What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OHIO ISSUE #2 IS BEING GUTTED, HELP

couchlockd

Ok I'm an old member here, was very active in 2006-2013.

Anyway I live in Ohio, we passed recreational;
•2.5 oz on person
•15g concentrate
•6 plants per adult. Max 12 per House

Now it's being raped in the state house through house bills and whatnot

I'm asking, what can I do to stop this? I know this sounds arrogant, one person stopping it. But I don't expect to stop it myself. More so what can I get started or how can I help issue 2 stay the way we voted it?

They want to eliminate home growing all together
Limit THC percentage to something retarded low.
Only a handful of dispensaries, making it easier to actually go to Michigan for most people due to driving distance
No possession allowed only private, has to be transported like a firearm in its original unopened container out of reach.
And they are writing new punishment for my breaking the rules

We can't let this happen. I don't know what to do, where do I start?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I lived in Akron most of my life. Politics has always been pretty fucking corrupt there. Left over from the days of the Industrial Revolution and all the rubber shops and tire factories.

Goodyear alone had over 60,000 employees, all giving their share to the unions, the local tax man and anyone else who could get their hands into the blue collar pockets. The strippers were as bad as the politicians. LOL

Still, don't bitch. It's doesn't look that bad. No home grow would totally suck. And, they want that because there's no money for them in home grow. But, the compromise looks like LIMITED home grow and that would be fine. I moved from Ohio to SoCal a few years ago and we have the 12 plant limit as well. 6?? 12?? No diff to me since I usually have 15 to 30 plants growing. Most cops would be embarrassed to bust someone for over the limit home grow. Be like giving a ticket for J walking on a country road. LOL As long as it NOT FOR SALE.

So, if you get the compromise of 6 plants, just run with it. A no grow would suck beyond the stars but it doesn't look like they are going to get it.

I still talk regular with my grow buddies back in why oh why Ohio (LOL). They all think this sucks but it might not be so bad.

Hey! It's better than what I had there for 50 years of growing. I risked loosing my home for growing 6 plants. LOL

Let's just hope they don't just overrule the entire fucking thing. Sometimes I wonder why we even bother to vote any more in this country.

Well good luck and I hope it goes in our favor.

couchlockd

No man it's absolutely terrible if it goes through with what they want how do you think they're going to try to limit THC percentage in bud?

Interesting with all the change to make it leaves open a lot of areas for them to start sticking different language in there like testing THC level of marijuana with people who are caught with it and then yelling them based on THC percentage you know it leaves things open for that kind of interpretation and changing.

No home girl out your possession amounts are next to nothing and then I bet you they're going to make it real real hard on you as far as jail time goes if you get caught with something that didn't come from a dispensary which is absolute fucking bullshit

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
States change laws to get their piece or alter laws based on their personal moral shortcomings. You guys spoke by voting for what you wanted, now they are changing it regardless of the vote. The few outweigh the wants of the many. Having the right people in those positions of power matters. You would need to organize and let people know what they are doing in your state. The thing they fear the most is losing that power.

mike-or-ozzy

No man it's absolutely terrible if it goes through with what they want how do you think they're going to try to limit THC percentage in bud?

Interesting with all the change to make it leaves open a lot of areas for them to start sticking different language in there like testing THC level of marijuana with people who are caught with it and then yelling them based on THC percentage you know it leaves things open for that kind of interpretation and changing.

No home girl out your possession amounts are next to nothing and then I bet you they're going to make it real real hard on you as far as jail time goes if you get caught with something that didn't come from a dispensary which is absolute fucking bullshit

yup, forcing peeps to buy disp rubbish.
Best of luck to you folks.

numberguy

Till the house and the senate agree on a bill, you are just whinning. As of this moment what was voted on is the law period. start your twelve plants go out in public with 2.5 oz's if you like. Cultivation of up to 200 grams in ohio has been a misdemeaner for quite a few years now. Call or write your house representitive to state your position, they are the ones who kept it as voted on and are more reasonable.

couchlockd

Till the house and the senate agree on a bill, you are just whinning. As of this moment what was voted on is the law period. start your twelve plants go out in public with 2.5 oz's if you like. Cultivation of up to 200 grams in ohio has been a misdemeaner for quite a few years now. Call or write your house representitive to state your position, they are the ones who kept it as voted on and are more reasonable.
Well we don't have to call it "whining" and he judgemental or try to fault me for having concern.

This is a big deal for me, I want freedom. Was just looking for avenues to try to get out voice heard.

I'm aware of the decrim and cultivation laws in Ohio as well as of right now the law we voted in, is in fact law and it's legal. But if you know Ohio, and what's going on and how things have always went in this state, it's as good as reversed.

I hope it doesn't go that way, and I'll get my ass out and protest or try to organize.

moose eater

•2.5 oz on person
•15g concentrate

I'm asking, what can I do to stop this? I know this sounds arrogant, one person stopping it. But I don't expect to stop it myself. More so what can I get started or how can I help issue 2 stay the way we voted it?

Only a handful of dispensaries, making it easier to actually go to Michigan for most people due to driving distance
No possession allowed only private, has to be transported like a firearm in its original unopened container out of reach.

Contact any local persons who have the direct ear of Marijuana Policy Project (if they're still up and running), NORML (if they're still up and about), and any public service legal offices that work for under-funded persons, especially in public interest cases.

Contact your local State ACLU chapter and ask for a mtg with an attorney for a consultation.

That's to start.

Contact the group that sponsored the initiative in the beginning and see what their plans are. Maybe you can volunteer for/with them.

There's always the option of starting your own political action committee, but that's sometimes a lot of headaches with a LOT of likely or probable paperwork for accounting and accountability to your local pertinent state office(s)

I Care

Majority of people think that the limit is more than the statute says. Then the few people I talk to that are actually growing know the law but say that there is no real reason to worry about the limit. I don’t live alone on the property so I wouldn’t go over growing.

@couchlockd I really wouldn’t worry so much, just grow and enjoy that. I wish that things weren’t all screwed up where I am from. They do not want law abiding citizens to grow. It’s a serious criminal offense of manufacturing a schedule 1 substance, while I’m sure they won’t lock you away like you would get locked away if they had pictures of a crack pot on your stove. You would lose your garden and your equipment if they ever came to your home with a warrant. It’s stupid cause the first time I grew indoor, it was better than what I know the medical dispensaries are growing. I also know these “professionals” were clueless about how to grow in the south. The same tycoons that have been going state to state. They’re morons, grow in greenhouses and they added chillers trying to flower in the summer. That’s fucking stupid, add water to cool a humid greenhouse in a tropical environment. Growing weed below the quality you could find on street corners in the mid 2000s and maybe up until 2013 when all the bunk pc outdoor started arriving on the east coast in mass quantities.

Just don’t get your head wrapped up in the money grab aspect of it, respect your independent growers. Do it the way it’s been done since before the political trends. Share the small batch home grown type flavors. You still have to lock your doors but at least you won't get wrapped up in the courts anymore. You will end up with shops that are some dazzling pot fashion boutique that are like a green rush type of place. Then there will be a shop loaded with cultivars that stand out among the rest. Maybe if they can’t grow high THC there will be a group of people that focus on growing the best flavors.

I Care

•2.5 oz on person
•15g concentrate

We need to put it back on the ballot as a constitutional amendment (like issue 1 was) then they can't change the law. Looking into whether any groups are spearheading anything like this would be a starting point from an individual level. Contacting your rep now while they're trying to change this can help. Someone has to listen to all of those calls and allegedly they backed off of trying to eliminate homegrow in that emergency session bc of public outcry. Last I saw they were trying to go down to 6 plants. Just remember this has been a multi-decade long battle and they're finally on the backfoot with us passing issue 2. We can keep pushing.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am not sure how reliable ballotpedia is but here is some interesting info. $6 million spent to get it passed and only 400k to oppose. LOL And, look who donated the money. All owners of the major growers.

Can we officially call all these major commercial growers the "American Cartel" yet?

Here is the actual text of the law. Simply reading this 7 pages will provide more knowledge and a better understanding than watching the news or listening to friends online or at the bar. It's only 7 pages.

Enjoy