What's new

Off season breeding for reasonable finish times outdoors.

LizardMan

As the title say's....

Breeding outdoors during the season with plants that have grown full term. Im able to see what triggers early compared to others and thus can pollinate to have cultivars that preform and finish in northern climates....

During the winter months I have to go indoors, but with the plants not receiving the outdoor gradual time shifts and only getting a 12/12 flip since im not into having a timer go up and down during the plants life...

My question is some males get triggered to flower from either hitting sexual maturity and being root bound and others need the light switch like females do...

How would i go about figuring out which female would trigger outside earlier but still only using the 12/12 flip method and not like a 16/8 or 14/10 schedule...

And everyone's use of males vary greatly but if finding a male that flowers without the need of a flip of the lights would that help in earlier flower time outside or would that have negative genetic traits?

Sorry for the mess of words, im finding it hard to explain what im trying to get an answer for...

gorilla ganja

It's not that hard to switch a timer. I would drop to 16/8 and then drop 1/2 hr every week.
Pick the ones that start to flower first.
Keep track of the hrs of darkness needed to trigger and it will give you an approximate finish time for them outdoors at your lattitude.

Best of luck

Peace GG