What's new

OG chem test run

Cannawinner

Veteran
I am extremely fourtunate to be able to do a test grow on these fine wonderful genetics.

OG Chem(ChemdawgD/OG Kush x Chemdog bx2)
-or ChemD/Abusive OG Kush x Chemdog bx2

OG Kush and Chemdawg D come together to create funky rotten smells so nasty you’ll love them, extremely vigorous, dense buds and heavy hitting potency that means this one is not for the weak hearted.

I received a pack of 10 seeds a couple of weeks ago and at the begining of last week I soaked them for 24 hours in luke warm water.

Once they had split open I then planted them into rapid rooters soil.
Which I placed into the propogator bowl and let nature do the rest,

By Sunday (Yesterday) 9 of the 10 seeds had germed and they were ready to translpant into larger containers.

Pictured below are the seedlings in the rapid rooters. (or what ever they be called).
The first 9 at the bottom of the photo are OG Chem, and the others are all assorted strains.

Its not so exciting now, but once they grow bigger and there be more to photograph then I shall post the photos.

Thankyou OJD and Truecannabliss for letting me do this test for you.

picture.php

picture.php

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Good luck Cannawinner. I hope you find some real keepers and a stud worthy of breeding.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey there bro im super pleased to have another old friend to help showcase our strains, thanks for your help.
Peace

Cannawinner

Veteran
Hey there bro im super pleased to have another old friend to help showcase our strains, thanks for your help.
Peace

Hiya!!! :dance013: Truecannabliss.
Its really my pleasure.

Greatlakes and El Clandestino, its wonderful to have you stop by.
I am watching your threads too :) and so its good to be able to compare your grows too.
We are all at the same stage, as our plants are about the same ages.

Update.
Seedlings are 8 days old.
I have started my count from last monday when I potted them. Seedlings 7,8, and 9 are a bit on the runt side. I will give them a few extra days to see how they do.
In a couple of days or so, When they are all a bit bigger, I will crop them by removing the 2 lower leaves.
I usually crop twice.
A) When they have 4 leaves. I remove the lower 2.
B) When they reach the 4th node I cut off the tops.

Photos:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cannawinner

Veteran
Update at 14 days.

Update at 14 days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

no's 7, 8, 9, are still runty. Although they have grown more leaves.

I cropped everyone, including the runts. I will give the runts another weeks chance and if they dont put on any remarkable growth, then I will remove them.
I plan to flower eveyone next week sunday. This will be after a 21 day veg.
Later on during the week I will repot into bigger pots.

Nutrients: Everyone is getting the full range of BioNova.
(Soil, Zym, Cel, missing link. and when I switch lights to 12/12 I will add PK 13-14)

Its very exciting that flowering cycle is 1 week away. :jump::jump:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG Chem v UKhem

OG Chem v UKhem

Are these the same genes as "uk chem"??????

OP

Looking great bro, dont give up on number 7, thats my lucky number.......the lovely fat leaves on those babies are a great sign.
UKhem = Orgnkid OG Kush S1 x Chemdog bx2
OG Chem = ChemD/Abusive OG Kush x Chemdog bx2
Hope that helps.
Peace

Last edited:

jonas@diesel

???? ???????:?9-THC
Veteran
i was lucky enough to get a pack of OG Chem... grabbing a seat for the rest of the show...

cheers

Jonas

Cannawinner

Veteran
Looking great bro, dont give up on number 7, thats my lucky number.......the lovely fat leaves on those babies are a great sign.
UKhem = Orgnkid OG Kush S1 x Chemdog bx2
OG Chem = ChemD/Abusive OG Kush x Chemdog bx2
Hope that helps.
Peace

Thanks also for the clarification. I was also confused. This OG Chem sure has fantastic genetics.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Looking good Cannawinner. Don't give up on those runts. I've got a few too, but I think they'll catch up in their own good time. You never know they might just turn out to be your holy grail plants. Following along.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Cannawinner

Veteran
Update 21 days Veg

Update 21 days Veg

I was hoping to switch lights today to 12/12 flowering.
But everyone is still very small so I will wait another week and see how we are doing next sunday.

In the meantime I repotted into bigger containers and cropped the top off of the plants. (All except for the 3 runts who are growing slowly, but growing never the less.) Still not sure about the little runts????
I suppose they will stick around for a while longer.
Truth is that I will be very short on space once everyone gets bigger and I know the sex of all my plants. I also plan on repotting into 11 liter containers. So I may not have room for 3 little runts.

Did I mention before that we have Mozart music playing 24/0.
Lights 18 hours on, 6 hours off
Temps in the room: Lights off : 19 degrees Cel.
Lights on: 27 degrees Cel. -
We are having ONE SCORCHING SUMMER. With temps reaching 42 degrees in the shade most days. So this is affecting my temps in the room when lights go on.
They go on at 6 pm and off at 12am.

Nutes:- full range of BIO NOVA for soil. And I increased the dosage of BIO SOIL to 40 ML today. The rest I give as per instructions on the bottle. Next week I switch to flowering then I will add PK 13-14.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last night when I got home I found a SINAI FAN FINGURED GEKO stuck to my ceiling. In Blew a dragon fly and as quick as lightening the Geko caught it.
These Gekos reach up to 15cm in length. Its fans help it to adhere to rocks, even when upside down.

Eventually it did drop the dragon fly, - Both I chased out my apartment and the dog came over to see the dragonfly with great interest.

picture.php

Cannawinner

Veteran
Update:- 1st day flowering after a 29 day veg

Update:- 1st day flowering after a 29 day veg

As title says. Today I switched the lights to 12/12 01 day flowering.

This is after a 28/29 day from seedlings. We are a bit on the small side and we can probably veg for another week. But due to time and space constraints I decided to go ahead with flowering.

I have altogether 61 plants in the room - various strains. (All grown from seed and all the same age) At the moment some are larger then others. All are in 5 liter pots except for OG Chem- which I repotted middle of last week into 11 liter containers, so that they can have the first chances at growing larger. - After all this is a OG Chem test run and my priority is to OG Chem.

Anyway I am confident that all the plants will still grow a lot more.
My main problem will be space issues. But I expect at least 20 -25 males, Which will leave me with about 35??? females. will be interesting to see how many females I do get.
I will be able to handle 35 plants in this room.- with a SQUASH, No more, Also this depends on the size tat they will grow to.
My plan is also to repot into 11 liter containers as soon as I find the females.
Other strains growing in my garden are:
SSSDH. (from OJD)
Witches Weed,- (Dutch Grown)
4 SD, Wonder diesel, Chem SD, Chem DD X Chem SD- Res.
Sweet Island Skunk, DJ Blueberry (Rosycheeks)
Crash test- Core.
STrDiesel X NYCD X Amnesia Kush.
Burmese Kush (Annac)
Malonica - Crazy X seeds
I think those are all the strains and I did not forget anyone.
Later on in the game, I will post some photos of som of these strans, especially the SSSDH.

Back to the update of OG chem.
Unforetunately no 4 died. I was not carefull enough when repotting and i must have broken the main stem. :-(((

Updated photos of the OG Chem -

No 1 at 1 day flowering:
picture.php

No 2: Also not doing the best, but I am hopefull that it will perk up.

picture.php

No. 3.
picture.php

No 5:
picture.php

No 6:
picture.php

No 7, 8, 9- the runts- who are doing ok, but still on the very small side.
picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi bro

nice update

looking good,a bit small
these will have some very short phenos wih not much stretch due to the chemdog male used
you might want to veg these some more if not expect a small yield but will be dank none the less just not much
when ive grown kushes, la confidential,and buba type strains they really need the extra veg time
even topping into multiple heads,
bro you def got a green thumb im just leting others know who might be tuned in and or growing the og chem aswell
keep me updated
peace

el clandestino

super chato
There looking good bro. I think there gearing up for a spurt. My chemwrecks started slow and now there still small,but there looking real bushy and stout. Good going amigo keep em green.:)

Cannawinner

Veteran
Update @ 12 days flowering

Update @ 12 days flowering

Sorry I have had not had a chance to do my weekly update. Its been an incredibly busy time.

here are photos of plants at 12 day flowering. They have grown quite a lot in the last weeks as you can see. They still have not shown sex. I expect this will happen within the next couple of days.
So far I have 9 plants definite females and 5 males (males removed straight away)

OG Chem no 1:
picture.php

picture.php

OG Chem no 2.- still small but looking healthy.
picture.php

OG chem no 3.
picture.php

picture.php

OG chem no 5
picture.php

picture.php

OG Chem 6:
picture.php

picture.php

OG Chem 7, 8, 9
picture.php

Cannawinner

Veteran
In the August 2010 eddition of High TImes. Medical Marijuana news and reviews magazine is an artical on Medicinal strains,

Of the 5 listed there is Chemdog and OG.#18.

Here I am really fortuantate to be doing a cross of these 2 straians.- I can only imagine how potently strong this will be....
I CANT WAIT!!!!