What's new

ok....Lets see them SOGs

Ligyron

:laughing:
Now, i know there are more sogs grows out there than this.lol

There no doubt are: but a SOG, by it's very nature, implies high(er) plant numbers -- which may make some folks a bit shy in posting pics. In fact, plant numbers were probably the main reason for the develpment of SCROG culture, which seems to have become much more popular overall.

Considering the number of SCROG's I've read about, many cleaverly hidden away in plain-sight disguised as something else entirely -- a lot of folks are being double carefull for whatever reason(s).

Otherwise, why would anyone go through all that trouble? IOW cut, carefully train plants, wire-up grids, lights, blowers, scrubbers etc., then camoflage this grow and all the accompanying paraphenalia inside as a piece of custom-built wall furniture no less?

That being said, I'd love to see more SOG pics and comments on this, my new favorite growing method. Really now, is there anything faster or higher yielding?

Cannarado

There no doubt are: but a SOG, by it's very nature, implies high(er) plant numbers -- which may make some folks a bit shy in posting pics. In fact, plant numbers were probably the main reason for the develpment of SCROG culture, which seems to have become much more popular overall.

That being said, I'd love to see more SOG pics and comments on this, my new favorite growing method. Really now, is there anything faster or higher yielding?

Quoted for truth. Numbers on plants are scary. Even with my laws fairly lax, i just feel much better safe then sorry.

Also, no - there is not a faster or higher yielding technique. No matter how you put it, SoG clearly is faster, but i always see higher yields. I will admit however, the yield advantage is slim.

I just personally like the fact its all nice fat cola's, and less maintanance. Many people that do large SOG's say its quite labor intensive still tho. Ether long hours cutting tons of clones, cleaning medium, setting back up, and standard trim time for X amount of bud, or fewer hours more often doing the same thing. And IMO, if i was doing SOG soil... no way. WAY to much work - Unless it was a nice large organic bed, i'd rock one outdoors greenhouse style. It'll be a 60+ Site 3x3 aerotable under a 600W for me when i set up. Then, do back to back rooms on a flip, two lbs every 8 weeks off one light :jump: Works for me lol.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Quoted for truth. Numbers on plants are scary. Even with my laws fairly lax, i just feel much better safe then sorry.

Also, no - there is not a faster or higher yielding technique. No matter how you put it, SoG clearly is faster, but i always see higher yields. I will admit however, the yield advantage is slim.

I just personally like the fact its all nice fat cola's, and less maintanance. Many people that do large SOG's say its quite labor intensive still tho. Ether long hours cutting tons of clones, cleaning medium, setting back up, and standard trim time for X amount of bud, or fewer hours more often doing the same thing. And IMO, if i was doing SOG soil... no way. WAY to much work - Unless it was a nice large organic bed, i'd rock one outdoors greenhouse style. It'll be a 60+ Site 3x3 aerotable under a 600W for me when i set up. Then, do back to back rooms on a flip, two lbs every 8 weeks off one light :jump: Works for me lol.

That is the problem with SOG'S, high plant numbers. You also have to able to maintain mums for high number of clones. You need a very reliable cloning method but apart from that I find them quite easy and not too much work. Put the clones straight on to 12/12, trim lateral growth and grow single colas. I find one big single cola easier to trim and with no veg time you can harvest in 6-8 weeks depending on the strain.

I've done SCROG'S and just find them messy but if plant numbers are an issue then that is a pretty good alternative.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
THIS IS PROBABLY THE MAIN PROBLEM FOR SOG'S, LOT'S OF CLONES, THIS IS A PRETTY STANDARD HORTICULTURAL TRAY, 350MM X 3OOMM. 70 CLONES IN SPHAGNUM MOSS. 90% TO 100% STRIKE RATE. GET THIS DIALED IN AND SOG'S AND GENERAL CLONING IS EASY.

picture.php

Cannarado

I agree that while its a lot of work, but that its fairly simple once you get it down. When i first built my cloner i got like 10 out of 40, now im getting at least 35. It seems like a lot, but just roll a blunt and start cuttin - before ya know it you're done with 100's of clones.

Also, i like that its kinda laborus because i like to be in the garden a lot.

UrbanAero

1-1000w liquid cooled on a light mover aeroponic S.O.G

1-1000w liquid cooled on a light mover aeroponic S.O.G

here it is, my latest and greatest. super silver haze, critical mass, bubba kush, black widow in this room. I have a mother for each of my 13 strains, Aeroponic cloning is the shit!. 40 plants under 1-1000w liquid cooled on a light mover. Cleanlyness is godlynes, these clones are only 5 weeks after cutting from mothers and are in week 2 of floweringm just starting pistols. Aeroponics is fast when done right.

Attachments

• P9270411.jpg
    P9270411.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 12
  • P9270412.jpg
    P9270412.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 7
  • P9270413.jpg
    P9270413.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 8
  • P9270415.jpg
    P9270415.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 11
  • P9270416.jpg
    P9270416.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 10
  • P9270420.jpg
    P9270420.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 10
  • P9270418.jpg
    P9270418.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12

Herborizer

Veteran
here it is, my latest and greatest. super silver haze, critical mass, bubba kush, black widow in this room. I have a mother for each of my 13 strains, Aeroponic cloning is the shit!. 40 plants under 1-1000w liquid cooled on a light mover. Cleanlyness is godlynes, these clones are only 5 weeks after cutting from mothers and are in week 2 of floweringm just starting pistols. Aeroponics is fast when done right.

Damn! Awesome setup. Skills.

Latest posts

Latest posts