What's new

odorless containers

so i had a thought today, i use odorless bags and containers to store food in whenever i spend time hiking and camping to prevent bears from smelling anything i have. so i was wondering if i could use these same containers and bags to prevent the k9 from smelling my weed. does anyone know if these bags work the same way? and would it be able to contain the smell of some stinky buds?

G

We almost went to sleep with a blueberry blunt wrap in a tent in bear country. I don't think anything would have contained the smell of that thing. Wheew, saw bear crap everywhere for the next 4 days full of blueberries.

bears have been known to smell something as small as chap stick in a tent. in bear country you've gotta' be careful. theres black bears around here but i don't really worry about them. they are relatively timid bears and wont bother you as long as you leave them alone and stay away from their young ones. i've seen tons of black bears and they've never threatened me not once.

now grizzlies... thats a whole 'nother bear

Last edited:
a hungry black bear will kill you, and eat every bone in your body. Grizzlies wont eat you, just kill you and leave you dead... this has created a misconception that black bears dont attack, because they never leave any evidence of an attack. Theyre actually dangerous if theyre hungry, they get 500+ lbs, and 6+ feet tall around here

as far as concealing smell goes... just use lots of CLEAN layers. Even your hands will make a bag smell like bud. The best way to conceal the smell is tons of clean bags, and various layers.

G

the only problem with putting pot in odorproof bags or containers is that it's very hard to do it without transferring some of the odor to the outside of the container. if you touch the bud and then touch the outside of the container the odor is on their and a dog could smell it

Jack D Ripper said:
a hungry black bear will kill you, and eat every bone in your body. Grizzlies wont eat you, just kill you and leave you dead... this has created a misconception that black bears dont attack, because they never leave any evidence of an attack. Theyre actually dangerous if theyre hungry, they get 500+ lbs, and 6+ feet tall around here

as far as concealing smell goes... just use lots of CLEAN layers. Even your hands will make a bag smell like bud. The best way to conceal the smell is tons of clean bags, and various layers.
they get big around here too, i've just seen so many of them in my lifetime that i don't worry about it. a hungry bear will eat you, but your chances of being eaten by a hungry black bear isn't likely. i believe like 1 in every 650,000 black bears actually kills a human. plus it depends on where you come in contact with a bear. bears that live deeper in the forest are obviously more dangerous since they don't come in contact with humans as often. bears that raid camp sites and live near trails and near residential areas will always be a little more tame.

in the woods i'm honestly worried about other things like poisonous snakes, especially in the summer time. timber rattle snakes and copperheads around here can be mean ****ers and they pop outta no where. shit just a couple days ago i was down at the river and seen a copper head a foot in front of me. i just backed up but good think i noticed it because i might of stepped on it. i don't ever get that close to a bear.

Last edited:
the moose is the meanest creature in my neck of the woods (though theres been reports of mountain lions recently). Im never too worried about black bears... except in the late fall when they get hungry.

Ive just heard those "1 in 650,000" type of statistics disputed becasue black bears eat people (clothes, bones and all)... so a lot of lost hikers and missing people could have actually been lunch.

G

George Hayduke said:
they get big around here too, i've just seen so many of them in my lifetime that i don't worry about it. a hungry bear will eat you, but your chances of being eaten by a hungry black bear isn't likely. i believe like 1 in every 650,000 black bears actually kills a human. plus it depends on where you come in contact with a bear. bears that live deeper in the forest are obviously more dangerous since they don't come in contact with humans as often. bears that raid camp sites and live near trails and near residential areas will always be a little more tame.
Yeah the ones around us were blackbears. They use a lot of the same trails in the hiking areas, you can see alot of piles of berries if you know what I mean. Most of them have plenty to eat because the places that they live are expansive and not very populated. Still, I'm sure they flourished back on the day... Blackbears you are supposed to yell at and make noise to get to leave. They are cowards from what I hear mostly, except for momma.

in the woods i'm honestly worried about other things like poisonous snakes, especially in the summer time. timber rattle snakes and copperheads around here can be mean ****ers and they pop outta no where. shit just a couple days ago i was down at the river and seen a copper head a foot in front of me. i just backed up but good think i noticed it because i might of stepped on it. i don't ever get that close to a bear.
True that shit, the morning after the blueberry blunt-wrap episode, I was going to find a place to go to the bathroom. I was about 3 feet from a rattler, then I slowly backed away.

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
dogs smell like 400 times better than humans and bears smell like 400 times better than dogs......do the math.

you seriously can't conceal smells from dogs or from bears obviously....only can keep shit out of reach.

like ya said blackies are nuthin to really worry about, and most coastal brown bears (grizz) are soo well fed that they dont give 1 fuk about ya......unless u get between mom and cubs.

interior alaska grizz and polar bears you better be afraid of...they will hunt you for food.

If your a hunter in interior Alaska and you kill a moose or caribou you can expect a visit from a grizz VERY shortly.

I've heard that a drug dog can smell a gram of cocaine inside a tanker of gasoline.

dunno if thats true, but I wouldent doubt it.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
yeah...dogs can differentiate a bunch of smells mixed together and a tiny amount of one in a huge amount of another thats why stuff like coffee grounds doesnt help with dogs....
all plastic bag type materials are permeable...as in the odour molecules do leak outside -its just a matter of how permeable the stuff is as to how long it takes.

Latest posts

Latest posts