What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oddest ways smugglers use

EsterEssence

Veteran
We used to remove the upper label of the remy marten bottles drill a hole in the glass remove the liquor, mix some alcohol with hash oil to make the oil thin enough, plug the hole, replace the label and off you go. Many bottles left with no problem...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I like the mex/usa wall ingenuity factoring, they use truck mounted catapults to launch weed/drugs over; easiest to complete the transaction when the guys on the American side tell the truck where to set up (they have night vision too), because there aren't any agents nearby.

It's likely that the Mexicans invented this,
as American catapult technology is still
lacking far behind theirs.......

knbQMV4.gif

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In 1978 my girlfriends best girlfriend's father was head of customs in Newark NJ , who was mysteriously transferred to be head of the drug squad in Brooklyn when I was doing my thing. My partners were all in Brooklyn, Miami, Ft Lauderdale and....well, South of there :)

Well, this drug warrior took his own daughter on a "mission" to meet this rat named Terry who was one of our drivers . Mr "B" gave this scumbag a pound of pure heroin and money ( at the Clark Lanes, remember scumbag? ) to rat out our little weed ring. That's right, heroin and money from the government to get us eeeeevil pot smugglers.

Remember there was talk in the press about a "new heroin epidemic" circa 1980? Now you know where it came from and who started it.

Last edited:
M

moose eater

I love cannabis, but don't like the fact that buying what comes from across the border supports the Mexican cartels. I'm from Boston, & in certain places brick weed is plentiful mostly from the gangs MS-13, Latin Kings, and others.

Didn't read all of the comments yet, so maybe someone already addressed this. Sorry if I'm being redundant.

There are ALL KINDS of smuggling routes, only some of them involve Me-hico.

There were folks out of coastal B.C. using weighted water-tight bags, with CO2 floatation, GPS locators and automated inflation remotes. Some perished. Kayaks and turbulent surf making less likely or viable vessels sometimes than larger boats. but kayaks are also low-profile to some degree.

Hollowed out pre-fab beams for pre-fab homes.

Folks out of Central B.C., used low-altitude choppers and cargo nets 20 years ago or so, also using GPS tracking.

Years ago in Vancouver area of B.C. a cook on a merchant marine vessel had (I think they were) 55-gallon barrels of cooking oil, except they were hash oil from the report. What could you do with 55-gallons of good middle eastern oil?? ;^>) Life-time-supply?

False panels in boats, trucks, aircraft, etc. Compromised by more modern hand-held x-ray devices. Damned techies, anyway!!! ;^>):biggrin:

Hiking across borders along rugged but established trails seldom suspected of being routes for such. Time, money, suspense, entertainment, and sight-seeing, all rolled into one. I'd recommend it for the younger straight-looking crowd, but cross your t's and dot your i's. If you haven't let Customs know of your enviro-vacation, and you're on the radar, it's more guaranteed to attract attention than if you called ahead and told them. In many cases, you're just viewed as another foot-born eco-tourist.

Most often, if you don't look the part, (which is something many don't suspect or understand, in that the authorities are often looking for folks who appear to have the $$$$ to foot such ventures), you won't be severely torn down, even if you draw a random search by their numerical process of targeting nobodies.

If they look really deeply, it's either because you are made, or because you're in an existing profile group that draws such shit, in which case, stay home.

Remote airstrips that take too long for anyone to attend to; low altitude approach, and on the ground for minutes. Best done with punctual folks. Makes chronically late or irresponsible people really bad luck.

For a while, maybe still, gangs in S.E Asia and as far as Australia, reportedly used unsuspecting tourists' luggage. Shitty thing to do to someone not involved in your gig, frankly.

Oh, and the truly twisted method; surgically implanting high-dollar contraband inside dogs, pets or humans. Greed and adventure should have limits born of conscience!!

Last edited:
M

moose eater

Oh, and oil or H2O piping hauled as loads on semi-trucks, often capped at the ends. Smaller diameter is best from what I heard.

Someone already hit the surfboard play.

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh, and oil or H2O piping on semi-trucks.

Someone already hit the surfboard play.

None of these are 100%, as nothing is, but some are safer bets than others.

As I recall, someone on the US side was killed by a 10K package that was catapulted 'right on the mark'. His bros left his corpse to rot.......

M

moose eater

Aluminum pack frames, the handles of aluminum-handled avalanche shovels, hollowed out soles of sneakers, with sneakers meticulously rebuilt with adhesive..

Back in the day of 35mm, 110, and 127 cameras/film, rolling up quantities of micro-dot in plain baggies (pre-zip lock days), trimming excess from, and wrapping the baggies tightly in limited but thorough flat black electrical tape, and putting them inside fixed lenses of cameras, then covering with film, winding in a bit, so if the Officer were to remove the film, they'd have to destroy the images that might be on it, unless done in a dark room.

shithawk420

Veteran
I have no clue if it's true or not and I don't wanna find out,but I heard of smuggling Coke or heroin through cattles assholes.

M

moose eater

Another 70s tale.
Toothpaste used to come in metal tubes, and you could unroll them and open them up from the back.
With a little practice it could be done without changing the appearance.
Used run over to the PX and buy a case of tooth paste ...
APO delivered without a hitch over and over.

Folks in Holland in the 1970s, at a well known hostel there, had an assembly line with folks opening up cans of baby powder and placing hash in the cans.

Will= way.. sometimes.

Gry

Veteran
Folks in Holland in the 1970s, at a well known hostel there, had an assembly line with folks opening up cans of baby powder and placing hash in the cans.

Will= way.. sometimes.

We seem to have frequented similar locations.

H

HaHaHashish

I used to buy from a guy who smuggled hash. He would buy a few pounds of hash then roll them into balls with a segment of a drinking straw cut to size inside the ball, paint them in bright colors and string them together as necklaces with colored string. He did this for 5 years or more flying from Hong Kong where he bought the hash to nearby Nth Asian countries where the prices were crazy high. He never got caught.

He said the Customs sometimes asked him why he is bringing so many necklaces in and he said they were gifts for friends. These "necklaces" looked terrible, they were chunky, roughly painted and looked like a 6 year made them in a hurry...and they stunk of hash! One time he couldn't be bothered painting them and stringing them up so he just walked in through Customs with a kilo bag of balls of hash that were 20mm diameter, no paint, no nothing! Customs searched his luggage and found this bag full of hash balls and asked "what's this?" he replied they are figs and then grabbed one and bit a chunk out of it, said they are delicious and then offered the Customs guy one who lost interest and waved him through.

Last edited:

Cvh

Supermod
Hard drugs dissolved into pure alcohol (or other solvent). Poured into wine bottle and labeled an corked. Easily extracted back. Hidden between large shipments of regular wine bottles.
Still beign used by EU to ship worldwide. Heard it still has a very high succes rate.