What's new

Occupy Wall Street: Not on major media but worth watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudesome

Veteran
Lol, all they have to learn is how to inherit daddy's money and buy off lawmakers. Everything else is just filler.

Low risk, long term investors don't have to teach themselves that high risk fraudsters will buy deregulation and rip everybody off. All we have to do is acknowledge reality.

You might have read the linked Rolling Stone article. IMO, you absorbed very little of it. Eight pages outlining tax break after tax break and ZERO statistics showing the top's promises of expansion are anything more than the same load of baloney that's been floating for centuries.

We can flush the toilet on the idea that greed has a positive side.

im not sure what kinds of returns youre talking about.

Cause i'm talking about 25%+ stable, which you will never get in any mutual fund and rarely will you find such a hedgefund I bet... not a single broker will get u such returns not talking about pension funds or anything else.
And trust me I am not talking about daytrading either. I am talking about a stable long term growth. Apple/RealEstate pre 2008/Stocks pre dotcom/gold in 80s and today....
This is the only way to grow wealth. And without a stable growth you need to inheret. Yet we live in a world where the age for new billionaires came to like what... 20 years old? How come? Because it's much easier to become rich today. Before the 2008 the USD liquidity was crazy. So crazy that new millionaires popped everyday.

So the real 1%ers of future are stacking physical today ... that is for sure.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the american revolution was a long time ago against an navy which although being superior was faced w/ huge logistic issues as far as getting their military here. arguably the us gained little more than an acknowledgement of pseudo-sovereignty

today it takes a few hours to get places which used to take a few months care to guess who has the best access to those resources?

red dawn was a movie NTM not a very realistic one. nonetheless, the wolverines took heavy casualties and any illusion of victory would have to depend on the russians giving up

as noted directly above: make no mistake, the "99%" would be reduced to pockets of minor resistance in no time. it would really be the rough equivalent of allied forces in vietnam then or in afghanistan today. do people have any idea how many more casualties the "terrorists" take compared to allied? can people really understand what taking casualties means when it happens live? what about the difference between "sustained" conflict and something like a gang/drive by shooting which is usually over before one has a chance to even start being afraid?

lol not a bad 1000th post

G

greenmatter

Fuckin' A skippy.....the organized forces would make quick work of it. It wouldn't even be a fight...it would be a slaughter.

i agree ....... but who are the organized forces you are talking about and who are they made up of? and after the first slaughter what happens to public opinion? what do some of the people in the organized forces think after the first slaughter? lots and lots of variables in there.

people here are so use to shit being the way they want it, they can't imagine a reality without a government. if the shit hits the fan here there are going to be some realities that will be ....... uhm ..... challenging.:tiphat:

when the electricity goes out some people will think the world is gonna end. if it stays out for a while, people will lose it. if it stays out for a long time we are going to see things like cholera ( cause to many idiots would shit where they eat), typhus ( cause there are all kinds little nasties out there) and one that has not really ever occurred here in the U.S. .... famine !

if this turns into a full fledged revolution it's gonna be fucking ugly ...... for each and every one of us. thats 100%

what are the latest poll numbers? how many americans are happy with the way anything is going?

we are all in this shit together in the end, no matter what any of us think now.

mrcreosote

Veteran
The British knew the type of people who offered taunts outside the Custom House.
They met an entirely different type 5 years later at the North Bridge in Concord.
The British didn't know they existed because this type do not make a lot of noise.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
dude it is funny :dance013:
ying.gif

:redface:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Who needs full auto? A few decent shooters with hunting rifles and some home made explosives can sure wreck alot of fucking havoc. And who are these foreign militarist that USA is going to bring over? Some if you need to lay off the sativas....yal getting a bit too
Noid

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
The British knew the type of people who offered taunts outside the Custom House.
They met an entirely different type 5 years later at the North Bridge in Concord.
The British didn't know they existed because this type do not make a lot of noise.

I meant to press yes on this. Lot of patriots in this country who are expert marksman

mrcreosote

Veteran
The quiet people are getting angry. They don't get angry about the wolves because they understand the wolves nature. What's the point? Wolves are wolves and you can't wish them into puppy dogs.
They are getting angry because the people who take their money to keep the wolves at bay have let them run rampant to pillage and then give them prime rib to dine on that the people paid for.

The quiet people are learning that there are two wolf packs working together. You can't be betrayed by a wolf because you understand their nature.
The anger is for the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Where it rightfully belongs.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
You're right, there's fraud and corruption in government and business. But business has the money to unduly persuade government. With campaign finance reform, elected lawmakers would be chasing votes instead of excess dollars. Special interest lawmakers would be fewer and farther between.

We have two ways to make it big these days, investment banking and Wall Street lobbying. I'd have to have connections or have the particular educations suited for these jobs.

Or, I could run for office and pass tax cuts for the top. There I'll secure a civilian job as lobbyist or bank executive.

Take away my fat cat contributions and I'll get voted from office if I don't more broadly serve constituent's interests.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
who the hell said a company is like a person? a company can't vote. groups shouldn't be allowed to contribute funds to campaigns. only individuals, and with a limit. no companies, no unions. companies can't vote and neither can unions. if they want to send money to a candidate, convince their employees or members to do so. on their own. they want tv time? force the networks to give em it. they don't own the airwaves, the *people* own them, we just let them use them.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
who the hell said a company is like a person? a company can't vote. groups shouldn't be allowed to contribute funds to campaigns. only individuals, and with a limit. no companies, no unions. companies can't vote and neither can unions. if they want to send money to a candidate, convince their employees or members to do so. on their own. they want tv time? force the networks to give em it. they don't own the airwaves, the *people* own them, we just let them use them.

IMO, the little box on the tax return is pretty cool. Check it and donate $3 to the presidential election fund. It doesn't lower your refund, it lowers the amount of taxable income by $3.
General election candidates receive federal matching funds and this is their campaign limit.

I agree that television should provide free or considerably less expensive election coverage. The bastards make money like the super bowl.

Bundlers should also be waxed. The individual can deliver their personal contribution just fine, no need to pad a middleman's special interest(s).

Dudesome

Veteran

wait so in your opinion people who own a corporation shouldn't vote at all? Or do you mean to say that they shouldn't vote for the benefit of their corporation?

Corporations are made of people.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Nah, iot's not like that. The whole corporation-is-a-person concept seeks the blessing that money is free speech (and can't be limited.)

Corporate executives can still vote their personal interests, their corporate interests or anyone they feel addresses both.

But their corporation shouldn't be able to contribute unlimited sums of cash. Only limited donations are qualified to go to direct campaign financing. Higher sums may be contributed to parties. Negative add groups get all the unlimited cash.

One newspaper in Montana has already pulled one series of negative ads because of inaccuracies. Carl Rove was implicated and says his crap is correct. Too bad, they're not airing in Montana.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
You're right, there's fraud and corruption in government and business. But business has the money to unduly persuade government. With campaign finance reform, elected lawmakers would be chasing votes instead of excess dollars. Special interest lawmakers would be fewer and farther between.

We have two ways to make it big these days, investment banking and Wall Street lobbying. I'd have to have connections or have the particular educations suited for these jobs.

Or, I could run for office and pass tax cuts for the top. There I'll secure a civilian job as lobbyist or bank executive.

Take away my fat cat contributions and I'll get voted from office if I don't more broadly serve constituent's interests.

or you could sue someone with more than you..
or you could do stupid shit on reality TV..
or you could work hard,spend less than you make and invest those savings wisely.

but the latter has become passe' in today's society.

T

THE PABLOS

i agree ....... but who are the organized forces you are talking about and who are they made up of? and after the first slaughter what happens to public opinion? what do some of the people in the organized forces think after the first slaughter? lots and lots of variables in there.

people here are so use to shit being the way they want it, they can't imagine a reality without a government. if the shit hits the fan here there are going to be some realities that will be ....... uhm ..... challenging.:tiphat:

when the electricity goes out some people will think the world is gonna end. if it stays out for a while, people will lose it. if it stays out for a long time we are going to see things like cholera ( cause to many idiots would shit where they eat), typhus ( cause there are all kinds little nasties out there) and one that has not really ever occurred here in the U.S. .... famine !

if this turns into a full fledged revolution it's gonna be fucking ugly ...... for each and every one of us. thats 100%

what are the latest poll numbers? how many americans are happy with the way anything is going?

we are all in this shit together in the end, no matter what any of us think now.

There will be no revolution. I see lots of happy peeps in America. Revolution may not be what anyone wants. The polls can show all the disdain they want....those peeps polled are still sitting good...they have not had to struggle yet. Reality check...we are a fat and wealthy country...no one is used to skipping on meals or luxury.

The organized forces? The military dude...with lots of trained troops used to combat reality. If there were a revolution...who do you takes over? I'll answer: a military dictatorship. Peace through superior firepower is how this has always worked. Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.