What's new

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Coffee smelling weed? That's something I'd love to have. Anyone coming round would think I just made a pot of coffee. Cheaper than ona gel or a carbon scrubber :tiphat:

Shakí7

Wow guys!!!
:respect: for all.
Beautiful plants and beautiful pics :)

My 2 CBD Therapy
4wayLST Technic
Flowering begins :D
picture.php

:tiphat:

Bmeupscotty

I've seen a couple of threads mention the led corn bulbs as a micro vert alternative, I was just wondering if anyone has seen these and the versatility they would provide in a micro grow.
They come in 30, 40, 60 and 75 watts. The 30's are medium base, and I think the rest are mogul base, but self ballasted of course. 5000k on every wattage, and 2700k at least in the lower ones. They are probably not as cheap initially as an array of lower watt bulbs, but it's not my main concern.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 29

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I think using one of those bulbs for vertical defeats the purpose. They are not a true 360°, like a HID bulb, so you don't get the full effect of vertical. LED lights are directional and most of the efficiency is gained by not bouncing light around in a reflector. My two pennies worth anyway. :2cents:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think using one of those bulbs for vertical defeats the purpose. They are not a true 360°, like a HID bulb, so you don't get the full effect of vertical. LED lights are directional and most of the efficiency is gained by not bouncing light around in a reflector. My two pennies worth anyway. :2cents:

I think you got me all wrong, I'm not talking about the ones blynx was so friendly to examine here, I mean this general type of light

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
They may not be a true 360° but the cob leds do have a rather wide angle. That lamp may be perfectly suitable for some smaller vert setups. :) Chevy cHaze found one which looks even more suitable. :)
This aspect of growing is getting a little crazy. :)

angelgoob

I had some dude hatin.

I was using a 16.5 watt 1230 lumen, a 14 watt 1500 lumen and an 11 watt 800 lumen for the first three weeks and someone said "you can't do this! this is a waste of time!"

I was like no, I could be waiting to get another light or anything. Plus now anytime I see any shade on my leaves I just direct my supplemental LED's onto them.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Coffee smelling weed? That's something I'd love to have. Anyone coming round would think I just made a pot of coffee. Cheaper than ona gel or a carbon scrubber :tiphat:

Early Bubba Hash from Ace. The one I had this spring smelled like black coffee. Turned gorgeous fall colors too. It's a low THC high CBD strain according to analysis and that matches my experience. Very little head, clear and more of a body relaxing effect.

igrowone

Veteran
27w led grow

27w led grow

a little bit of ghetto, probably the cheapest led setup
3 9w great value 2700k leds, a 27w grow
1 gpw? not weighed yet but the closest i've come yet

Attachments

• flower10b.jpg
    flower10b.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 30

angelgoob

Man, this is for micro growers, but with these 100 LPW screw-ins, you can just expand!

You can control color temp. You can direct warm on the tops and cool on the fans.

I now have 17 watt 1500 lumen Cree COBS.

Yes, screw-in Cree COBS! 45 degree and 25 degree. I heat up the soil of seedlings with it! Hahahahaha!

Also good for tomato plants and the pure white light man. Can't beat if for signaling and all around cartenoid..activity.

Did you all know that after harvesting a tomato, if you put UVB on it for like an hour, in a couple of days it's lycopene and other things increases by 1.6 times? Imagine for weed now.

Is there a UVB led screw in avail?

psyphish

Veteran
Man, this is for micro growers, but with these 100 LPW screw-ins, you can just expand!

You can control color temp. You can direct warm on the tops and cool on the fans.

I now have 17 watt 1500 lumen Cree COBS.

Yes, screw-in Cree COBS! 45 degree and 25 degree. I heat up the soil of seedlings with it! Hahahahaha!

Also good for tomato plants and the pure white light man. Can't beat if for signaling and all around cartenoid..activity.

Did you all know that after harvesting a tomato, if you put UVB on it for like an hour, in a couple of days it's lycopene and other things increases by 1.6 times? Imagine for weed now.

Is there a UVB led screw in avail?

Not sure about UVB LED Spots, but I have a 25w UVB reptile CFL as the middle bulb in my 5-in-1 socket adapter. Works great, but I'm starting to think it might not even be necessary to add UVB.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Bought a 16 pack of 9'ish watt Great Value 2700K lamps. I now have a new bulb for the house, since one of the boogers has the dome glued on SOooooo tight, all I did was munge the plastic a lot. lol

The rest came off great. ;) I'm seriously loving these.

@psyphish Do you have a link to the 17watt lamps?

psyphish

Veteran
Bought a 16 pack of 9'ish watt Great Value 2700K lamps. I now have a new bulb for the house, since one of the boogers has the dome glued on SOooooo tight, all I did was munge the plastic a lot. lol

The rest came off great. ;) I'm seriously loving these.

@psyphish Do you have a link to the 17watt lamps?

I use 20w 4000K spots (2452 lumens)