong plant. It does feel like a true landrace strain, like it has just been recently removed from the wild. It made some really heavy and uniquely scented colas that we started drying today. Previous harvests of it were the same, and all seeds give the same phenotype.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I second the recommendation to try World of Seeds Afghan Kush.

https://www.seedsman.com/en/afghan-kush-seeds-world-of-seedsafghankush

I've been growing quite a bit of it and it's a vigorous and strong plant. It does feel like a true landrace strain, like it has just been recently removed from the wild. It made some really heavy and uniquely scented colas that we started drying today. Previous harvests of it were the same, and all seeds give the same phenotype.
Hi.
Do you have any pictures of your afghan kushes?
I'm asking cause i have grown two older generations of AK and those seeds had different phenos i them.

p59teitel

I apologize for the pics being out of order, but the uploading process here is inteesting, to say the least LOL

p59teitel

Pretty big and beefy plants from those small pots! Nice job and thanks for sharing

Are those Revel Ultima speakers? Sorry off topic but had to ask

The pots are 4 gallons. Oddly enough the plants weren’t rootbound - I was surprised to see how much room was left. Thinking next year I’ll double the size of the pots, as that will still be manageable to drag them inside.

Yes, Ultimate 2s. The room isn’t ideal for music with all that glass, but they play pretty well in there.