What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oger Kush seeds

idiit

Veteran
here's a pic. of one of the oger kush females flowering. Plant taken from small 315 cmh flowering area to shop area for picture taking.

picture.php

the leaves are narrower than the oger kush males I used for pollen collection.

The branches are not spindly. they are strong.

three branches look to have taken successfully taken oger kush pollen for sum future baby ogers (white square price tag).

the plants suffered root aphids and root aphid treatment (organic and synthetic pyretherins). this severly stunted their growth for quite a while but they have recovered nicely.

the smell is no longer "banana foundation". it is a nice lemony scent.

frost is starting to accumulate and I will post more pics as they develop.

I am an outdoor grower; guerilla grows. I only grow indoors for test runs, seeds, clones, etc....

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
here's a pic. of one of the oger kush females flowering. Plant taken from small 315 cmh flowering area to shop area for picture taking.

View Image

the leaves are narrower than the oger kush males I used for pollen collection.

The branches are not spindly. they are strong.

three branches look to have taken successfully taken oger kush pollen for sum future baby ogers (white square price tag).

the plants suffered root aphids and root aphid treatment (organic and synthetic pyretherins). this severly stunted their growth for quite a while but they have recovered nicely.

the smell is no longer "banana foundation". it is a nice lemony scent.

frost is starting to accumulate and I will post more pics as they develop.

I am an outdoor grower; guerilla grows. I only grow indoors for test runs, seeds, clones, etc....

How's the smells coming off her? She looks killer bro

idiit

Veteran
^ all good. this is a stoner forum so posting high is a membership requisite me thinks. for the noobs, posting sober,correct spelling, proper grammar, PC social etiquettes and such are a violation of ic tou's. :)

terps have changed. no noticeable banana foundation. really pleasant lemony goodness prevails.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
fav female of few.......nic'ed her the "glass slipper"........

fertilized with skanky starfish male for f2's from s1........?

also hit with a male of doc d creation: Bandaid haze/GG#4
and few others.........

ganj on............

Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

removed some lowers that looked like mold bait. when I squeezed these and sniffed I got straight lemon pinesol terps.

here's the second oger kush female as a seedling:

picture.php

here she is now:

picture.php

picture.php

idiit

Veteran
the oger kush males I used for pollination were more wld types. both females have more narrow leaf. banana foundation is replaced by straight lemon pinesol terps.frost is starting to develop:
picture.php

idiit

Veteran
I'm an outdoor grower trying to create some outdoor cash crop strains by combining danks with some landrace sativas. I don't keep indoor flowering times, yields, etc. the 315 cmh I use to flower in the small flowering room is a good replication of outdoor sunlight. I grow indoors and outdoors in recycled organic living soil.

her's one cross i'm getting ready to make pollinating in house genetics Platinum wid sum oger pollen:

ihg Platinum keeper clone:

picture.php

The only two drawbacks imo to Platinum were her average terps and low vigor. oger kush looks like a great candidate to fix both issues I have with ihg Platinum. then I would use Platinum Oger to cross into Mafate Zamal, Nanan Bouclou, Malawi, Purple Haze and others. then 2018 I run 'em outdoors for the acid test to see how they actually perform in my outdoor environment.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
like your ideas idiit..........looks to be some nice hyb's in the future for ya.........

best in quest senor........

ganj on..........

idiit

Veteran
thanks for the encouragement on my commercial seed strain hobby project.

I've got two oger females maturing. there really isn't a lot published pic. and smoke report wise on oger kush so I promised to make my little contribution fwiw to the oger kush feedback database. the pheno with the purple potential showing in fan leaf has a more lemon profile. the one without the purple fan leaf coloration has less lemon but still noticeable. both phenos have a foundation below the lemon. I've been panty sniffing to get a grip on the terps. i'm inclined to believe that both phenos have what I called the 'banana foundation' underlying the more initial lemon terps comng thru now in flower. whatever it is, it is dank. very nice terps and bag appeal visuals developing. me happy.

here's another shot 1 week later of the oger frosting up:

picture.php

closeup:

picture.php

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
can get an idea of how the glass slipper pheno growing......at this stage more of a petrol/fuel slight lemon skank.....don't expect artificial giant pumpkins here.......I'm about native soils, minimal inputs......let genetics/Ma nature do their thing here in southern Sierra's .........

possible ten days two weeks first cutting..........bush pheno is two weeks behind, flower formation complete opposite, more of a lemon spicey kinda skank, and visibly less crystal forming........

ganj on.........

Last edited:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
can get an idea of how the glass slipper pheno growing......at this stage more of a petrol/fuel slight lemon skank.....don't expect artificial giant pumpkins here.......I'm about native soils, minimal inputs......let genetics/Ma nature do their thing here in southern Sierra's .........

possible ten days two weeks first cutting..........bush pheno is two weeks behind, flower formation complete opposite, more of a lemon spicey kinda skank, and visibly less crystal forming........

ganj on.........

She's a tall gal brother and that stank sounds heavenly

idiit

Veteran
the smells in the 315 cmh flowering room are totally dominated by the kine dank oger kush female's terps. very nice. be interesting to see how she smokes after a 6 week cure.

having a true male in what looks to me to an authentic kush seed line may turn out to be a big deal for breeding purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead
This has been a subject discussed for years. Some have found plants that where what we consider male in fem seeds.. I found a Male in Peyote Purple. This line was fem but released as Reg do to the males found."

^another well respected grower/breeder saying finding true breeding males in a fem line is not as outrageous as some would think. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8047897&highlight=orgnkid#post8047897

orgnkid might be reappearing in the cannabis scene: from Hammerhead quote" I spoke to Orginkid about running his Banana og vs CB to see if there the same cut. He is all for it. will take some time to get in his cut. He just got his room running again Hammerhead . https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=343951&page=15

JetLife175

Veteran
I've been inclined to believe that a true male found in a s1 line is worth its weight in gold. Of course after doing testing and seeing the progeny it would be amazing to have one.

And yes the peyote purple line was crazy. It actually threw about 60-70% male seed! I've found a couple really nice males in OG s1 seeds but never saved them. Going to now.

EDIT: orgnkid is already back and has been. His name on IG is orgnkid of course. He's put out the ghost and banana OG to a few clubs and people.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
bush pheno..........

flowering description like idiit's example.......

made seed ..........

ganj on......

Last edited:

Stash

Here are some post from another site. These post are about 10yrs old, enjoy! :

(On the Bubba Kush (Green Clone) Bx2s, the history is as follows:

A Friend passed some Bubba Kush Femm'd beans that Orginkid passed his way a few years ago. These are, most likely, the ones Cali Kush seeds put out as bubba kush femm'd seeds. Though, it could be that multiple batches were made.
OK..a lone male showed up and was used to make seeds.
Then, I grew out the seeds to search for robust males. The best five males were selected for breeding. The males had a distinct acrid smell of detergent....jejeje.
A good friend sent me the authenticated Green (aka katsu) and Pre-98 clones.
I used the Green and Pre-98 to make a Bx2. And, here is where I am thus far. The offspring of the Bx2s stayed real close to the authenticated clones. )
( I was also given in the same gift some og kush x superfunk f2`s , purple indica x deep chunk , purple urkle x deep chunk and some og kush bx2`s to play with as well making this canaidian a happy fat bastard. )
(Basically were looking at a close genetic copy of katsu`s Bubba in seed form. )
( But, I would like to express my gratitude openly as follows: I could not have accomplished this Peyote Purple works without your generosity. My deepest gratitude for sharing the Bubba Kush clones with me many years ago.
I gave Charlie (Ace Genetics) my blessings on the Peyote Purple. Apparently, they found an outstanding purple specimen. Charlie gifted some beanage of this one too friends all over the world. It seems that many like her.
I always remember that the PP works could not have been accomplished without the generosity of xxxx, xxx, xxx, and others.
I spread em far and wide too brethren....Norway, Belgium, Australia, Spain, Mexico, Hawaii, Argentina, Canada, and so forth. I hope that you are pleased.
This could not have been done without the generosity of good folk like you.
Thank You, once again, and Many Blessings......
Peyote Purple= Bubba Kush (Green Clone) x Bubba Kush (select mint pheno). "

I hold the:
Bubba Kush Bx2 F2
Super Funk Clone x Oger Kush F2
Oger Kush Clone x Oger Kush F2
ECSD Clone x Oger Kush F2
Later, Stash

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Here are some post from another site. These post are about 10yrs old, enjoy! :

(On the Bubba Kush (Green Clone) Bx2s, the history is as follows:

A Friend passed some Bubba Kush Femm'd beans that Orginkid passed his way a few years ago. These are, most likely, the ones Cali Kush seeds put out as bubba kush femm'd seeds. Though, it could be that multiple batches were made.
OK..a lone male showed up and was used to make seeds.
Then, I grew out the seeds to search for robust males. The best five males were selected for breeding. The males had a distinct acrid smell of detergent....jejeje.
A good friend sent me the authenticated Green (aka katsu) and Pre-98 clones.
I used the Green and Pre-98 to make a Bx2. And, here is where I am thus far. The offspring of the Bx2s stayed real close to the authenticated clones. )
( I was also given in the same gift some og kush x superfunk f2`s , purple indica x deep chunk , purple urkle x deep chunk and some og kush bx2`s to play with as well making this canaidian a happy fat bastard. )
(Basically were looking at a close genetic copy of katsu`s Bubba in seed form. )
( But, I would like to express my gratitude openly as follows: I could not have accomplished this Peyote Purple works without your generosity. My deepest gratitude for sharing the Bubba Kush clones with me many years ago.
I gave Charlie (Ace Genetics) my blessings on the Peyote Purple. Apparently, they found an outstanding purple specimen. Charlie gifted some beanage of this one too friends all over the world. It seems that many like her.
I always remember that the PP works could not have been accomplished without the generosity of xxxx, xxx, xxx, and others.
I spread em far and wide too brethren....Norway, Belgium, Australia, Spain, Mexico, Hawaii, Argentina, Canada, and so forth. I hope that you are pleased.
This could not have been done without the generosity of good folk like you.
Thank You, once again, and Many Blessings......
Peyote Purple= Bubba Kush (Green Clone) x Bubba Kush (select mint pheno). "

I hold the:
Bubba Kush Bx2 F2
Super Funk Clone x Oger Kush F2
Oger Kush Clone x Oger Kush F2
ECSD Clone x Oger Kush F2
Later, Stash

On a different site people were talking about a peyote purple in a thread of a guy whom is looking for bubba kush fems non ghsc now that makes so much more sense as to what the strain is thank you stash my brother

Latest posts

Latest posts