What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oh NO!!!! My car died:(

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
I won't even say how he treated me when I called him and told him I was stranded...lets just say I wasn't proud.

Come on PBT....it wasn't her fault bro...:noway:

It's a frustrating situation for sure, but no need to make things worse or say things we will regret.

Hope you get it squared quickly Miss B. :joint:

R

randude101

My wife insisted on buying a used Explorer instead of a new one. Believe me, I have bought enough used shit to know better. Against all my pressure she insisted on buying this Used Explorer. I gave in. So when she called me at work and told me that it wouldn't start I was very pissed. I am at work, a half hour from where she is at, minimum (the nail salon). I go to tell my friend what happened... She has power, instrument lights, head lights, etc, but no power to turn over. I need to go see. So he says, "Have her wiggle the automatic transmission shifter". Bingo, it occurred to me, in fact one time I was driving the thing I had to do it, and I told her about it too. Anyway, I called her, she wiggled it and it started.

So men get pissed about all kinds of things. We will figure out why a car won't start where a lady will call us to get to where they are at to figure out what is wrong with it. That is why I say that women should pay to have roadside assistance. Takes the pressure off of the guy. Not that I couldnt leave work and goof off all day anytime I ever wanted anyway. It is just a matter of principle.

Typically a starter and a solenoid are one item these days. You replace one to replace both. Just a wear and tear item on a car. One of the reasons to have road side assistance for a chick. My wife has it. I don't.

my dad owns a starter and alternator shop he sells solenoid and starters serparate or together along with regulators on the alternator. he tests them out and if its just that for a problem he will do it that way. rebuilds or new ones he does all. if you have any questions about starters or alternators i will do my best to help u just pm me