What's new

Occupy Wall Street: Not on major media but worth watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Doesn't matter. Anybody who misinterprets Hydro's context couldn't possibly make an argument. At least that's his inference.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I taught a student who's brother was taken out and executed because he tried to leave the local gang.
Sorry to hear it. Never said it doesn't happen.... DB inferred that it happens every time. *shrug*

I talk from personal experience and research. Everyone else seems to talk about subjects they haven't researched or know anything about. :thank you:

Reading about it in the paper or seeing it on a tv show doesn't count.

Stay Safe! :D

Edit: Un-subbing from this thread. Not interested in winning the special olympics. Got better things to do with my time. :D

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Never said it doesn't happen.... DB inferred that it happens every time. *shrug*

Lol, you appear to draw little distinction between the contemporary meaning of 'gang' vs any term that indicates more than one. The old broads bowling league might fit your loose description.:)

I talk from personal experience and research.
You personally experienced your kid in public school. That is in no way 'research' to back your claim. Could be used as part of your research but a single example doesn't amount to very much when attempting to draw wholesale conclusions.

Everyone else seems to talk about subjects they haven't researched or know anything about. :thank you:
True story. I knew a former Outlaw enforcer. He went around for years saying he'd 'retired'. One night his roommate came home and found the guy (and his girlfriend) on the floor, stripped naked, with a bullet to the back of each head. The homicide detective said it was a classic 'hit'.

Based on your standards, I'm a fuckin' Rhodes Scholar. And I'm here to tell you that claims of ending land ownership and ending home schooling isn't research. It's baloney. But I have to admit, it sounds like something a home schooler would imagine. Just kidding. It's much closer to something a political hack would offer and you apparently fell for it.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
hydro fell into the trap...
notice you are talking about what defines a gang as opposed to the OWS movement or the actions of the overbearing federal government that caused them to occupy in the first place.

DB prefers to argue over stupid. it is his natural state?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
ns.

True story. I knew a former Outlaw enforcer. He went around for years saying he'd 'retired'. One night his roommate came home and found the guy (and his girlfriend) on the floor, stripped naked, with a bullet to the back of each head. The homicide detective said it was a classic 'hit'.

let me guess
his name was jackson teller and his mother was on married with children?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
... notice you are talking about what defines a gang

OK, I guess you go for Hydro's take that protesters (or, apparently the more appropriate term 'gangs') are surreptitiously joining the cops and carrying out the abusive tactics.

I wonder what Neil Boortz thinks about all this. :puke:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
OK, I guess you go for Hydro's take that protesters (or, apparently the more appropriate term 'gangs') are surreptitiously joining the cops and carrying out the abusive tactics.
you deduced that how?
and how exactly do you come up with hydro suggesting protesters are joining police forces?
i think the recruiting process takes longer than OWS has been a movement?
(not sure how long it takes to become a cop but i think its more than 2 months)

no i go for my take:
the protesters are average citizens excercising their rights to pettition for redress of grieviences.
they are dangerously close to loosing any momentum they have built by continuing to remain unfocused(or misfocused)
the police are attempting to encite them to violence in effort to sway the public just enough that they can really crush them with support of the sheep.

I wonder what Neil Boortz thinks about all this. :puke:

wrong thread ;)

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
you deduced that how?
and how exactly do you come up with hydro suggesting protesters are joining police forces?
i think the recruiting process takes longer than OWS has been a movement?
(not sure how long it takes to become a cop but i think its more than 2 months)

Argue semantics all you want.

Yes... there's a profile for it. If you don't fit it, they don't hire you. Around here they've hired a lot of ex gang members and there are a few really sadistic bastards in the bunch.

What most of them don't realize is that when this govt is out.... they're not going to find any help from their neighbors. They've shown their true colors behind their badge and gun around here.

Stay Safe!

p.s. Remember to buy your ammo in small lots.... the KGB *ahem* sorry... The DHS is watching you!

:laughing:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Big 0 was heckled today in New Hampshire by the OWS movement. Congrats to them for figuring it out.

If there was any question of O's corruption and being owned by Wall Street look no further than his buddy Jon Corzine. A close politically ally and major fund raiser being his Goldman's/WallStreet inside man. Corzine's MF Global just collapsed. $1.2bil was stolen from it's clients (lots of farmers) and the man has yet to be questioned by authorities. What a surprise. U S Banana Republic of A

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check that. Congress just called on Corzine to explain himself.

I'm sure that they are all extremely pissed off that he didn't leak the news of MF Global's collapse to them so they could go short and rake in some free money. This is an absolute outrage and an affront to the insider trading privileges that are granted to Congress and the political class.

YES WE CAN!
2011-11-02T213506Z_01_SIN91_RTRIDSP_3_MFGLOBAL-FUNRAISING.jpg

(steal from you)

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
CFTC asked to rule on handling separate accounts

November 22, 2011 03:17 PM EST |
ap_wire.png

NEW YORK — A Federal regulator is being asked to spell out more clearly rules for when securities firms can mingle money from different clients' accounts.

The request comes weeks after the collapse of MF Global, which is being investigated by regulators over whether it diverted hundreds of millions in client money after its bad trades made from the firm's own account triggered a large quarterly loss at the firm.

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission, which regulates securities firms, received the request for the rules from ICE Clear Credit, a division of derivatives exchange IntercontinentalExchange. ICE Clear Credit clears complex trades for securities firms.

MF Global collapsed after making a disastrous bet on European debt. It filed for bankruptcy protection on Oct. 31.

Jon Corzine, the former New Jersey governor and U.S. senator, led the firm until earlier this month.

A court-appointed trustee overseeing MF Global's bankruptcy said Monday that up to $1.2 billion was missing from customer accounts, double what the firm had reported to regulators last month.

The CFTC and other regulators are investigating whether the firm used money from clients' accounts as its own financial condition worsened. That would be a violation of securities rules. The FBI is also investigating whether MF Global violated any criminal laws.
Roughly 120 U.S. firms trade futures, including major Wall Street banks. Federal rules require customers' money to be kept separate from the firms'.

The CFTC has asked for comments on the ICE request by December 22.
IMO, this is the same stuff that received Paulson's bailouts. Had MF been too big to fail, would be business as usual. That's primarily why TBTF institutions were rescued, too risky ventures and too little capital to back it up.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
what i got from hydro's statement is that cops tend to hire ex gang members because of the mental type.

you know crips,bloods,brotherhood, that type of thing...

i guess you equate drum circles to drive bys and then transfer your notions to hydro?

What I got was a silly argument backed up with semantics. And then you brought more semantics.

Look at history. Cops have treated many forms of peaceful protest badly.

labor disputes

civil rights protests

war protests

Arab spring

OWS protests

Hydro's just preempting the fallout by suggesting that protesters ie 'gangs' will be the transgressors. Never mind they have to be hired by, uh... the cops.

:laughing:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cops killed veterans (2 of them) during the Bonus Army Protest in the 1930's. This brutality is nothing new. If a movement cannot be coopted or bought out it will be put down with force. Statist dissent will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.