What's new

Odd taco curling, first time soil

Growstaman

Help?

Help?

Anymore suggestions at all before I do this next watering? For so many views doesnt seem many willing to help... lol I just really want to correct this, I appreciate those who have helped, hopefully this watering will turn around

Growstaman

Well

Well

Well since no reply to my last couple posts, I did decide to just give all the plants 2 full gallons each flushing them with only PH'd water (Used aquarium PH down) and SLIGHT dolomite lime if needed for up.

After full watering plants look great again in new growth, they grow INSANE over night and even stretching for the lights a bit now. Still this is only the 2nd day and I am waiting to decide if they need foilar feed or not... the undergrowth still continued to die of course, and the progressions seems slow if not gone on some of the newer leaves, where as the NEWEST sets are perfectly fine.

SO hopefully if it was any water/ph problem from before it is corrected now as they have not told me otherwise yet... I will be turning lights on in 2 hours will check them and provide pics!

M

moses224

og-sawdust, composted leaves, wood chips, cottonseed meal, leaf mold and especially peat moss, will lower the soil pH.
1The best way to stable PH is by adding 1 ounce of Dolomite Lime per 1 gallon of planting soil.

Dolomite Lime is available in garden nurseries. Buy the fine Dolomite powder (There may be several kinds of Dolomite like Rough, Medium, Fine)

Dolomite Lime has been a useful PH stabilizer for years, since it has a neutral PH of 7 when added to your soil it stabilizes your soil at PH 7.

Mix the dry soil medium and dolomite together really well, give the mix a good watering then after the water has had chance to settle and leech into the soil a bit give the mix a really good stir. Then water the soil/lime mix and give it another stir

Best plan is to mix fine dolomite lime into your mix before planting. Fine Dolomite will help stabilize your pH; however, if the ph becomes unstable or changes, you can then use Hydrated Dolomite Lime. Add some of the hydrated lime to luke warm water and give it a good stir then water your plants with it. Give the plants a good watering with this hydrated lime added and your PH should fall or rise back to 7