What's new

ojd pops hunts down the haze

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ta BigHerb...Howz the Hazes wit you at the mo'?
The 1st(bloom-shot) and 3rd(dry buds) pics in my last post were of A8(just my own code) one of the keepers that has the incense smell and initial flavour along with a Dank only slightly sweet skunk1 smell and taste and blooms for 13wks or so....The Hazey/incense smell is there when burnt and when you squeeze a bud also but skunk there also....The first taste is Incense Haze but it has Skunky aftertatse that endures on the tongue-kinda like some SSH can be and yeilds good too...if that means anything to u.
The high is very racy but not para,but she's more than a daytime smoke unless you are a creative type.Very sticky resin! She is from F1 gen!
The 2nd pic was B7 a 14wk blooming more citrus and spicey slightly(sweet)Skunky girl(very Thai/Laos) and also a keeper. She has no Incense at all in her smell and is predominantly Spicey in taste....
She has the more social,longlasting,no ceiling kinda high that I prefer slightly to A8(but I like both
a lot). She takes ages to root from a cutting tho' which is a pain :dunno:She came from the small amount of f2's a friend made and he selected her from 23 or so girls.He got 2 vigorous boys that we have yet to test :whistling:
We found 2 Incensey girls amongst 30 or so f1's and 2 in the f2's (between 4 of us in diff grows).
They all had varying Skunkyness in them as well as its a hybrid.
As far as The OHaze goes IME...It was not too hard to find incense and pissy traits in the F.D. and Seedsman ones from a few years back.....Not sure about now!
The Thunk had no incense types amongst the few we've tried she is deffo much more Thai/Charas/Skunky.....:smokeit:
Luck'n'Lumens JBo ;]

bigherb

Veteran
londinium

been flyin high dolo im hazed up

im comin to understand more of the pure sativa experience and now understand the effects many ot's know and love the strong but clear focused awake high of sativas .id always perfer somthin knockout or narcotic type but too hav such effects on the mind n body without nodding out or fallin out wit tv on is special .

your detailed report is truly much appreciated especially all the references to incense traits

it seems the incense trait is apparent in the line just not so common ,ime mns sk/hz i went 2 for 2 females and still got the whole pk .wit one pheno expressing incense, catpiss, traits yield less, faster finish then the 2nd pheno resembling jack herrer expressing peppery lemon wit almost twice the yield a less desirable taste but more of a body stone effect .as ive said nevs is my favorite the most incense like nothin sweet about her leaves the room smellin like church last L shared wit a friend left him chinese n unable too give me a description after finishing the L he was stupified.

As far as The OHaze goes IME...It was not too hard to find incense and pissy traits in the F.D. and Seedsman ones from a few years back.....Not sure about now!

very interesting obviously recognized and reported ,after all that i must repeat again im really hopin that sams will speak on the incense trait in the ohaze line

in your experience which would you say is the superior smoke of all those ohaze/hybrids ?
ive currently been eyein seedman ohaze i understand its reported to be from older sams stock

1luvbigherb

true grit

Veteran
I'm stoked to watch this one OJD!!! I'm loving all your work that I have right now. Can't wait to see you having some fun with these!

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hiya BH.as far as OHaze and hybrids go the ones I liked best were best pheno's of Seedsman OHaze(usually 15wk or more-incense,spice and some fruit)Very creative weed...
...and the best pheno's of Thunk are bloody Outstanding(Citrus,brown sugar,spices and slightly incense but not Frankie and not catpissy at all but crap yeild).
I do also love the B7 OHSk1(SamS) keeper in previous pics that was more Thai than Lumbo/Mex as it has zero ceiling and mad Tangy,zestyness...But like ya good self and OJD I do love the Frankincense smell in my Hazes so she is the only one I keep with no incense present.
But bottom line my holygrail of yet to find Ganja tastes and flavours is the Rootbeer Haze Sam told me about in a reply to me asking about his Fave HazeBros Haze's. Can you Imagine Rootbeer and Incense with a little citrus all in the Same Haze Lady...Now thats what I'm talkin about! :biggrin::smokeit: JBo ;] :tumbleweed:

Justa6655321

Veteran
I JUST chopped a my biggest haze plant I have and by far the best...I mean i chopped her for bud two days ago. But i saved her for a mom and am going to try and reveg her. Great tangy pineny smell...like a deep lemon zest. Dont know exaclty where she came from just marked SSH...I'll take some pics of whats left of her and post tomorrow

Londin....i would kill for some rootbeer haze!!!!

Justa6655321

Veteran
Just looking around ICM there seems to be a rebirth of interest in Haze....

I'm very interested in the development of this thread.

bigherb

Veteran
Londinium

as far as OHaze and hybrids go the ones I liked best were best pheno's of Seedsman OHaze(usually 15wk or more-incense,spice and some fruit)Very creative weed...

your advice is appreciated ive been eyein seedmans ohaze ,now im gonna hav too add her too the vault
id really love to have and hear more about reeferman's haze bros haze it sounds spot on .

and the best pheno's of Thunk are bloody Outstanding(Citrus,brown sugar,spices and slightly incense but not Frankie and not catpissy at all but crap yeild).

thunk is a beauty and sounds exotic she had me interested since those thunk trees/monsters pics ,surprised to hear she didnt yield for ya

But bottom line my holygrail of yet to find Ganja tastes and flavours is the Rootbeer Haze Sam told me about in a reply to me asking about his Fave HazeBros Haze's. Can you Imagine Rootbeer and Incense with a little citrus all in the Same Haze Lady...Now thats what I'm talkin about!

its reported that the colombian gold is known for those rootbeer phenos ,reefermans love potion is reported to have root beer phenos ,his LP used a smcg .

being of the younger generation ,colombian gold has always been on top of my most wanted list for many reasons including the reported incense traits, and obvious resemblence to neville haze in growth . heads up Reef was suppose to drop pure smcg bin's at the farm .

Rootbeer and Incense with a little citrus all in the Same Haze Lady now thats a combo sounds like samuel adams special blend lol

But like ya good self and OJD I do love the Frankincense smell in my Hazes so she is the only one I keep with no incense present

i understand

the most shady frankie baby

as reef ,l33t and most will say pure haze anint practical in my eyes thats just their opinion

1luvbigherb

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Herb..Yeah the Thunk not yeiding may be my fault I dont always dial 'em in(But nearly Always lol).But she is special in the high dept.
Thanks for the tip about Reef and the Rootbeer I will make my enquiries.....
I can't help with a pure Colombian(my Landrace Experience,work and collection has been mostly Africa,India and asia)but I have a cut of ExodusCheese x ColombianGold that I am just starting to bloom teat as we speak.Came from a good friend in UK..not sure where CG came from but will find out if I can....He says it has totally dank original smells in there so I am hopeful...JBo ;]
PS.Exotic LongBloom Sativa's like Haze are always practical once in your Jar.... LOL.

l33t

Veteran
hi ojd

hows it going mate? seems your having a good time with all this haze

any updates on the young hazes?

really nice thread cant wait to see what you find

bigherb,

well I do consider pure haze to be less practical than other plants but this applies mostly when we talk about indoor gardens and esp indoor rooms with low wattage and small grow area , ..On the other hand outdoors and haze do mix and very well if esp you are not far from the equator/tropics,
Of course for most commercial grower pure haze is far from practical but for someone who grows for personal consumption and is after a potent trippy heady high it sure is practical ;)

so imo it all depends on what perspective one sees things from..and what are the priorities, abilities and limitations of the grower.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all
yeah L33t im a haze fanatic,

no pics as of yet but final count of seeds above ground are
9 nl5haze
20 nevils haze
5 sams skunkx haze or haze x skunk im not sure on which way the cross is

1 nl5haze didnt pop
2 nevils didnt pop
5 sams either didnt pop or poped and then nothing

so i added another strain to the mix
reefermans haze brothers haze
i dropped them into water friday night and transferred them to a plate with tissue to wait for tails, il then transplant them and put some pics up of them when i got my final number
so this is really going to be alot of fun

il take pics today or tomorow to really start the show off

peace

J

jaded1

Sounds interesting,nl5/haze is still the best smoke i ever tried.A mate used to have a pheno that he used to take at 14 1/2 weeks,was like smoking trippy opium!Hope the seeds are the same as the older ones(this was late nineties).
Good luck with the hunt

bigherb

Veteran
l33t

sup unc

much respect always

so imo it all depends on what perspective one sees things from..and what are the priorities, abilities and limitations of the grower.

my point exactly and most perspective had led to many lost legends ,now im the needle in the haystack but if i had the ability as many many growers /breeders such as reef who has vancover island/gh's .it would be my priority to preserve/spread original haze the most famous cannabis strain of all time that we dont even have a good representation of, its non exsistant in dam cs ,cali is stuck on kush n seems to hav forgot about haze.

many have the opportunity its just not priority to them ,look at the og's in cali n rotterdam many still grow the same strains of yesteryear caz of the special qualities ,how did one of the most special dissapear .

im excited now its a haze hunt

since ive heard of her ive been waiting too see a grow/smoke report

this has always intrigued me how this is the only haze on the market that has the haze bros name and the description is one of the best/closest of taste/aromas im familiar wit in haze

1luvbigherb

l33t

Veteran
hi bigherb

I know you are interested in trying different haze lines and i would like to make a comment. Before you judge any of the pure haze or haze hybrid lines is to grow a descent amount of seeds of each. Meaning at least 20-40 seeds (roughly 10-20 females) of each line.

Judging a strain from only one or just few plants is not good esp with such lines that are unstable and only few individuals may be holding the qualities the line became famous for. So if you don't find what you are looking for in a pure Haze or Haze hybrid line , reserve your judgment till you will have sampled enough plants from the line.

good luck with your quest!

bigherb

Veteran
l33t

sup unc

ohh how i wish i was a hippy baby or had few acres in cali

my priorities r straight just very very strict limitations LOL

much thanks
i do fully understand this its rare to find that representation that were all looking for ,as for my situation i havnt persued this quest .maybe one day in the future i will hav the opportunity to have my own haze hunt

just with nyc haze som church then som hay i kno how it goes
but i truly i understood
after my last grow with the purple wreck only one seed i had last year was all round higher quality then this recent harvest of 5 diff strains soo i now understand from first hand experience that selection is key and we should be thankful for som discovered elite clones

this is one of the reason i was neva really interested in growing any of our available pure haze offerings but after my exp wit neville haze ,momma dukes recognizes that incense smell that makes me proud ,now i got an itch a haze twitch that wont stop

1luvbigherb

SiriusA

Whats up ojd... very interested in your project here... what do you plan on doin with it? for me, some of the best smoke lately and even in the remote past has been haze/chem crosses.. JJ's DHaze stomped DNA's Sour Cream IMO.. Swerve is workin with a jamaican and we both know what he plans on doin with that... You obviously are fond of Rez's SSSDH which i have yet to grow out... anyway's, I wish you the best... and can't wait to see what comes of this and hopefully soon I'll get a chance to run some of your gear!

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all
peace

ojd, could you take some extra pics of this offerin when it gets goin in veg, would like to see early veg shots for comparison, and before flower.

and of course flower shots. ill keep close watch bro, wont be for not.

enjoy the haze myself,
CBF

S

shushslo

here's 3 samples of my sams ohxsk1.They all smell very similar(light citrus/woody)...

Biggest yielder,not so branchy.I think she will be ready in her 12w.

This one is also not very branchy and less yielding girl than #1.Also around 12w pheno...

This one is only one that is more on o.haze side.She will need +14w...branchy girl:D