What's new

OH x SK1 - Breeding for Sativa/Landrace (P1) Seedstock

Chiefin

Thanks for posting your results, very informative. Glad I found this thread as I just (finally) popped my freebees. Subbed and can't wait to see more!

:thank you:

B

Bag

very interesting thread. keep it up, hope i can score a pack of those old freebies 1 day.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Very interesting project, Haze x Skunk is probably my favourite new school commercial "sativa" hybrid ever made! I think even nowadays you can keep finding some gold there if you make good big selections! You can see the potential is definitely still there... lol.

Amazing old lines you collected, most in Mexico and South America, isn't it? Those are some treasures for real. Tricky think will be waking them up. Sometimes I have to pray even for 10+ year old seeds and I haven't been really lucky! It's the never ending story. So try to reproduce them before they get too old to even sprout! haha.

I hope you will be lucky with them, I love oldschool strains and I'm always curious to see some different stuff!

Vibes.

Lisdexik

Feels good to be back!

Feels good to be back!

Thanks Guys :)

Glad to see there is still activity here.... It's been a while since I've been around.

I haven't grown OHxSK1 since I last posted, but I have been wrapping up other projects none the less.

I've worked hard to refine/preserve Mr. Greengene's (RIP) Cherry Bomb the last few months - I was lucky enough to recieve A LOT of seed to start with, and have made enough select seed for endless P1 stock to pull from...

I can't say enough about Mr G's work with this Maui Wowie line (circa 77). She is an F22+ IBL that true breeds for potency and more! Try finding F22 P1 material with more vigor than some "F1" seed available today..... This makes perfect father material in landrace crosses (provides a genetic control from which a grower can truly bounce landrace mother plants off of to coax expression!!!!)

CB will not only be perfect father material to tame my OHxSk1 F4's for indoor cultivation when they are complete, but they also carry clear genome similarities with most other landrace mexican lines I have seen or grown. The potential for positive (and negative...) genetic recombination of old world traits in (Mex. Landrace x CB), are worth investigation....

In order to "reverse engineer" unique landrace traits of pre-indica import plants, we as a community should strive to keep our heirloom old-world lines pure, but we must also experimentally hybridize lines of similar geographic origin to not only preserve what "accessible seed diversity" remains, but also to coax out recessive traits through experimentation so we can provide ourselves with insight into the unrecorded genetic history and temporal selection of cannabis genes.

If only we could form a network to return seeds to geographic origin to understand how phenotypical change from variations of grow environment (physical) are being expressed in our grow rooms today. ??

CB Pics