What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG KUSH | F1 Genetic traits revealed

********Correction the OG kush(bag-seed) in this project is actually Sour Diesel.**************

Crossing plants can give you a lot of information in most cases to much information. We know what we want so lets look for things that hints at information before the information get to you(plants take forever to grow).

Tahoe OG
Source: Socal medical clinic
CLone: Yes
OG Traits: Yes

OG Kush #1
Source: Fire bagseed
OG smell: yes
Does not produce three bladed leafs

OG Kush #2

OG Kush #3
Male

The kush from bag seed was fire smoke. Signature OG Kush swamp smell. Frontal lobe head high hits you like bricks gets you higher than giraffe pussy. Lime light green bud with dark green sweet leaves. Small dense yet smooth and fluffy like hydro buds.

Ok So OG kush number one is female and is powerful smoke. OG Kush two is slower to flower. OG Kush three was a male and was juiced with other males. It one in potency so I crossed it with the Tahoe OG.

So now I have opened up the F1s of some dank real og kush bagseeds(5 seeds in QP). Then I crossed it with my TAHOE og to see the off spring. I will document leaf style, smell, photos here.

I want to know if the Tahoe will pass on the smell and 3-7 finger leaf structure. I dont feel like rereading this so its rough draft.:tiphat:

Last edited:
OGkush 1
picture.php

picture.php

OGKush2
picture.php

picture.php

Seeded Tahoe OG
picture.php

Smells: Early in flower
OG kush 1: Subtle earthy, green, peppery.

OG kush 2:Bubble gum, Sweet, swamp funk.

Tahoe OG: Earthy, Strong floral perfume(when rubbed), Grey water form washing machine.

OG kush bagseeds bud(mom): Clean swampy earthy flavor. Pungent. Aftersmoke smelled like OG kush. Sticks to the back of your throat type.

JetLife175

Veteran
OGs are known to breed dominant in crosses. For being such an accident it breeds surprisingly true. Passes a lot of traits onto its progeny. It's a thoroughly documented line.

YetiOG

OGs are known to breed dominant in crosses. For being such an accident it breeds surprisingly true. Passes a lot of traits onto its progeny. It's a thoroughly documented line.

OG makes some cool crosses right now nothing I enjoy more right now

Just found out my OG kush seeds were sour D. I didnt know sour D has the same earthy tones as OG kush. Any how it explains the more sativa lookings plants.

So a small correction theses would be Sour D(Fire smoke) x Tahoe OG clone only.

The results did not sprout. I am waiting for a humidity dome and rockwhool for the next batch as i dont have many seeds left.

Sour hoe here we come!

YetiOG

Just found out my OG kush seeds were sour D. I didnt know sour D has the same earthy tones as OG kush. Any how it explains the more sativa lookings plants.

So a small correction theses would be Sour D(Fire smoke) x Tahoe OG clone only.

The results did not sprout. I am waiting for a humidity dome and rockwhool for the next batch as i dont have many seeds left.

Sour hoe here we come!

I have very bad luck with Rockwool and seeds. Also don't prefer domes for seeds. I pop alot of seeds and start in soil, coco, or rapid rooters works the best for me. Though now I'm soaking most things.

OG seeds can be tricky. They like a pretty soak I found this out the hard way on a big bunch of them lol.

Oh and don't try popping them in strait in coco they hate it! A buddy who loves og has observed the same thing they just don't like it. Soak them first if you use coco.

I use rapid rooters. They will work without pre soaking the seeds but the shells come off better with a good soak. Wait to see tails.

It's up to you what you do just a bit of advice from learning the hard way. Last half of 2015 I kept trying to pop og seeds in coco and lost a bunch it was lame. Now I use rapid rooters but might switch everything to perlite for a while. I have some practice seeds to try popping in perlite for a while before I use anything important

Dog Star

Veteran
What week you made polination?? How long did you flower?

Seeds will be mature on plants after you sees some pods opened or seeds
already drops out naturaly,.. for
good ripened seeds no green margins but they need to be black or brown
with those tribal black camouflage specks... then they are ripe properly
for next sowing.

YetiOG

I was in a hurry and gave them the min. 1 month to mature. Would have been nice to get 2 months on them :/

Seed maturity is highly variable. 1 month is enough to mature very fast indica seeds, if pollinated around week 3 or 4.

Most varieties though a month is far from viable in my experience. First time I made seeds I checked the unopened pods and found they didn't look ready and waited. I saw as they matured (like dog star said) they split open and looked proper. Waxy shells, proper color and pattern, and there's another aspect I find useful is how they bounce when dropped. Mature seeds bounce nicely with a little click, dead seeds don't bounce at all usually. Avoid harvesting seeds with white tips. They still go reliably but they are not fully mature. If you see white tips stop plucking.

Alot of seeds take a while to produce, I remember subby from tga said "one of their varieties takes 82 days for the seeds to mature" I think he was referring to vortex or jc2 but not 100% on which he didn't say, that's just my guess.

Making seeds can be alot of fun. I want to spend more time doing it because I enjoy it. I haven't made any seeds since 2013, but the last ones I made pleased me very much, correcting a issue with the mother line

Latest posts

Latest posts