What's new

OG Kush Flower Journal

bterzz

Veteran
are you completely sure they are ready for jars? that seems awfully quick, but i guess you did put them in the paper bags... How long did they dry? 4-5 days?
Im very jealous of that collection of jars you got there :D

Hey Jeff..
I am not 100% sure, but they seem about right for me. I actually took them out of the jars last night and let them sit in the paper back over-night. I put them back in the jars around noon. Will they dry up at all in the jars? I noticed they got moist again once I jarred them up the second time. Now the majority of them feel perfect while some still feel a tad bit moist. I waited until they were crispy to put them in jars. I thought my dry-time was fast, too.

Weigh in soon!

J

JeffSpicoli

sounds like a good idea to have put them in the bags for that extra night again. They dont get 'dryer' when in jars, more like the water is being evenly distributed. So all the water built up in either the buds or stems, gets evenly seperated. You should be good as i imagine you are gonna be curing them properly for a while. They may become a little over moist the first few days in jars, but after a couple should dry up. Just make sure to 'burp' the jars once a day for 10-15 minutes.
Im EXTREMELY impressed by how awesome everything turned out for youre first harvest! my hats off to ya

Oh ya, youre probably good to go to weigh it all, let us know what it came out too?

headimonster

nice! good job bterzz, just took down my sour bubz today! 15 more days til OG! urs look great....howbout rollin one up for me :)

heres a shot of sour bub upclose
picture.php

L

Lilly456

Fine work bterzz, you've done alright to say the least.My compliments, I hope you enjoy the smoke as much as the grow...Chaco, aka Lilly456.:joint::joint:

bterzz

Veteran
Thanks for the awesome compliments everyone!! I'm seriously so happy. I rearranged the jars cuz I got more big ones. Now I have 6 big ones full and 2 little ones. Its a great site.

Ok so I waited until the buds were pretty damn dry before putting them into the jars, but now that they're in the jars they are moist again! Will the daily "burp" be enough to dry these suckers out??

Thanks!

PS: Headi looks great!! Wish I could smoke on that :D :D .. im gonna smoke one for everyone!

bterzz

Veteran
they did before i put them into the jars. 'll go look.

edit: some bend some snap. Does this mean I put them in to early? :(

bterzz

Veteran
The humidity was about 42% while the temps were about 60-70%. I think im gonna let them sit in paper bags over night is that a bad idea?

G

Greyskull

i don't use the bags so I don't know.... sorry
tried them once and found just hanging gave me better results and was easier.

bterzz

Veteran
I decided to take them out of the jars and put it into a brown paper bag. Pretty neat to almost have a vons bag full of weed :D

Anyways i think these extra hours in the bag will be great for it. I noticed the more dry stuff smells ALOT better, so in the bag it went. I'll return home after work tonight and put them back into jars if they seem ready. if not, in the morning.

bterzz

Veteran
Everything turned out fire!

I never got the chance to weigh everything at once. I believe my final weight was a hair under 1.75.

I am stoked. Best smoke ever. All my friends are like "where are you getting all this weed??" and they are all like "what clinic is this from? its so good"

and im like ":laughing: :woohoo: :joint:"

bterzz

Veteran
...but here goes nothing. I actually discovered a new technique for up-close shots. Just cut the nug out of the high-resolution photo and paste it on a blank paper, and size down. I can get some more now.

Attachments

• dry.JPG
    dry.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 15
  • dry2.JPG
    dry2.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 16