What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ojd's take on the cup

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you need to buy them from the shop only(the dont send them out)

but i read a flyer at the cup saying they are going to be stocking other outlets who already stock the dna seeds
i wanted to get the purple wreck but didnt get round to the shop this time
next time for sure

B

British_Bulldog

tenfeetofganja said:
amsterdam cant even get a good kush or trainwreck cut

tenfeet - I agree that it's weird how coffeeshops Amsterdam and other parts of the Netherlands don't sell bud of good American clones, but your statement should read "Amsterdam doesn't even have a good Kush or TW cut", because I'm sure some growers in the Netherlands have access to good US cuts, but it's strange how the bud isn't being sold??

Ok, that's cuttings, and not too hard to sort out, but commercially available seeds are even easier, and I've never seen C99 or Apollo 11 in any of the coffeeshops either - maybe someone around here knows otherwise, but I've never heard of it.

Very very strange imo, especially since it's ironic that the Dutch got their original genetics from the States, and have just re-worked those for the last 20 years rather than bringing in better cuttings from the States, e.g. Cali strains, NY Diesel, etc

Hmmm, just thinking about coffeeshops full with pristine samples of the world's best clones, and how cool that would be, but why isn't it already the case??

Maybe we're just connoisseurs and want the best, and most other smokers around the world will accept any old crap in NL?!

Time for some reform I think, but will it happen?...we can only live in hope, lol

and HT....I won't even go there - what a joke!

Peace

G

Yes, reform. Any more ripoffs of the Clone-only strains from CA is just more BS....

OK, so, everyone has "proven" how all the biggies were ripoffs.... G13 X Haze (Which is not that wonderful of a strain, on its' own G13) is supposedly Reef's...

SSH supposedly Shanti/Mr. Nice.....

I won't even go further with the rumours. The Half-truths.
I was offerred nothing, but every c'shop wants my clones. They offerred me nothing, I repeat. Why on Earth would I want to share anything...? So I could say I was 'cool..? The c'shop would win the cup, then disavow all knowledge of anyone offerring the cut originally.

Ah, bugger it all... Itza joke.

IF the growers of NL had the original cuts, believe u me, they would get it to the c'shops. It would stand out so much....

I still did not see any buds with full calyx development. Including all the DNA 'strains....'

Also obvious was that all the rooms were overwarm (greedy growers - too many lights). Not enough spent on ventilation.

None, if any flush on most of it, and chemmy nutes. Other than that the pot's great in Holland.

But, even though it was a great time, I think I am done with the Cup for a few years. If it is not over anyways..... Tired of all the whining and politicking. And my throat may never be the same.

Sorry, but --------> SNorCal ruuuuuuules the airwaves...
All y'all Nederpot / tobacco smokers drool.

Hay Soos ! The national pastime of the Nederlands..... Quit smoking Tobacco, Dutchies... Pretty - tall - chilly Dutch Girls all of a sudden take on an ugly look as they suck that poison into their beautiful lungs...

By the time 2 weeks was over, I was COMPLETELY over the tobacco pollution. It;s ridiculous. Such a resourceful nationality, but...

A quality-of-life issue.

Almost as bad as Spain.

B

British_Bulldog

Hi icy,

It's true it's very popular to smoke (cigarettes) here in Europe and I hate it as much as you do, especially in coffeeshops when I want to enjoy a good joint of herb.

When I was in the Netherlands recently, and in Eindhoven, everyone was using tobacco with their bud/hash, and there was only me rolling pure joints.

I think you're off base about the NL growers not having access to the good Cali cuts, because I think some of them do, but I can't figure out why there's no bud being sold.

Think about my other example too - Bros Grimm sold many thousands of A11 and C99 seeds, two great strains, which ironically again came from NL, which came from Cali, lol, but I've never heard of A11 or C99 bud being sold in NL - they could have quite legally bought these seeds from Heavens Stairway UK.

Now think about the UK Cheese cut - that's an elite cut and available in coffeeshops, but why not other elites??

How hard do you think it would be for people in NL to get a med user in Cali, who has access to elite cuts in the med clubs, to get a clone shipped over? Not that hard.

The crux of it is that the coffeeshops don't need to as so long as it's decriminalised, they don't have to up their game, as there'll always be a stream of people willing to accept second best.

It's a shame that it's like that, but you must also remember that the reason you've been smoking all the chemmy crappy pot is because you were in Amsterdam, and you can find much better herb in coffeeshops in other parts of NL.

For example, the Silver Haze I smoked recently in 'The Wall' coffeeshop in Eindhoven was very good herb - well grown, a fairly decent flush, not an overly chemmy taste, and a good high that lasted over 3 hours - Good herb, and I don't say that lightly.

The price outside A'dam is cheaper too, like 7-8 Euros a gram for a good indica, and 10-12 Euros a grams for a good up high from a sat dom hybrid.

Also, if you also check out my gallery, you will see what you can get for around 10 Euros a gram in terms of highgrade Moroccan hash in Eindhoven...

Maybe you don't want to visit A'dam again for a while, and who could blame you with the poor quality smoking material there, but if you were to make a little tour of some of the other towns and cities in NL, I'm sure you would change your mind about "Nederpot", as you put it.

I appreciate you've got high standards, and many American smokers have, but please don't tar all Dutch weed with the same brush until you've tried it, thanks.

Peace

Last edited:
G

OK, I did try a few growers private stashes, however..... Not bad, just not elite strains.

wick650

I bet DNA's "reserva 18" is their kush 18, that was @ the Grey Area. Sorry but that kush 18 was some pretty wack O.G kush.

B

British_Bulldog

Hi icy,

At least you've tried some better herb in NL, that's a good start, and next you should do a tour of NL and sample some good hash and herb, as well as checking out the cultural aspects of NL too. For the herb/hash, I recommend doing your research first on www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com

We do smoke good herb in Europe sometimes too...honest, lol

Peace

G

BB, Was my 12th trip to AMS. Been all around the country, just not this time. I am sure there is good herb in EU, obviously not in the C'shops.... But what I saw was consistently not finished off. Starting out with washed-up misclaimed genetics does not help...

Yarkand

British_Bulldog said:
Hi icy,

It's true it's very popular to smoke (cigarettes) here in Europe and I hate it as much as you do, especially in coffeeshops when I want to enjoy a good joint of herb.

When I was in the Netherlands recently, and in Eindhoven, everyone was using tobacco with their bud/hash, and there was only me rolling pure joints.

I think you're off base about the NL growers not having access to the good Cali cuts, because I think some of them do, but I can't figure out why there's no bud being sold.

Think about my other example too - Bros Grimm sold many thousands of A11 and C99 seeds, two great strains, which ironically again came from NL, which came from Cali, lol, but I've never heard of A11 or C99 bud being sold in NL - they could have quite legally bought these seeds from Heavens Stairway UK.

Now think about the UK Cheese cut - that's an elite cut and available in coffeeshops, but why not other elites??

How hard do you think it would be for people in NL to get a med user in Cali, who has access to elite cuts in the med clubs, to get a clone shipped over? Not that hard.

The crux of it is that the coffeeshops don't need to as so long as it's decriminalised, they don't have to up their game, as there'll always be a stream of people willing to accept second best.

It's a shame that it's like that, but you must also remember that the reason you've been smoking all the chemmy crappy pot is because you were in Amsterdam, and you can find much better herb in coffeeshops in other parts of NL.

For example, the Silver Haze I smoked recently in 'The Wall' coffeeshop in Eindhoven was very good herb - well grown, a fairly decent flush, not an overly chemmy taste, and a good high that lasted over 3 hours - Good herb, and I don't say that lightly.

The price outside A'dam is cheaper too, like 7-8 Euros a gram for a good indica, and 10-12 Euros a grams for a good up high from a sat dom hybrid.

Also, if you also check out my gallery, you will see what you can get for around 10 Euros a gram in terms of highgrade Moroccan hash in Eindhoven...

Maybe you don't want to visit A'dam again for a while, and who could blame you with the poor quality smoking material there, but if you were to make a little tour of some of the other towns and cities in NL, I'm sure you would change your mind about "Nederpot", as you put it.

I appreciate you've got high standards, and many American smokers have, but please don't tar all Dutch weed with the same brush until you've tried it, thanks.

Peace

All what you speak is the truth man....i live here and the weed outside amsterdam in a few select shops is of much higher quality just like the SSH you mentioned. Then again your other point is spot on....they dont have to up their game cause many people still buy the crap being sold !

I live here and it makes me really upset....to be honest got into the whole scene around a year ago for a few moths cause i really tried to hang with these people who grow and sell to the coffee shops (well actually a seed company i know but wont mention). I came in with a huge smile and positive vibes finally figured out none of that belongs in this business
:badday: I mean their selling powdery mildew weed....shitty shitty oil that i made for them 2 (so i know what that shite was!!!!!sry made 3 batches and got out of there)..they ended up being mixed with lower class isolator and made into bubble hash...they dont care its all about the money so i left !

The privada #18 was probably P.Wreck the seeds i even passed some clones to that company and they probably passed that on!

and here is that oil

Good clean my oil

Heres the oil i made for them with their stock

Im very upset with what is happening down here to the point im maybe thinking of moving to Spain :badday:

REFORM

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
icysurfer said:
OK, I did try a few growers private stashes, however..... Not bad, just not elite strains.

We have been smoking my Ogkush , super silver haze ,amnesia ,mental floss and lifesaver.....why do some people think that if they smoked Amsterdam coffeeshops weed , it is suppose to be the best weed of holland?

Last edited:

Queso

correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure its amnesia coffeeshop seeds... sold only from the coffeeshop...

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm pretty shure its this amnesia haze you are talking about :wink:...and she's quite a sublime smoke....not to metion the Mental floss :headbange
i'm very shure you guys had some nice tokes... :joint:

1284720_november_2007_11_.JPG

1284720_november_2007_9_.JPG

G

Other than the BLUEBERRY HAZE at THE NOON, Killah-Dillah, I saw no finished buds, in the coffeeshops, and the people I hung with....

As an example, the Cheese phenos I run (3 BBC phenos, all available through Big Buddah) and one of the original UK Clone - smoke 100% better than almost any I tried in AMS, private growers, as well (BB;s was good, however).

I am enjoying mine now, without ANY throat burn, headache, small crappy buds, etc..... Even with a cold virus, the smoke goes down smooth.... After sitting in a plastic bag for 17 days, yet....

Growing "Kushage," or the like, is one of what I call "toy-strains" (same genetics switched around in myriad ways, none of which are the claimed cuts - like the OG Kush supposedly in Kushage, MkUltra, and on and on, down to the strains now blatantly called OGK in the seed shops).

What is held up as superior smoke in Holland is "mids." Occasionally something good comes through......

Someone gets lucky strainwise, but it usually needs 4-6 more days, a good cooling system, Organic Nutes, and a good flush.

Please try not to get all worked up when someone calls a Spade a Spade.....
It is just my opinion.

But for posterity's sake, I publish these controversial concepts...

Until one sees with ones' own eyes and one's own lungs, one never knows what here is to grow.

Trainwreck, i.e. is an oldddddd "has-been" already in Norcal.

That is my point.

Life is all about personal growth, learning and improving. When the ears are closed it is a little death.

Last edited:

maverick

"old has been" maybe it is icy but it was as good or better than what I was getting in the shops there in A'dam....in fact there were times that I had wished that I had brought me a stash of my own!!!!!!!

duzt

amsterdam is where they send all their schwag in the netherlands from what I can tell. I always have thought the quality sucks in general with the occasional good bud. Haarlem had some amazing herb on the other hand. A little place there called thee huise or something like that had some incredible smoke. There was also some very good herb in Utrecht. Too many tourists in AD that think anything is good because they don't know better so it will always be harder to find good herb. Mellow yellow, amnesia, bluebird, bush doctor have always seemed to have at least 1 good strain but I am always surprised at the low quality there though compared to other cities coffeeshops in the nl.

Latest posts

Latest posts